U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 06:55 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,095,471 times

Advertisements

Carolina at Atlanta- The Dirty Birds get in.

Cleveland at Baltimore- Connor Shaw anyone? Make that 22 starting QBs for the Browns since their return in 1999. Will he be the next Spergeon Wynn, or a hidden gem? Hey, one can dream. At any rate, the Browns are shifting focus on the draft, while the Ravens gear up for the playoffs.

Dallas at Washington- The Cowboys get revenge for their early season loss. Look for the starters to be pulled by the 3rd qtr.

Indianapolis at Tennessee- Indy cruises to victory.

Jacksonville at Houston- The Texans win, but would need a lot of help to get into the playoffs.

San Diego at Kansas City- Chargers come up short in their playoff aspirations.

NY Jets at Miami- The Fish squeak another one out.

Chicago at Minnesota- As with Trestman, you have to wonder if Cutler's career in Chicago is over?

Buffalo at New England- While New England has clinched the top seed in the AFC, after the let down against Oakland last week, I just can't see the Bills making a game of this.

Philadelphia at NY Giants- Could this be Coughlin's last hoorah?

New Orleans at Tampa Bay- Saints are out, and going through the motions. The Bucs pull the upset.

Detroit at Green Bay- This should be a great match up. I have to pick the Pack at home.

Oakland at Denver- No way that Oakland goes into the Mile High city and gets 3 in a row.

Arizona at San Francisco- Question for Niners fans? If Harbaugh is gone after this year, is Kaepernick as well? Since he was given the reigns in the year they went to the Super Bowl, he seems to have regressed.
St. Louis at Seattle- The Rams are a speed bump for the Seahawks tuning up for a deep run in the post season.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh- This one will be close. And something tells me that no matter who wins this one, we may see these 2 again the following week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 07:25 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Browns @ Ravens
Cowboys
@ Redskins
Colts @ Titans
Saints @ Buccaneers
Eagles
@ Giants
Bills @ Patriots
Jaguars @ Texans
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Vikings
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ 49ers
Lions @ Packers
Rams @ Seahawks
Panthers
@ Falcons
Bengals @ Steelers

Old 12-23-2014, 07:40 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,060,574 times
Carolina at Atlanta-I really thought the Saints were going to take the mighty NFC South and I'm surprised that this is the play-in game. Falcons are 5-0 in divisional games and are at home, but my gut feeling says the Panthers are going to win this and Mike Smith is going to get fired immediately after the game.

Cleveland at Baltimore-This is just my weekly pick against the Browns. I think the Ravens will clinch a playoff spot with a win here.

Dallas at Washington-Can the Redskins get an upset for the 2nd week in a row? I hope so. Dallas has already sewn up the 3rd spot in the NFC.

Indianapolis at Tennessee-Indy really has coasted this season. Tennessee is firmly entrenched in the Battle for Mariota, so the Colts get an easy win here.

Jacksonville at Houston-Texans win this easily to be one of many 9-7 teams in the AFC.

San Diego at Kansas City-Arrowhead will be rocking for this one. Chiefs win and both teams end up at 9-7 and out of playoff contention.

NY Jets at Miami-Dolphins cruise to 9-7 in this swan song for Rex Ryan.

Chicago at Minnesota-Vikings win this rivalry game in a squeaker.

Buffalo at New England-Patriots have already clinched home-field. There's no incentive to win this game, so they won't. Bills go to 9-7 with a win.

Philadelphia at NY Giants-Eli and Beckham hook up a lot in this one to get Giants fans excited for next year.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay-Because the Bucs are in the Mariota sweepstakes, they have more to gain by losing than the Saints do by winning.

Detroit at Green Bay-I'm not really giving the Lions a chance here. They've had a good season even though their QB has multiple personalities. This one is at Lambeau where the Packers are undefeated this season and the Lions are still the Lions. Packers get a first-round bye with a win.

Oakland at Denver-Broncos cruise in this one to earn a much-needed bye week for Peyton.

Arizona at San Francisco-My 49ers end a miserable season with a one-point loss to a team with a 3rd-or-4th string QB.

St. Louis at Seattle-The Legion of Boom takes care of business against the Rams and show once again why they are favored to return to the Super Bowl this season. A win gives them home-field advantage and a first round bye.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh-Steelers take the AFC North with a convincing win here.

The NFC Playoff representatives will be 1) Seattle 2) Green Bay 3) Dallas 4) Carolina 5) Arizona and 6) Detroit.

The AFC Playoff representatives will be 1) New England 2) Denver 3) Pittsburgh 4) Indianapolis 5) Cincinnati and 6) Baltimore.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 AM

2,493 posts, read 2,198,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
It looks like neither. They called up rookie Connor Shaw from the practice squad since Hoyer is questionable. Maziel is already ruled out, and if Hoyer can't go, it'll be Shaw.

According to NFL.com the Browns tried to sign Rex Grossman to a one week contract for the final game
but he declined, saying he had dinner guests on Sunday. They have not called me yet but my excuse is I have to clean out my closet.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,897 times
Well it's good that the Chiefs aren't out of the playoffs yet. I'm hopeful they can beat SD and the Ravens can sneak in. I'd also hope the Bengals win this week as going into Cincy would be a much easier matchup in the playoffs than going into Pittsburgh.

Couldn't believe that horrible PI call against Thomas last night. Not saying Denver would have won, but they likely would have taken the lead with either a FG or a TD.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:46 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,095,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
According to NFL.com the Browns tried to sign Rex Grossman to a one week contract for the final game
but he declined, saying he had dinner guests on Sunday. They have not called me yet but my excuse is I have to clean out my closet.

I can't say I blame him. One week!!! LOL!!! Are the Browns trying to initiate the NFL's version of hiring temporary help for the holidays? We might as well see it through with Connor Shaw, or Hoyer for this last game. While I as a Browns fan consider this year progress, as it beats the usual 4-12, or 5-11 finishes that have been common since 2008, it seems they're still trying to shake off the last bit of dysfunction of the previous ownership. As a Browns fan, is it a disappointing ending? Sure. But, I'm hopeful that this year's progress can be built upon and they can take the next step in 2015. Of course, that will depend on clearing up this QB issue that seems to have been a problem since their return.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:50 AM

6,847 posts, read 7,908,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I would've flexed the NFC South championship to NBC Sunday night that is the ONLY win and your in, lose and go home game.
I'd have to agree here. This really is the first game of the playoffs. Kinda surprised me this wasn't the late game for Sunday.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:09 AM

6,847 posts, read 7,908,483 times
This is the hardest week to pick, since seven of the sixteen games have absolutely zero playoff implications. Well, here goes.

Carolina at Atlanta (In a sorry division, Atl still deserves to represent out of all four teams)
Cleveland at Baltimore (This could get incredibly ugly incredibly quick)
Dallas at Washington (A meaningless game other than to keep playoff momentum)
Indianapolis at Tennessee(A meaningless game other than to keep playoff momentum)
Jacksonville at Houston (Houston finishes proud and does their part)
San Diego at Kansas City (Could go either way, but I see SD squeaking by somehow)
NY Jets at Miami (The final nail in Rex's coffin....)
Chicago at Minnesota (A momentum booster to go out on a high note for next year)
Buffalo at New England (A meaningless game, yet somehow NE will still win just so they can laugh)
Philadelphia at NY Giants (Who cares, really?)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (I said I wasn't picking NO again this year and sticking with it)
Detroit at Green Bay (Detroit may try hard here, but the Pack do not want to fall to the 6th seed)
Oakland at Denver (The road may go through NE, but Denver won't give up a bye week to rest)
Arizona at San Francisco (Kudos to Arians for a stellar season. Take the 5th seed with pride!)
St. Louis at Seattle (No need for words here)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (I said I wasn't picking Pittsburgh again this year and sticking with it)

Last week: 8-8

Season: 153-86-1

Old 12-23-2014, 10:47 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'd have to agree here. This really is the first game of the playoffs. Kinda surprised me this wasn't the late game for Sunday.
It seemed likely it was not only going to be for the division but also determine whether Cincy or Baltimore gets into the playoffs. But then Cincy won last night. People would also whine about the horrible NFC South getting the SNF game, though I think that game could be just as good as the AFC North game on Sunday night.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:41 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,611,501 times
Browns @ Ravens
Cowboys
@ Redskins
Colts @ Titans
Saints @ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Giants
Bills @ Patriots
Jaguars @ Texans
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Vikings
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ 49ers
Lions @ Packers
Rams @ Seahawks
Panthers @ Falcons
Bengals@ Steelers

151-89 for the season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or