U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 03:06 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,058,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
No problem. It was a good question and it took me a moment when I thought about it. The biggest obstacle for the Texans making it in will be Baltimore losing at home to a Browns team playing with an unknown QB (Shaw). The Brown's situation is so bad right now, they tried to sign Rex Grossman to a one week contract to QB in this game.
Yeah, I don't see the Ravens losing this one. The Browns just added Tyler Thigpen to the roster, so it will either be him or Connor Shaw starting at Baltimore. What a difference a few weeks make. The Browns were right in the thick of it, and I thought this game would have playoff implications for them. I'm sure they'd love to play spoiler against a rival, but that will be a tall order with a 3rd-stringer in there. It's worth noting that the Ravens just lost to 4th-stringer Case Keenum on Sunday. But I can't see them losing this one at home with this much on the line to a struggling Browns team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 06:09 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Wow! I was hoping it would be the Chiefs, but that's cool too. Thanks!
A Baltimore loss, Texans loss and Chiefs win would get the Chiefs in.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:04 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
A Baltimore loss, Texans loss and Chiefs win would get the Chiefs in.
Are you sure? I heard all san diego had to do was win and they was in

Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM

368 posts, read 308,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Are you sure? I heard all san diego had to do was win and they was in
Well, Kansas City plays San Diego. A Chief win would mean a Charger loss by default.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
Well, Kansas City plays San Diego. A Chief win would mean a Charger loss by default.
Well the chiefs are not good enough due to a lack of QB so the Chargers will be in the postseason

Old 12-23-2014, 10:05 PM

368 posts, read 308,054 times
Quote:
Well the chiefs are not good enough due to a lack of QB so the Chargers will be in the postseason
That didn't stop them from beating San Diego the first time around at their place, or New England or Seattle for that matter. Now they're at home for the second meeting.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
That didn't stop them from beating San Diego the first time around at their place, or New England or Seattle for that matter. Now they're at home for the second meeting.
Alex Smith is not a franchise QB and the Chargers are hot and should win

Old 12-24-2014, 07:21 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Alex Smith is not a franchise QB and the Chargers are hot and should win
Remember what happened the last time the Chargers were "hot". They lost three in a row including a 30 something to zero shut-out loss on the road in Miami. Rivers does have an incredibly good December record, but this game will be anything but a for sure thing.

This Chiefs/Chargers game is a total toss up game that could go to either team at this point.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:25 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fitzy, Mallett, Savage, now Keenum. The coaching staff has done a good job after last year's 2-14 team.
I agree. At the same time, that team last year really had no business going 2-14. I mean it was pretty much the same team from the year prior. It is not surprising to see them back as a middle of the pack team.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:33 AM

5,364 posts, read 6,003,223 times
I don't see any team in the conference beating NE. Gronk is healthy for the first time in Years and they finally have a secondary that can shut down opposing pass offenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football