U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 02:38 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,070,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Umm, that wasn't a knock on the Browns if that's what you read into it. I was saying at least the Steelers and Ravens do more than get their asses handed to them in the first round when they do get into the playoffs. Nobody wants to watch another boring Bengals playoff game.

I guess I did kind of see it that way. My apologies. As a Browns fan, anytime their rivals lose, I'm happy. Sometimes though depending on which of the 3 it is, I am forced to temporarily align with 1 of the other 2. Call me bitter I suppose, but 20 years without a playoff victory, and 1 playoff appearance since their return will do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 05:56 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,632,329 times
Titans @ Jags *Toilet bowl of the week
Chargers @ 49ers *9ers bounce back from a horrible downward spiral
Eagles @ Redskins
Vikings @ Dolphins
Ravens
@ Texans
Lions @ Bears
Browns @ Panthers *Upset pick
Falcons @ Saints
Packers
@ Buccaneers
Chiefs @ Steelers
Patriots
@ Jets
Giants @ Rams
Bills
@ Raiders
Colts @ Cowboys
Seahawks @Cardinals
Broncos
@ Bengals

Old 12-17-2014, 06:00 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,894,493 times
Tenn @ Jack (The Mariotta Bowl)

I will get the rest of my picks for the week in soon. Just wanted to make sure this one was in. What a joke. It could go either way, but Tenn just looks pathetic as of late.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:02 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,073,610 times
As always, I make my initial picks on Monday-Tuesday, and update them Wednesday night.

Tennessee at Jacksonville
Philadelphia at Washington
San Diego at San Francisco
Minnesota at Miami
Baltimore at Houston
Detroit at Chicago
Cleveland at Carolina
Atlanta at New Orleans
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Kansas City at Pittsburgh
New England at NY Jets
NY Giants at St. Louis
Buffalo at Oakland
Indianapolis at Dallas
Seattle at Arizona
Denver at Cincinnati

Old 12-17-2014, 10:37 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,382,101 times
Jaguars/Titans
Eagles/Redskins
Chargers/49ers
Packers/Buccaneers
Dolphins/Vikings
Ravens/Texans
Lions/Bears
Panthers/Browns
Saints/Falcons
Chiefs/Steelers
Patriots/Jets
Rams/Giants
Bills/Oakland
Cowboys/Colts
Seahawks/Cardinals
Broncos/Bengals

147-75-1 for season

Old 12-18-2014, 04:47 AM

10,674 posts, read 11,078,829 times
Tonight's game is Titans @ Jaguars. I know a lot of you have commented about the low quality of the TNF games, but you haven't seen nothin' yet! My guess is reruns of Happy Days would draw higher ratings than this game. Nonetheless it's what we have to work with tonight and I have to pick a winner.

I think I am going to take the Jaguars over the Titans in this one. I won't know if I am right until sometime on Friday when I see the final score. I certainly won't be tuning in. They should have played this game in London.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,172,492 times
Jaguars
Eagles
Chargers
Dolphins
Ravens
Lions
Saints
Packers
Steelers
Patriots
Rams
Bills
Colts
Seahawks
Broncos

Good luck everyone!

Old 12-18-2014, 01:55 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Jaguars. ESPN Stats & Info tweeted out that the Jaguars (-3.5 when they posted it, now -4) are favorites for the first time in 42 straight games: That just tells you how awful Tennessee is! And how in the bloody hell did this team beat the Chiefs @ Arrowhead??
Eagles. Bounce back from the Dallas game over the pathetic Skins
Niners. Do the Niners fight back, or do they fold like a cheap tent. Chargers have been really unimpressive....so much so I'll take a gamble on the Niners at least having some fight back
Dolphins. Vikes are eliminated, while the Phins are still hanging on by a thread, I'll take the Phins.
Ravens. I think the Texans may have won with Fitz, but tough sledding with Tom Savage under center
Lions. Bears have thrown in the towel for the year.
Panthers. Another crack for Johnny shutout. Think he'll actually score some points, but the Browns still lose.
Packers. Man, there are just some AWFUL teams this year.
Falcons. I just can't do it anymore with the Saints in the dome.
Steelers. Had the Chiefs not lost to the Titans at least they'd still be breathing with a loss here, right now with a loss the Chiefs are cooked.
Rams. Rams still have a shot for a .500 record while the Giants got some momentum.......against the Titans and Skins and fall back down to earth here.
Pats. Jets may hang around, but the Pats by 2+ touchdowns
Bills. Like the Jets, the Raiders will hang around. Unlike the Jets, the Raiders will hang around for the whole game unlike the Jets for a half.
Colts. Luck finds a way to luck out once again
Seahawks. Regain control of the NFC West and home field in the NFC by devouring the Cards 3rd string QB.
Broncos. Bengals will fall down to the 2nd wildcard after the Steelers & Ravens win on Sunday

Old 12-18-2014, 03:35 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,953 times
Well, almost the end of the regular season, and almost Christmas too.
SO here we go with this week's picks.

Titans vs JAGUARS It is time for the Spotted Cats to pick up another win. I don't think the Titans will make much of an effort here. They need a QB really bad and losing is in their advantage, while the Jags can get the player they need at pick 3 or 4

EAGLES vs Redskins RG3 and 11 may be looking for a new home .
BUFFALOES vs Raiders The Raiders are another team that will improve with any draft pick they get. And they do not have to TRY to lose either.
49ers vs CHARGERS Coach Harbaugh will probably be looking for a new home in a couple of weeks too.
Broncos vs BENGALS Something tells me to pick this as the Uspet of the week.

STEELERS vs Chiefs The Steelers are on a roll, sort of , kind of.
PACKERS vs Buccaneers The Acme Packers can use this as a practice game.
Giants vs RAMS The RAMS showed the world that they are a power team. Of course, they got beat last week by a better team. Not this week.
Seahawks vs CARDINALS When Birds aattack 5 Odds should favor the Seahawks. The Pesky Red Birds have the edge in defense, but a gap in offense. But in the desert, they have an advantage.
PATRIOTS vs Jets The Jets are inconsistent enough to win this

-------------------------A SUPER BOWL REMATCH------------------------------
DOLPHINS vs Vikings Enjoy this clip, because this game will go about the same way for the FINZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4k-Q0TZNbc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Texans vs RAVENS The Texans coach will hate this game.

_____________________________ANOTHER SUPER BOWL REMATCH____________

COLTS vs. Cowboys Luck shows flashes of Johnny U

Enjoy this SLIDESHOW of the Super Bowl between the Colts and the Cowboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgFaUquznoU

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

BROWNS vs Panthers Panthers have a more NCAA LIke Defense for Johhny f ball to practice
Falcons vs SAINTS Don't know how, but the Saints HAVE to win this game.

Bears vs LIONS I think the Big Cats will cruise at home in Detroit, Rock City, setting up a division rival game next week in Green Bay against the Acme Packers

Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Week 16

Ten @ Jax - Jax 19-13

Phi @ Was - Phi 34-23
SD @ SF - SD 23-17

Cle @ Car - Car 24-14
Det @ Chi - Det 20-10
Bal @ Hou - Bal 21-13
Min @ Mia - Mia 24-21
Atl @ NO - Atl 31-28
NE @ NYJ - NE 38-14
KC @ Pit - Pit 27-17
GB @ TB - GB 30-13

NYG @ StL - NYG 28-17
Ind @ Dal - Dal 33-24
Buf @ Oak - Buf 22-14

Sea @ Az - Sea 26-12

Den @ Cin - Cin 27-22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or