U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2014, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,666,769 times
Reputation: 3695

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I can find a so called "expert" or outlier to back up anything. I've been in the Carolina region for a very long time, and anyone at the time who thought Claussen was a 1st round pick or had talent at ND needed their head examined....many many people always questioned that pick by the former Panther brass....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2014, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Reputation: 1655
Even if Clausen was thought as a first round talent at one time, there should be no doubt now that he isnt a great QB and he never will be. He was horrible in Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Reputation: 1655
OK, I said that there is always a surprise firing...so I guess I was partially right...did anyone think Marrone was leaving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,839,669 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
OK, I said that there is always a surprise firing...so I guess I was partially right...did anyone think Marrone was leaving?
No, I didn't. It seemed odd to me because he had decided to stay at first. I get a feeling another team is trying to lure him away which I don't understand why since he's not that proven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
No, I didn't. It seemed odd to me because he had decided to stay at first. I get a feeling another team is trying to lure him away which I don't understand why since he's not that proven.
The Jets seem to want him; but I agree with you. Maybe has the potential, but is going from the Bills to the Jets an upgrade? Not to mention, either way, you are still getting your butt handed to you by the Pats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,839,669 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Jets seem to want him; but I agree with you. Maybe has the potential, but is going from the Bills to the Jets an upgrade? Not to mention, either way, you are still getting your butt handed to you by the Pats.
Exactly my thoughts as well.... Unless it's money related!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 02:45 PM
 
4,571 posts, read 7,053,444 times
Reputation: 4212
I'm thinking he thought that since there are so many openings right now, that he would be considered for some of them (since Buffalo had a good year), and he may be right. He probably wants to coach in a bigger pond. But then, he may end up with no job. Could go either way. I don't see him particularly being in the good ol' boy network where some of these coaches just get circulated around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 08:01 PM
 
4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Jets seem to want him; but I agree with you. Maybe has the potential, but is going from the Bills to the Jets an upgrade? Not to mention, either way, you are still getting your butt handed to you by the Pats.
And the Bills too. The Jets currently as constructed do not match up well against the Bills. Heck, the Jets played the Pats close in both games this year. But they were blown out against the Bills in both games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 08:03 PM
 
4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I'm thinking he thought that since there are so many openings right now, that he would be considered for some of them (since Buffalo had a good year), and he may be right. He probably wants to coach in a bigger pond. But then, he may end up with no job. Could go either way. I don't see him particularly being in the good ol' boy network where some of these coaches just get circulated around.
I think he was eventually going to get fired by the new ownership probably because of some disagreements in some new management changes, so he opted out instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2015, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,666,769 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think he was eventually going to get fired by the new ownership probably because of some disagreements in some new management changes, so he opted out instead.
There seems to be some truth to this article....I don't always agree w/the beat writers, however look at the timeline of some of the events here....tampering much? lol

Mehta: Are consultants pushing Doug Marrone on the Jets? - NY Daily News

Marrone is a local guy....wonder if he could handle the toughest media market in the NFL...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top