U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:32 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,212,131 times

Advertisements

Since the Cowboys thread was shut down, I'm only going to say this and only this...

If you want to talk about that call, then you damn well better acknowledge the calls on OUR end that were bogus, as well.

Outside of that, the Lions still blew a 14 point lead. They still shot themselves in the foot with penalties. So I really don't wanna hear it.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:32 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,380,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Goodell and Jones......hmmmm
and this.

NFL Execs Pissed That Head Of Officiating Was Seen On Cowboys Party Bus

Old 01-04-2015, 06:36 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,690,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Since the Cowboys thread was shut down, I'm only going to say this and only this...

If you want to talk about that call, then you damn well better acknowledge the calls on OUR end that were bogus, as well.

Outside of that, the Lions still blew a 14 point lead. They still shot themselves in the foot with penalties. So I really don't wanna hear it.
Unfortunately, everyone gets caught up on ONE call, when the real reason Detroit lost was their awful play in the 2nd half. That one call doesn't excuse the fact that Detroits play was awful, nor does it excuse the fact that they were the beneficiaries of some questionable calls in the 1st half.

Also, the people who scream the loudest hate or dislike Dallas/Jerry Jones which throws more gasoline on the fire....

Its good conversation, but wasn't hard to predict this would happen...lol

Old 01-04-2015, 06:41 PM

58,203 posts, read 41,084,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

There is quite a difference between missing a call and making the proper one and then negating it, eh?

Old 01-04-2015, 06:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,472,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I don't believe in conspiracies in the NFL, and palms being greased for ratings or future game setups for revenue.

BUT, that was THE most suspect call to believe in a conspiracy that I have ever seen. The one, I mean ONE critical thing a defender needs to do to attempt to avoid interference is turn his head around and look at the ball. He did not. And that was not incidental contact, as they were hand battling quite a bit.

Goodell and Jones......hmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Heh... I thought that was Chris Christie

Old 01-04-2015, 06:47 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,472,891 times
NFL dot com has a replay of the play up. There was air between the receiver and defender. The ball hit the defender squarely in the back. Det's lucky he hadn't turned around, it would have been an interception.

I guess at this point the only thing Dallas can do is say, 'So, Suh me.'

Old 01-04-2015, 06:48 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,404,725 times
https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.ne...f691f3394845d8

Give them the 1st down but all of a sudden picked the flag back up and give them a 4th and 1 for what now...?

"No conspiracy or controversy here" I'm sure the NFL will say

As a Skins fan, I'm deeply sorry for your loss today Detroit.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:53 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,212,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There is quite a difference between missing a call and making the proper one and then negating it, eh?
They apparently saw something that didn't seem to be a pass interference, but if we're going there again, what about the offensive facemask that WASN'T called on that very same play?

There's plenty wrong with the officiating in that game, most of it on OUR end. You can't be picky about that.

The ONLY reason why people are even talking about it is because the Lions lost. But hey, don't blame the team shooting themselves in the foot or choking down the stretch like they always do against better teams in the playoffs.
Ignore the Lions failing to stop the Cowboys on TWO critical 4th downs. Ignore the shanked punt.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:53 PM

5,647 posts, read 4,235,168 times
It didn't look like PI to me and the refs discussed it and picked up the flag which happens a lot. I have seen worse not called so I don't get the beef any fans might have. The Lions had plenty of chances and failed to capitalize so you can't really put all the fault on this one play.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:54 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,445,075 times
The way I saw it, they were hand battling, the Lions TE batted at the Cowboy LB's facemask, the LB had one hand on the TE's shoulder. I think it was a good no call but the officials blew it in the way they handled it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or