U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 02:55 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,082,325 times

Advertisements

7-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 03:07 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,067,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Buffalo at New England - If anyone picks Buffalo, they should stop following this sport. From last week...
I picked Buffalo and will stop following pro football at the advice of my doctor. I had a hunch the Bills would win since it was a meaningless game for the Pats. I didn't know they were going to rest their starters when I made my pick, but it made sense and I think it's a move that will pay off in the playoffs.

I did make some other boneheaded picks and have missed the Cowboys (who I can never pick), Eagles, and Jets so far.

I like how the Bucs jumped out to a big lead and then blew it. It was funny that they have been losing all year and then they almost won the game they needed to lose. I can only imagine Lovie Smith's halftime speech when they were up 20-7. He probably had to remind his team they had to lose this one so they could secure the number 1 pick. They did end up losing 23-20 and I gotta believe they were intentionally tanking for Mariota. That's my theory anyway. I didn't see the game so I have no proof to back that theory up.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-28-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 03:22 PM

6,849 posts, read 7,934,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
I like how the Bucs jumped out to a big league and then blew it. It was funny that they have been losing all year and then they almost won the game they needed to lose. I can only imagine Lovie Smith's halftime speech when they were up 20-7. He probably had to remind his team they had to lose this one so they could secure the number 1 pick. They did end up losing 23-20 and I gotta believe they were intentionally tanking for Mariota. That's my theory anyway. I didn't see the game so I have no proof to back that theory up.
This is why I despise Week 17 games that are pointless. Nevertheless, Mariotta should start researching property in the greater Tampa area.

Also, I was really hoping Buffalo would lose this last game. It would have been less painful as a Bills fan.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:26 PM

6,787 posts, read 10,223,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoran81 View Post
LETS GO GIANTS!! End the season on a high note and clobber the eagles.
Whoops, that didn't work.

So my beloved Eagles end at 10-6. Could've been worse. Most seasons 10-6 will get you into the playoffs, but not this year. That said, they blew their chances.

7-3 on the week. I could've swore I took KC. I must have taken them and then changed it. Oh well.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:27 PM

4,933 posts, read 4,009,003 times
I saw a few Tampa people cheering as Brees led the Saints back to a victory. THey were cheering the draft pick that the team can squander away.
Meanwhile, the WHO DATs Were there in force, very happy to get a win.
I was glad to see the bottomless soft drinks offered at the game. Buy a cup, free refills during the game.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM

Oh no! What's up with Rodgers!!! Yikes!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:36 PM

4,326 posts, read 2,288,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Carolina at Atlanta
Cleveland at Baltimore
Dallas at Washington
Indianapolis at Tennessee
Jacksonville at Houston
San Diego at Kansas City
NY Jets at Miami
Chicago at Minnesota
Buffalo at New England
Philadelphia at NY Giants
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Detroit at Green Bay *Upset Pick of course...lets make life difficult for the cheeseheads
Oakland at Denver
Arizona at San Francisco
St. Louis at Seattle
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
I am also taking Detroit to upset Green Bay. They might win in Lambeau if they can move the chains.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:36 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,067,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Oh no! What's up with Rodgers!!! Yikes!
I hope he's okay. I'm not a Packers fan, but I like watching Rodgers orchestrate the offense. The upcoming first-round bye couldn't have come at a better time. I'm pretty sure the Packers will win this even if Flynn has to go in.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:38 PM

11,744 posts, read 11,614,499 times
I knew it when they activated Tolzien. He had a calf injury and McCarthy said, you have to have 3 or 4 conversations with him to get to how he really is. You could tell when he was trying to move, when he tried to run. Lions player didn't do a thing, his leg gave out.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
I hope he's okay. I'm not a Packers fan, but I like watching Rodgers orchestrate the offense. The upcoming bye week couldn't have come at a better time. I'm pretty sure the Packers will win this even if Flynn has to go in.
I hope he is ok as well. Not really worried about this game, in regards to Flynn. But what about the playoffs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or