U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 10:35 PM

3,237 posts, read 1,604,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Dallas handled it rather easily.
Yes Dallas won that game but not easily, I wouldn't consider 30-23 easy...and remember Seattle was hit with injuries at that time. Also remember Seattle has only given up only two touchdowns in the pass six weeks.
What has Dallas done? 140 points in the last six games. That is 23.3 points against to Seattle's 6.4.

The fact is Dallas will most likely have to play Green Bay in Green Bay in the second round.....

But keep dreaming.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
As did the Chargers. And Chiefs. No team is beyond getting beaten. Seahawks fans would be wise to remember this come playoff time.
I bet Green Bay, Arizona, Carolina and Denver will remember it too. Note those four are playoff bound.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:44 AM

10,684 posts, read 11,093,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I bet Green Bay, Arizona, Carolina and Denver will remember it too. Note those four are playoff bound.
Your point? That the Seahawks beat playoff bound teams? Good for them. It means nothing to the Seahawks next game.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:48 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,280,804 times
Quote:
It didn't for me and the rest of Seahawk fans...it was a fabulous game. The only thing that could have been better was Seattle scoring 60 points and seeing a 38 year old Manning being humiliated to a point of having to retire in shame with only one Superbowl ring on his finger.

All the awards he has over 17 years and he has only won one Superbowl ring is not what I would call a great accomplishment.
And this is why people can't stand the Seahawks and their fans... The arrogance is piled on hiiiiiigh

Old 12-29-2014, 08:56 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,280,804 times
Quote:
If you don't want to see a one sided game, root for a team who puts a better product on the field. Its not Seattle fault that teams can't handle Seattle defense.
Awww... That's adorable... Look at the little birdie chirp, chirp, chirp and puff those feathers.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:39 AM

25,630 posts, read 30,443,351 times
Seachickens vs Donkeys.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 AM

28,498 posts, read 15,458,018 times
Most boring? Carolina vs. Cincinnati. Cam Newton vs. Andy Dalton. Ron Rivera vs. Marvin Lewis.

I think that advertisers would what a rebate on their rates.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
And this is why people can't stand the Seahawks and their fans... The arrogance is piled on hiiiiiigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Awww... That's adorable... Look at the little birdie chirp, chirp, chirp and puff those feathers.
Keep rooting for those loser while Seattle lifts the trophy and has another ring fitting. You call it arrogance, I call it pride.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:04 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,080,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Not sure why everyone loves to hate Manning. It's not his fault his receivers couldn't get open, his team's defense was no good, or the center couldn't snap the ball to him. Yeah I rooted against him in the SB vs. the Saints because the Colts knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs, but I don't think he's done anything to deserve such dislike other than win a bunch of MVPs and break some records.

To answer the question: Lions vs. Bengals.

That would be a boring Super Bowl, but for the love of GOD someone please knock of the damn Steelers! Perhaps your Ravens could pull the upset? I can't stomach seeing them in another Super Bowl!

As for Peyton Manning. Class act. I wouldn't mind a rematch of last year's Super Bowl. "Stoner Bowl II?"

Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM

10,684 posts, read 11,093,104 times
Quote:
Keep rooting for those loser while Seattle lifts the trophy and has another ring fitting. You call it arrogance, I call it pride.
Pride? Maybe. Arrogance? A little, probably. I'll propose a third and much more probable option: Inferiority.

The Super Bowl was a great game for Seahawks fans. A win, and a huge one at that, over a long-time hated franchise must have felt great. It was a great night to be a Seahawks fan. The Hawks played a great game, the Broncos showed up asleep at the wheel, and literally every break went the Hawks way. The result: the third most lopsided game in Super Bowl history.

It should have been as satisfying as it gets for a fan, wouldn't most agree? But apparently the Seahawks and their fans don't, and that was exhibited in the aftermath of the game. Never before has a Super Bowl champ berated its opponents to the shameful degree the Seahawks did all offseason. Many of their fans followed suite. This is not pride. Pride in this context denotes a sense of accomplishment. When you have a sense of accomplishment, you don't need to show such disrespect and contempt toward others.

It could have been arrogance to a certain degree. It takes some serious ego to play at the level the NFL requires. Then again, every year we have a Super Bowl champion, and most exhibit a profound amount of respect toward the teams they beat along the way to get there. The Seahawks broke that trend.

And why? I can only say insecurity and a sense of inferiority. I don't know why the players feel this way, but it's easy to see why the fans feel this way. The Super Bowl win helped the Seahawks become a 2nd tier NFL team. That's better than before, but it still does not make this otherwise insignificant franchise one of the storied powerhouses of the NFL. Even the team they beat in the Super Bowl remains a far more accomplished and storied franchise than the Seahawks. Their rivals to the south, the 49ers, have a far deeper and rich history. Even the Rams can lay claim to a higher place in NFL folklore than the Seahawks.

I think Seahawks fans know this and it bothers them. You'll never get the likes of rantiquity to admit it, but I suspect there is something to it. The noise from the Seahawks fans won't last forever, though. They may have a few more seasons of contending, but no team remains on top forever in the NFL. Seahawks fans will quiet down (just like they did this season when the Seahawks were 6-4) once their team fades from the contender's spotlight.

That's a big difference between them and real NFL fans. And it speaks loudly to the insecurity and inferiority complex many of them carry as a fanbase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or