U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:47 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,223,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I believe it will still have the collapse feel because how often does a team start 9-3 and miss the playoffs?
Well,its still a big IF..
The Eagles could still win the division by winning out and the Cowboys falling this weekend to the Colts or next weekend to the Redskins....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 10:01 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well,its still a big IF..
The Eagles could still win the division by winning out and the Cowboys falling this weekend to the Colts or next weekend to the Redskins....
I feel it's a 60 percent chance they lose to Washington since the skins played them though in philly. Giants on the other hand have no offense or no defense or no coach

So if the cowboys slip up and tied with the eagles heading into the last week of the season, the cowboys can forget it because the Giants aint being the rahltd

Old 12-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I feel it's a 60 percent chance they lose to Washington since the skins played them though in philly. Giants on the other hand have no offense or no defense or no coach

So if the cowboys slip up and tied with the eagles heading into the last week of the season, the cowboys can forget it because the Giants aint being the rahltd
Why do i wish this game was in Indy vs the Death Star?

Old 12-17-2014, 11:11 AM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Quote:
I believe it will still have the collapse feel because how often does a team start 9-3 and miss the playoffs?
A winning record speaks for itself. Philly (nor the Lions, Packers or Seahawks) can account for the playoff format that allows a team with a losing record into the postseason.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:15 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
One of those years again, nothing to do with a collapse! One of the teams mentioned will have a decent record and be kept out because a division winner gets in regardless. It isn't the first time and unless they change it, won't be the last.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:24 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
In philly, having an 11-5 record and missing the playoffs will be unacceptable no matter what the reason is. H

Old 12-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
In philly, having an 11-5 record and missing the playoffs will be unacceptable no matter what the reason is. H
Well.. i think the folks in philly are used to the Eagles losing.. they been doing it for 60 years!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:28 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
philly fans dont fret. there is still the possibility that both dallas and philly can make the playoffs, but they need some help, and they both need to win out.

10-4 green bay has games left with tampa bay and detroit
10-4 detroit has games left with chicago and green bay
10-4 seattle has arizona and st louis

what happens if just one of those three teams loses both their games? if dallas and philly win out, then both are in at 12-4 and 11-5 respectively. so philly fans need to become good fans of of tampa bay, detroit, green bay, arizona, and st louis. because if they all win, then seattle is out and philly is in.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:26 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
If the Eagles win out and and miss the playoffs at 11-5, then that would not qualify as a collapse.. just bad luck.

If they lose out, that would mean they lost their final 4 games of the season and YES, that would be a major collapse... but i don't see that happening.... it would be nice but unlikely!

Considering they lost at home to a Dallas team they had beaten by 30 on the road 17 days earlier and I think you can definitely call it a collapse. Bad luck for sure, but they did it to themselves.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:41 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
So, here's what I got this weekend:

I'll take Philly beating the runaway about to derail freight train that is the Washington Redskins
Colts beating the Cowboys
Packers lay a hurting on the Bucs
Lions over a Bears squad that has thrown in the towel for the year
Seahawks devouring the 3rd (4th??) string QB for the Cards.

That would leave Seattle & Green Bay with the 2 bye's at 11-4; Eagles jump Cowboys for the division; 2 Wildcard's are Arizona (already clinched) and Detroit.
Which would set up the NFC North & NFC East in play. Since the Packers & Lions play each other, one of those teams is guaranteed (probably) to lose, while the Eagles & Cowboys can either both win, both lose or 1 wins while the other loses. Actually I think both the Eagles AND Cowboys are in trouble week 17 tbh. Giants are playing well to end the year, could very well be Coughlin's last game they'd LOVE to knock the Eagles out, and same with the Redskins/Cowboys. Definitely no love loss between those 2 teams, and the Skins already beat them once this year on the road. And let's just say Cowboys in win and advance-lose and go home games under Garrett aren't especially good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or