U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:39 AM

3,231 posts, read 1,600,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I agree. Full disclosure - I'm a Seahawks fan. Even though I think they're NFC favorites, I'll admit the Cowboys do worry me more than any other NFC rival. Their offense is probably one of the few that can have success against the Seahawks. The Cowboys offensive line is outstanding, and they have good offensive balance overall. Even against an outstanding secondary like the Seahawks, a WR like Bryant will eventually get open if Romo has enough time to find him. Murray is also a great RB, but I'll be curious to see how much he has left for the playoffs.

That said, the Cowboys D is average, and the Seahawks offense has improved significantly over that past month (esp the WRs). Their D is also almost entirely healthy. I'm not saying it will be easy, but the Seahawks do seem to have found momentum at the right time, and with home field I like our chances. Of course we won't know who's better for another few weeks.
Dallas will have to get by Detroit (Remember Dallas is 4-4 at home this year)
and if they win that it will Green Bay.....no easy task, especially playing in Green Bay.

Seattle gets the winner of the Arizona/Carolina game in Seattle.

So just who has the advantage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay2bay View Post
Don't let Carolina's record fool you. They've won 4 straight and are playing very good football right now. They're capable of beating anyone, anywhere, in the playoffs.
They beat up on weak teams. I agree that they're definitely playing their best football, but the teams they defeated were teams that any of the other playoff entrants would have most likely defeated as well. I think they're a favorite over Arizona more because of the fact that Arizona's offense is a punchless shadow of what they were with Palmer at QB. But Carolina has yet to prove they can beat anyone above .500, and that's not something to feel confident about.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Exactly... I love how everything is just so automatic with Seattle fans. They can get knocked out in the divisional round.

Dallas held Wilson to 126 passing yards and Lynch to 61 rushing yards earlier this year... While Romo and Murray basically doubled Seattle's offensive output.

There's a few teams in the playoffs that match up with them well.
I'm a Cowboys fan, but there's no question that Seattle's the favorite in a rematch. That was a meaningless game in the first half of the season. Seattle's become better offensively, and their defense is stifling again. They've lost a little speed in Harvin and Golden Tate, but they still have enough weapons to roll up 24-28 points on anyone, and they probably only need 20 to win.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
and if they win that it will Green Bay.....no easy task, especially playing in Green Bay.

Exactly, and for this reason, I don't see Seattle having to face Dallas to begin with. Regardless, if I were Seattle, I'd be much, much more worried about Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, and the pretty solid Packers defense as an opponent. Dallas is definitely an improved team, and with a more stout defense, might be in the Super Bowl conversation.

But the Packers are the one team that could give Seattle headaches. Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback who can scramble and throw on the run. And when Green Bay wants to give him a break, all they do is hand it off to that freakin beast in the backfield. It's that combination that's most likely to get Richard Sherman to play a little more off the receiver. That's why as good as New England and Denver are, I don't give either of them a chance against Seattle. Brady and Manning are sitting ducks, which is not the kind of offense you want to throw up against the Seahawks.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:05 PM

448 posts, read 421,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay2bay View Post
Don't let Carolina's record fool you. They've won 4 straight and are playing very good football right now. They're capable of beating anyone, anywhere, in the playoffs.
Oh yea by beating the Saints, Brown, Buccaneers and Falcons (all teams with LOSING RECORDS) they are "capable" of beating anyone, anywhere. That's funny.

Carolina may beat Arizona due to the quarterback issues Arizona has (which is a big hole). But make no mistake about it, Carolina poses no threat to teams like Seattle, Green Bay, Dallas. None. Forget about them winning that farce division we call the NFC South.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:32 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
If the Cowboys get past Green Bay, everything after that is HOUSE MONEY and they will be playing with no pressure at all. Mainly because they would have exceeded everyone's expectations

Old 12-31-2014, 05:44 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,081,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If the Cowboys get past Green Bay, everything after that is HOUSE MONEY and they will be playing with no pressure at all. Mainly because they would have exceeded everyone's expectations
Considering the pre-season dialogue surrounding the Cowboys, I'd say they already have exceeded everyone's expectations! I recall seeing predictions as low as 3-13 and most hovered around 6-10. One brave soul had them at 8-8 again.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:58 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Considering the pre-season dialogue surrounding the Cowboys, I'd say they already have exceeded everyone's expectations! I recall seeing predictions as low as 3-13 and most hovered around 6-10. One brave soul had them at 8-8 again.
True but now that Romo is back in the playoffs he has to win atleast 1. Remember he is 1-3 his last 4 playoff games. If he wins 2 there is absolutely nothing anything someone can say to criticize him since he would have a .500 record in the postseason

Old 12-31-2014, 06:01 PM

18,635 posts, read 27,047,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I'm a Cowboys fan, but there's no question that Seattle's the favorite in a rematch. That was a meaningless game in the first half of the season. Seattle's become better offensively, and their defense is stifling again. They've lost a little speed in Harvin and Golden Tate, but they still have enough weapons to roll up 24-28 points on anyone, and they probably only need 20 to win.
Hardly meaningless. That game went a long way for Dallas winning their division. It also gave Dallas confidence that they can play their style of football and compete with the best the league has to offer. That said, Dallas may be one year away defensively from being massive contenders. Need a pass rush and a corner. They are drafting correctly too but I don't know if they have the horses yet.

But the defense is starting to pressure the QB a bit more as of late. Teams are not running at will against the Dallas defense as they gave up 53 yards per game in December. So the defense, while still average, has actually stepped it up themselves this past month. Something that Romo never had the pleasure of having so far in his career other than 2009.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:29 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,006,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

Yeah, I misunderstood how the structure of the playoffs. I like our chances (Seahawks) even more. In order to make the SB, the Cowboys will probably have to win in both Green Bay and Seattle - that does seem like kind of a long-shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or