U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 05:21 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times

Advertisements

The offensive coordinator of the Giants and defensive coordinator should be fired too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 05:26 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,519,073 times
The O Coord should stay. The Giants offense is on the right track. The D Coord (Perry Fewell)? Well, if they get rid of him, I have no arguments.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:02 PM

6,555 posts, read 4,512,641 times
Sean Payton for a surprise casualty?? I don't think it happens, but I had no idea Lovie Smith would have gotten fired from the Bears after the 2012 season, but he did...

Old 12-28-2014, 06:22 PM

19,991 posts, read 19,028,653 times
Default New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I forgot about Rob Ryan, I bet Sean Payton wants to fire him right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Sean Payton for a surprise casualty?? I don't think it happens, but I had no idea Lovie Smith would have gotten fired from the Bears after the 2012 season, but he did...
I would be highly surprised if the Saints relieved Sean Payton has their head coach. I think Payton returns next season.

Rob Ryan has had short tenures as defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns (2009-2010) and Dallas Cowboys (2011-2012). Ryan was also the defensive coordinator for the Oakland Raiders from 2004 to 2008 under three coaches: Norv Turner (2004-2005), Art Shell (2006) and Lane Kiffin (2007-2008).

Old 12-28-2014, 06:50 PM

13,945 posts, read 19,196,130 times
Well Harbaugh is already gone.

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers mutually part ways - NFL.com

No real surprise there.

- I wouldn't fire Trestman if I was Chicago's GM. He is a good coach saddled with a terrible quarterback. Send Jay Cutler packing (costs be damned) and let him try to build up Jimmy Clausen.

- I'm torn on Mike Smith and Dimitroff. They turned around a terrible Falcons franchise and appear to be pretty good at their jobs, but the 2013 and 2014 seasons were pretty bad. I'd give them one more year to turn things around with the stipulation that a running back and pass rushers be given the highest priority in the offseason.

- Coughlin should stay. He's a very good coach and the offense was going through a complete scheme change.

- Rex Ryan and the GM both need to go. The GM is just horrible on personnel matters and for all Ryan's talent as a defensive coach, he has shown a complete disregard for his offenses.

- I'm not a huge Tony Sparano fan, but Oakland is not going to be a place that the top coaching candidates are going to give much thought. If they can't land Harbaugh (and it seems fairly certain he's going to Michigan) Sparano may be the easiest path to respectability again.

- No way Jeff Fisher gets the axe. That team is very much on the right track and is a quarterback away from being a serious contender.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:04 PM

19,991 posts, read 19,028,653 times
Jim Harbaugh: He is going somewhere he can win quickly. I think he returns to the college ranks to turn around the Michigan Wolverines.

Altanta Falcons: Mike Smith and Thomas Dimitroff had the chance to turn things around this year. It is time for the Falcons to move on.

New York Jets: Rex Ryan and John Idzik are gone. Rex Ryan should be coaching in the NFL in 2015. He would like to win quickly, so I think he will go to a contender. Could he succeed Harbaugh for the 49ers?

Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 PM

23,661 posts, read 33,517,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Well Harbaugh is already gone.

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers mutually part ways - NFL.com

No real surprise there.

- I wouldn't fire Trestman if I was Chicago's GM. He is a good coach saddled with a terrible quarterback. Send Jay Cutler packing (costs be damned) and let him try to build up Jimmy Clausen.

- I'm torn on Mike Smith and Dimitroff. They turned around a terrible Falcons franchise and appear to be pretty good at their jobs, but the 2013 and 2014 seasons were pretty bad. I'd give them one more year to turn things around with the stipulation that a running back and pass rushers be given the highest priority in the offseason.

- Coughlin should stay. He's a very good coach and the offense was going through a complete scheme change.

- Rex Ryan and the GM both need to go. The GM is just horrible on personnel matters and for all Ryan's talent as a defensive coach, he has shown a complete disregard for his offenses.

- I'm not a huge Tony Sparano fan, but Oakland is not going to be a place that the top coaching candidates are going to give much thought. If they can't land Harbaugh (and it seems fairly certain he's going to Michigan) Sparano may be the easiest path to respectability again.

- No way Jeff Fisher gets the axe. That team is very much on the right track and is a quarterback away from being a serious contender.
- I think GM, coach Trestman, and Cutler are all gonna be gone.

- I think Mike Smith is done and deservedly so in Atlanta. He brought this team out the Mike Vick disaster but I think he has long hit his ceiling. The GM I don't think is gonna be gone.

- Coughlin, I don't know if I keep him. The D coordinator should be long gone.

- Sparano does not deserve the permanent coach title. I would look for Oakland to go after Rex Ryan once the Jets cut him loose.

- Rex Ryan and the Jets GM should be the first to go on Monday.

- Jeff Fisher should definitely get another year. STL is much better than their record and trending up.

- Sean Payton should not be in danger but I think he should and will be next year.

- I think Jay Gruden is in a RGIII or me situation here in DC. I think that ends in Jay's firing. For God's sake I hope Jim Haslett goes right out with him. It is mind-boggling how he has had a job for this long.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:18 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times
I don't think Harbaugh should be included in this thread because the feeling is mutual and he has another job

Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,199,903 times
Belichick gets fired for losing to the Bills, but is quickly hired as the Bucs special teams coach.

Josh McDanials throws a tantrum so Kraft hires him as HC.

Josh releases Tom Brady and brings in his good buddy Jay Cutler.

It certainly could be an interesting off season.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:41 AM

893 posts, read 1,098,959 times
I have a feeling that the Titans coach will be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or