U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times

Advertisements

Have you ever seen a team with 10 or 11 losses in the month of December playing not to LOSE? lol For example I am watching the Titans/Giants game and the Titans decided to punt the ball on 3rd and short. Now wouldn't this be the time for this team to let it all hang out and just play to win the game? So why not go for it on 4th down and see if they can keep the drive alive and maybe get a touchdown? And if they didn;t get the 1st down would it be that big of a deal since the team already has 10 losses? Now I,m not saying go for it on 4th down every possession but if you are a team like the Jags, titans, or raiders don;t you have to go for it atleast once or twice during the game?

Settling for FG's and punting on 3rd and short is something is what teams in the playoff hunt should be doing not a team with a 3-10 record. Agree or Disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
I'm thinking depending on team make up, young players, why not go for it, everything is a learning curve for rookies. Of course, the Packers are a different animal but players have lobbied McCarthy before, let us go for it and they get it.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm thinking depending on team make up, young players, why not go for it, everything is a learning curve for rookies. Of course, the Packers are a different animal but players have lobbied McCarthy before, let us go for it and they get it.
Actually when it comes to a winning team, i don't see a issue with going for it on 4th down on the 1st drive of the game. I mean you are in the redzone and if you don't get it the other team still has to drive 80 yds the other way. Is it weird i rather have no pts and bad field position for the other team lol

Going up 3-0 does nothing for me at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football