U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
it gets call in 99.9% of the plays when the defender doesn't play the ball has his back on the ball and makes contact with his hands with the receiver while the ball is in the air.

one ref had a better view????? LMAO!!!...

just admit the refs blew the call and move on.....its insulting defending the pick up flag with some lame explanation.
It was NOT MY explanation, it was the refs explanation.. pay attention!!!

I will admit its called more often than not.. but not 99.9% of time, sorry that's just not true!

Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,056,269 times
I'm more baffled by how they handled the call, as opposed to the call (or non-call(s)) itself. Does anyone know where we can see un-iterrupted footage from the play, up to the 4th down snap so we can Zapruder the heck out of it?

Im interested to know
> The position of the refs/judges that made the call
> After the flag, but before the announcement long the refs deliberated, and who was absent/present
> After announcement, how long the refs deliberated, and who was absent/present
> Though not part of the film, at what point is a penalty officially enforced and put on record? Obviously its not at verbal announcement

Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 PM

23,631 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Exactly.. thanks for helping me prove my point. It rarely gets called..
Because players have better sense than to actually do it, but oh no, not Dez.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:13 PM

23,631 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Pettigrew also grabbed Hitchens facemask....should we argue that it should have been offensive PI?
Pettigrew was playing the ball, Hitchens was not.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:20 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Because players have better sense than to actually do it, but oh no, not Dez.
I think they call that, no harm, no foul!

Old 01-05-2015, 12:30 PM

136 posts, read 84,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Pettigrew was playing the ball, Hitchens was not.
so if you are playing the ball, its ok to grab the defenders facemask? lol, please tell me you are not saying that

Old 01-05-2015, 12:31 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,756,162 times
Quote:
It was NOT MY explanation, it was the refs explanation.. pay attention!!!

I will admit its called more often than not.. but not 99.9% of time, sorry that's just not true!

this call will get call 99 out of 100 in every NFL game. That is if the refs are not blind or looking somewhere else......the only time they will not call it is if the defender turns around and is playing the ball, the refs will allow some contact....but any time the defender gets beat and makes contact with the receiver with his back against the ball before the balls gets there, they will call PI 99 out 100....its a consistent and easy call to make.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:38 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
just admit the refs blew the call and move on.....its insulting defending the pick up flag with some lame explanation.
the refs blew a lot of calls that game, this one was no different. one ref "saw" something, the rest didnt agree. how many flags were picked up in that game? at least three that i can think of, why are the rest not being debated?

and how many other calls did they get wrong that were "obvious"? at least one that i know of, why are we not debating that call? and how many calls were missed? quite a few i can think of, again why are we not debating those calls?

my point is that one call does not a game make or break. the lions had plenty of time to overcome that call, but they didnt. the cowboys had plenty of time to overcome some of the bad calls against them, and they did.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:43 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,279,555 times
Quote:
Exactly.. thanks for helping me prove my point. It rarely gets called..
It would be nice to actually have a REALISTIC conversation about all of this.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:49 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,756,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the refs blew a lot of calls that game, this one was no different. one ref "saw" something, the rest didnt agree. how many flags were picked up in that game? at least three that i can think of, why are the rest not being debated?

and how many other calls did they get wrong that were "obvious"? at least one that i know of, why are we not debating that call? and how many calls were missed? quite a few i can think of, again why are we not debating those calls?

my point is that one call does not a game make or break. the lions had plenty of time to overcome that call, but they didnt. the cowboys had plenty of time to overcome some of the bad calls against them, and they did.

that was a very obvious call that killed momentum for the Lions in the 4th quarter and gave the momentum back to the Dallas. If it would have happened in the first half or 3rd quarter it wouldn't be a big deal but it was in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line.

Lions deserved to lose in my opinion,.....they came out flat in the second half and the coach was gutless by not going for it on 4 and 1 to keep momentum and try to seal the game in the drive in the 4th quarter. you have to take chances on the road in the playoffs especially to gain momentum and the coach was playing to defend a 3 point lead on the road, you can't win with that mentality............plus the play calling on defense were questionable on that dallas 4th and 6th and the last TD.. ...they should have brought pressure on Romo instead of just rushing 4 on those key plays that kept Dallas drive alive....Packers won't make that mistake next week.

but it would have made the game very interesting if the refs didn't pick up the obvious DPI call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or