U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:08 AM

9,585 posts, read 8,886,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I feel it's a 60 percent chance they lose to Washington since the skins played them though in philly. Giants on the other hand have no offense or no defense or no coach

So if the cowboys slip up and tied with the eagles heading into the last week of the season, the cowboys can forget it because the Giants aint being the rahltd
Are you serious..? The Giants actually are a huge threat to Philly right now. The offense has started to click, the defense is playing better. In fact the Giants will be sky high for that game ..that is a huge mistake to rule out the Giants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:13 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Fans are so quick these days to bash coaches, coordinators and I think the same thing! Who are you going to get that is better? As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you might get it and then some!

Eagles and Cowboys for division will be interesting similar to the North, Packers and Lions. In spite of Luck having INTsper vr.b.d aas a QB, I have more confidence in him than Romo. Lucks throws more TDs, Romo depends on that run game and with the injury to the RB will make for an interesting game.

Well I don't blame u because romo has not delivered yet in December. Luck has

Old 12-18-2014, 07:23 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Fans are so quick these days to bash coaches, coordinators and I think the same thing! Who are you going to get that is better? As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you might get it and then some!

Eagles and Cowboys for division will be interesting similar to the North, Packers and Lions. In spite of Luck having INTsper vr.b.d aas a QB, I have more confidence in him than Romo. Lucks throws more TDs, Romo depends on that run game and with the injury to the RB will make for an interesting game.

Well I don't blame u because romo has not delivered yet in December. Luck has

Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,223,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
FBJ..my man, I'm not a Giants fan.. but I have to defend Tom Coughlin. A 2-time world champ, and don't forget he took a young expansion team in Jacksonville and had them winning playoff games by their second season. Coughlin had a streak where the expansion Jags were winning 11+ games for several seasons. He's won over 70% of his games in New York.. I wouldn't characterize him as 'no' coach.

For folks wanting to see Coughlin go, who is gonna be on the market with a better head coaching resume' than Coughlin (?)

That sb argument is weak because his team missed the playoffs Three seasons in a row[/quote]

The SB argument is never weak.. it might get old but its never weak...

I would trade 3 seasons in a row without a playoff appearance for 2 more Lombardi's ..

what team wouldn't?

Old 12-18-2014, 07:57 AM
FBJ

[ QUOTE=83606 s b ar gument is w eak be cau se his team missed the playoffs Three seasons in a row[/quote]

The SB argument is never weak.. it might get old but its never weak...

I would trade 3 seasons in a row without a playoff appearance for 2 more Lombardi's ..

what team wouldn't?[/quote]

I still think bill belechik is better because his teams never issued the playoffs 3 years on a row

Not only did the Giants miss the playoffs 3 years in a row they missed the playoffs 5 times in last 6 years

Old 12-18-2014, 08:05 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,223,374 times
I don't think anyone would argue that Caughlin was better than Belichick even though he bested him in 2 Super Bowls. Belichick consistently has a playoff caliber if not Super Bowl contending team but as those 2 Super Bowl losses will attest... the better coach does not always have the better team...

Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Incredible to me how a coach can come in and develop a winning team, perhaps even win a Superbowl or more, and be loved by all for being a genius for a while...

Then after another while that very same coach is considered to be a washed-up loser, and everyone wants to show him the door ASAP.

It must be that "what have you done for me lately" mentality?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:22 AM

368 posts, read 802,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Incredible to me how a coach can come in and develop a winning team, perhaps even win a Superbowl or more, and be loved by all for being a genius for a while...

Then after another while that very same coach is considered to be a washed-up loser, and everyone wants to show him the door ASAP.

On display in Santa Clara as we speak, and it hardly took any time at all.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:18 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

I agree with you for the most part. But I have to say that sometimes, when it's years and years after the winning or championship, it's warranted. Sometimes a change is just needed.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:19 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
On display in Santa Clara as we speak, and it hardly took any time at all.
That's just a disaster there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or