U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 04:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 394,731 times

Advertisements

I will be in the North East with my family in the early part of next season. Me and one of my sons are Steelers fans, while the other son is an Eagles fan. We plan to go to two games while over there in consecutive weeks. We will definitely be going to Steelers and hopefully Eagles if the schedule works out (got to line up with some baseball games too).

But if it doesn't, which other game day experience would be the best for me and my boys out of the Bills, Jets, Giants, Patriots or Redskins - as we will be in all those areas at some point.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,502,743 times
The schedule for 2015 doesn't come out until April. You can get a general census of who the 8 home opponents will be, but you don't know when they will be: i.e. the Eagles will obviously play the Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys at home. In 2015 the Eagles play the NFC South (looks like the Saints and Bucs will be in Philly) along with the AFC East (which looks like the Bills and Dolphins will be making the trip to Philly), and the final 2 opponents for the Eagles will be the second place team out of the NFC North (Detroit) and the 2nd place team out of the NFC West (Arizona). 1 of those 2 will be at home while the other will be on the road.

The Giants and Redskins will have the same OOC opponents as the Eagles except the Giants & Redskins get the 3rd & 4th place teams out of the north and West.

Over in the AFC: The Steelers get the AFC West (looks like Raiders and Broncos will be the home opponents) as well as the NFC West (where the Cardinals & Niners will be coming to Pittsburgh). Their other 2 opponents will be the first place team out of the AFC East (Patriots) and the first place team out of the AFC South (Colts). The Ravens (another area team) will have the same schedule, except they get the 3rd place team out of the East (Dolphins.....again for what seems like the 10th straight season the Ravens will be playing them!) and the AFC South (Jags)
The Jets get the AFC South (Jags & Titans at home) and NFC East (Redskins & Eagles at home, Giants as the "road" team in the meadowlands) along with the last place team in the AFC North (Browns) and the AFC West (Raiders). Bills & Patriots have the same schedule except the Bills get the Chiefs (2nd in AFC West) and Bengals (second in AFC North) while the Pats get the Steelers (first in AFC North) and Broncos (first in AFC West).

So, even though the opponents are set when the dates are and who's playing who isn't set yet so hard to commit to something that isn't set. If your in Pittsburgh when the Ravens are there, they get the Pats at home, or the Broncos, the Redskins at home vs. one of their east rivals (especially the Cowboys or Eagles), the Eagles vs. any of their 3 divisional rivals) or even make it up to the Meadowlands for one of the special Jets/Giants regular season games would be good games but the tickets for those probably sell out quickly.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:47 PM

Thanks 7express, appreciate your thoughts. I know I need to wait until April for the confirmed schedule, I'm really trying to get a view of the best game day/stadium experiences of those other teams we don't support.

Personal preferences I know, but are there any that i should definitely steer clear of for any reason? Boys will be 13 and 11.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:57 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,671 times
I would vote either Bills or Giants. No idea if Gillette Stadium could be fun, but I hate the Patriots. Driving through the NYC area is horrible, especially around gametime I'm sure. Bills could be fun. You could head down to Baltimore in your Steelers gear and enjoy a warm welcome.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I would vote either Bills or Giants. No idea if Gillette Stadium could be fun, but I hate the Patriots. Driving through the NYC area is horrible, especially around gametime I'm sure. Bills could be fun. You could head down to Baltimore in your Steelers gear and enjoy a warm welcome.
Ravens weren't on the list for a reason. Thanks for your ideas.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:42 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,671 times
Well I doubt Philadelphia fans would be real happy to see Pittsburgh fans in their stadium as well, FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or