U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:28 AM

10,677 posts, read 11,087,576 times

Advertisements

I think it would look good if they'd have gone all gold. That would be a good combo with that black and teal of their uniform color. The teal and gold may have been a good look. In it's current form I don't like it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 06:39 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,124,122 times
To me, the Jags helmets still look IN-COM-PLETE.

They still look (to my non-professional eye) like a half-baked paint job by Earl Sheib Auto Painting -- when he was still in business!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,974,996 times
I did not do this, wish I had, but still.....

For those of you who say that I have way too much time on my hands.......

Someone outdid themselves, and for any other star wars fans, the Redskins one made me almost fall over laughing

Old 01-10-2018, 08:25 AM

1,579 posts, read 982,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
They still look (to my non-professional eye) like a half-baked paint job by Earl Sheib Auto Painting -- when he was still in business
(chuckle).. 'Earl Scheib'll paint any ugly helmet for just $99.95 !'

Old 01-10-2018, 09:05 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,890,925 times
I like 'em, but I'm in favor of anything that will yank on the traditionalists.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:08 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,959,888 times
The helmet design change came about at the same time so many motorcycle helmets, vehicles and motorcycles were going to that flat black (matte) look which I could never warm up to. I think the Jaguars wanted to get a bit of that trend in their design.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-black-...on-luxury-cars

My three cents

Old 01-10-2018, 02:21 PM

6,416 posts, read 4,832,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
This is the first time I've seen them play this year, and I'm not certain when I last saw them play.

Their helmets are black in front and gold in back. Wouldn't that make it just a slight bit easier for the defense secondary to determine which direction the QB is looking?
I want to say this as a Jags fan. I get annoyed when people call the Jacksonville Jaguars uniforms ugly. I think they are pretty stylish. The problem is many people are old school and dont like change or new things. Another issue is as the OP points out many people rarely see the Jaguars play because of other factors, so many people dont even know what a Jacksonville Jaguar uniform looks like. They have had those helmets for a few years now. For the record his my list of UGLY NFL uniforms

GreenBay Packers
Washington Redskins
Cleveland Browns
Chicago Bears
Buffalo Bills

My List of best looking uniforms outside of the Jaguars

Cincinnati Bengals
Oakland Raiders
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles

All very stylish and clean.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:23 PM

6,416 posts, read 4,832,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Considering the Jags made the change two years ago; I guess they are the pinnacle of irrelevant if someone just realized their helmet has changed.

For the record; I don't mind the helmet. Seems anything that deviates Packers/Steelers/Browns type designs are unpopular with the elder crowd.
This is what I mean. Those helmets are not new, the uniform is not new, people are just seeing it now because of the playoffs. If the Jags keep making the playoffs get used to the Khan jerseys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football