Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Remember what happened the last time the Chargers were "hot". They lost three in a row including a 30 something to zero shut-out loss on the road in Miami. Rivers does have an incredibly good December record, but this game will be anything but a for sure thing.

This Chiefs/Chargers game is a total toss up game that could go to either team at this point.
I seen the Chiefs fail in 3 BIG games in the past month and is no way a playoff team. I still can't get over that home loss to Denver to regain the lead in the AFC West, a game on national tv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 01:32 PM

625 posts, read 952,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
A Baltimore loss, Texans loss and Chiefs win would get the Chiefs in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I don't see any team in the conference beating NE. Gronk is healthy for the first time in Years and they finally have a secondary that can shut down opposing pass offenses.

I am a Chiefs fan who hopes Kansas City can get in that final wildcard playoff spot. But even I have to admit that New England will be tough to beat in the AFC.

Brady is having another 4,000 yard season, with good receivers and the great tight end Gronkowski. Like you mentioned, Gronkowski is healthy all season this year. Not only that but the New England defense is good again with Nikovich at the front line and at the secondary with Darelle Revis. The Patriots have a strong chance in getting to the super bowl this postseason even if they have to play the Broncos again in the AFC title game. Honestly, if Tom Brady wins a fourth super bowl before he retires, this is the year.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I am a Chiefs fan who hopes Kansas City can get in that final wildcard playoff spot. But even I have to admit that New England will be tough to beat in the AFC.

Brady is having another 4,000 yard season, with good receivers and the great tight end Gronkowski. Like you mentioned, Gronkowski is healthy all season this year. Not only that but the New England defense is good again with Nikovich at the front line and at the secondary with Darelle Revis. The Patriots have a strong chance in getting to the super bowl this postseason even if they have to play the Broncos again in the AFC title game. Honestly, if Tom Brady wins a fourth super bowl before he retires, this is the year.
As near as I can figure, using the ESPN playoff generator, the Chiefs get the #6 seed with a win over the Chargers, and losses by the Ravens (vs Browns) AND Texans (vs Jaguars). While I consider the Chiefs highly likely to beat the Chargers, I'd still consider their chances pretty low that they win AND both the Ravens and Texans lose, given their opponents. But hey, in the NFL anything can happen.

Regarding Brady and the Patriots, they definitely look like favorites out of the AFC. And they are pretty reliable in the playoffs, too. But I won't count out any team in this playoff slate. In the AFC I think this is one of the most complete and impressive playoff slates from top to bottom as we've seen in years.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:38 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Some AFC Playoff scenarios to mull over while waiting on week 17 to commence:

The Chargers improve to 10-6 and clinch a playoff spot with a win.

The Ravens improve to 10-6 and clinch a playoff spot with a win AND a SD loss or tie.

The Texans improve to 9-7 and clinch a playoff spot with a win AND losses by the Ravens and Chargers

The Chiefs improve to 9-7 with a win (over the Chargers) AND losses by the Ravens and Texans.

This isn't the only combination of possibilities, just some of the more likely ones.

On our picks thread I picked the Ravens winning (vs the Browns) and the Chargers dropping a their game to the Chiefs. With the Chiefs starting Chase Daniel in place of an injured Alex Smith this game just got a little more interesting. Still, I'm not changing my picks. I think the Chargers drop their game and the Ravens take theirs, snatching up that last playoff spot. In doing so it'll set up a divisional rival playoff game between the Ravens and the winner of the Bengals @ Steelers game. Good stuff.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:07 PM
FBJ

Ravens, Chiefs, and Texans are OUT, book it

Old 12-26-2014, 09:15 PM

387 posts, read 408,458 times
I actually see the AFC coming down to NE/PIT. When it all comes down to it Brady/Ben are like the villain in a movie. You have to make sure the clock has ran out before you can claim victory. When I watched MNF I couldn't help but notice how jittery Peyton looked. It seems as if he's aged 5 yrs since September. When the Pats played them earlier all they did was go man under and forced him to throw downfield to the outside. While Manning has always had great timing/anticipation his arm is just above average.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
I actually see the AFC coming down to NE/PIT. When it all comes down to it Brady/Ben are like the villain in a movie. You have to make sure the clock has ran out before you can claim victory. When I watched MNF I couldn't help but notice how jittery Peyton looked. It seems as if he's aged 5 yrs since September. When the Pats played them earlier all they did was go man under and forced him to throw downfield to the outside. While Manning has always had great timing/anticipation his arm is just above average.
They could be playing Cincy two weeks in a row

Old 12-26-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
They could be playing Cincy two weeks in a row
Yeah, and Dalton would be the QB 2 weeks in a row, lol.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:47 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
Yeah, and Dalton would be the QB 2 weeks in a row, lol.
How much longer do they plan to hold on to him if he loses another playoff game to drop to 0-4? There is no way a guy would still be the starting QB here in philly if he lost his last 3 playoff games. The eagles lost their last 3 playoff games but it was 3 different guys

Mcanabb-09

Vick-10

Foles-13

Not the same guy I guess that is the difference between Cincinnati and Philadelpphia

Old 12-26-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
How much longer do they plan to hold on to him if he loses another playoff game to drop to 0-4? There is no way a guy would still be the starting QB here in philly if he lost his last 3 playoff games. The eagles lost their last 3 playoff games but it was 3 different guys

Mcanabb-09

Vick-10

Foles-13

Not the same guy I guess that is the difference between Cincinnati and Philadelpphia

Before the season started I thought that (on paper) Cinci had one of the most talented rosters in the league. While they've had some injuries to key players (Jones-Burfict-Eifert) my line of thinking was that Dalton would step up and actually play the part. While at times he's looked pretty good I could never put full trust in him. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw that deal he got (6yr/114m) but, when reading the fine print it's fairly team friendly. IF they don't make it out of the wild-card round you have to think about drafting someone or pick up a vet and have an open comp next year in camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football