U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:40 PM

8,623 posts, read 6,249,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Sour grapes? No. Keeping score? Sure. Post should have been a poll.

Mco - 17
Vegas_cabbie - 14

He wasn't grabbing the facemask. He was reaching for the football and the facemask got in the way.
The fact is he grabbed it. It's a penalty, draws a flag or nullifies the one they threw.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:18 PM

14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
If you were the ref, watching that play live, you didn't see any facemask.

But, the Cowboys won, so...

I'll admit that Romo played a good game keeping the passes low early against a good defense, stayed in striking range, and rallied late.

Can they win in Lambeau?

Old 01-06-2015, 01:28 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
Quote:

I'll admit that Romo played a good game keeping the passes low early against a good defense, stayed in striking range, and rallied late.

Can they win in Lambeau?
Yes, but the 'Boys will need to bring their A game.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:48 PM

1,477 posts, read 5,031,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Weak argument, at best...

Then go ahead and explain why Dez Bryant didn't get flagged for being on the field... An offensive player... 15 yards onto the field... In the ref's face... Without his helmet...

By the way, when you say "Detroit wouldn't have done anything with it anyways", take note that the PI call would have given them a 1st down AND put them into field goal range
Very simple....The rule for taking off your helmet is only for the players actively involved on the field at the time....Dez was not and like you said he came on the field from the side line.... so that penalty does not come into play.....The Cowboys could of been flagged for a side line violation which would of been a 5 yard penalty but that is a rarely called penalty in the NFL unless the side line has been warned several times before

Old 01-06-2015, 05:38 PM

32,452 posts, read 26,317,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Of all the teams that i would wish ill will on, the Lions are not one of them. I feel their pain, they pushed the Cowboys around for almost 3 qtrs but you have to score more than 3 points in the second half of a playoff game if you want to win.. you just have to! The Lions defense played more than well enough to win but the offense simply let them down. They score 2 TDs on their first 2 possessions of the game and then can only muster 2 FGs the rest of the game.. that's not gonna win many football games, especially a playoff game.
well said. in the end, dallas executed in the second half and detroit didnt, and it cost them the game.

Quote:

Can they win in Lambeau?
it will be an interesting game for sure. the packers are perfect at home, the cowboys are perfect on the road this season. and with rogers being a bit gimpy with a strained calf, and romo being a bit gimpy with the bad back, both are going to have to rely on the rest of the team to make things happen.

will dallas be able to keep rogers off the field? they are going to need a good game from murray to do just that.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:08 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Since the Cowboys thread was shut down, I'm only going to say this and only this...

If you want to talk about that call, then you damn well better acknowledge the calls on OUR end that were bogus, as well.

Outside of that, the Lions still blew a 14 point lead. They still shot themselves in the foot with penalties. So I really don't wanna hear it.
Of course you don't want to hear it, your team won.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:12 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
Very simple....The rule for taking off your helmet is only for the players actively involved on the field at the time....Dez was not and like you said he came on the field from the side line.... so that penalty does not come into play.....The Cowboys could of been flagged for a side line violation which would of been a 5 yard penalty but that is a rarely called penalty in the NFL unless the side line has been warned several times before
This is splitting hairs, if you dont penalize him for taking off the hat, you flag him for being on the field. Why was he on the field, i didnt realize he was a DB.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:30 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,176,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Of course you don't want to hear it, your team won.
My team didn't blow a 20-7 lead.

And let's be real, people. The only reason why everyone is STILL bitching about this is because the Cowboys are involved. I guarantee if it were anyone else, this story would have died 2 days ago and no one would even bother to look at any other questionable calls.

Hell, if Dallas LOST the game and it were the other way around, no one would make a big deal of the call. They would only focus on Dallas "choking again".

Old 01-07-2015, 03:31 PM

1,260 posts, read 623,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
I like how Dez Bryant was 20 yards onto the field arguing with the refs on the play... Without his helmet...

No flag for that of course.
Possibly payback for letting that cheap shot SOB Sue (sp) play, who should have been watching that game at home.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:51 PM

9,582 posts, read 4,594,524 times
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171012009.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or