U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:17 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,674,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Awful call. And after watching/listening to Joe Buck/Troy Aikman swoon over Dallas for the entire game, I'm throroughly sick of the Cowboys. The add the blustering Christie to the equation, and, well, EVERYONE will be cheering for the Packers next week..
They did not 'swoon' over Dallas for the entire game. What you have a case of is 'selective hearing'.

You did hear Aikman say repeatedly that the Detroit defense was playing the best its played all season, and gave props to their Def. Coordinator, correct? How about the offensive game plan in the 1st half by Caldwell and company? I was sick of hearing Aikman talk about it so much, but he did.

Jeez, you guys are too much...try to be somewhat objective here....

Old 01-04-2015, 08:22 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
Awful call. And after watching/listening to Joe Buck/Troy Aikman swoon over Dallas for the entire game, I'm throroughly sick of the Cowboys. The add the blustering Christie to the equation, and, well, EVERYONE will be cheering for the Packers next week..
The biased ear hears only what it wants to hear..

not everyone will be cheering for the Packers next week...

Old 01-04-2015, 08:25 PM

7,598 posts, read 9,453,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
They did not 'swoon' over Dallas for the entire game. What you have a case of is 'selective hearing'.

You did hear Aikman say repeatedly that the Detroit defense was playing the best its played all season, and gave props to their Def. Coordinator, correct? How about the offensive game plan in the 1st half by Caldwell and company? I was sick of hearing Aikman talk about it so much, but he did.

Jeez, you guys are too much...try to be somewhat objective here....
My hearing is just fine--unlike their usual commentary, today they performed the role of the Cowboys' starry-eyed brides-to-be, or Jerry's PR flaks. All game long--"no one expected the Cowboys to be any good", etc, AD NAUSEUM, complete with resigned looks from Romo, Jones, Garrett, etc. Oh, the poor, poor Cowboys--how did they find the strength to carry on?? It was just sickening after a while..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
My hearing is just fine--unlike their usual commentary, today they performed the role of the Cowboys' starry-eyed brides-to-be, or Jerry's PR flaks. All game long--"no one expected the Cowboys to be any good", etc, AD NAUSEUM, complete with resigned looks from Romo, Jones, Garrett, etc. Oh, the poor, poor Cowboys--how did they find the strength to carry on?? It was just sickening after a while..
If it was that bad, why did you continue to watch or listen?

Personally, i mute the audio when i am watching a game because most announcers annoy me.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:37 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times
strange call considering how pass happy the NFL is today and that defenders can't do anything anymore.

I've seen that play so many times for years now and it's always said that b/c the defender doesn't turn his head it's Pass Interference. Simple.

always willing to give the offense the benefit of the doubt. Unless it's Dallas I guess.

no one play decides a game but considering the time and momentum, that was a huge call that did impact things tremendously.

and then a Dallass player from the sidelines on the field w/o his helmet to protest call -- automatic Penalty.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I gave you examples THE OTHER WAY of how they praised the Lions, multiple times throughout the game, but you did not care to acknowledge that. Thus, "selective hearing".

Old 01-04-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
strange call considering how pass happy the NFL is today and that defenders can't do anything anymore.

I've seen that play so many times for years now and it's always said that b/c the defender doesn't turn his head it's Pass Interference. Simple.

always willing to give the offense the benefit of the doubt. Unless it's Dallas I guess.

no one play decides a game but considering the time and momentum, that was a huge call that did impact things tremendously.

and then a Dallass player from the sidelines on the field w/o his helmet to protest call -- automatic Penalty.
I wonder if the people who have the same thirst over this controversial call have the same unhappiness for the league reinstating Suh.....my guess is no judging by the lack of comments...lol

We can argue till the cows come home. The point is there will always be 'bad' calls throughout the game. Every one of our teams have been through them. Good teams find a way to battle through like being up 20-7 midway through the 3rd quarter....the Lions couldn't do it.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:50 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
Good comeback by Romo and Cowboys. The Lions were mentally small after halftime and got throttled. I went back and watched that play and I think they realized there was space between them and considered it incidental contact.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:51 PM

7,598 posts, read 9,453,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I gave you examples THE OTHER WAY of how they praised the Lions, multiple times throughout the game, but you did not care to acknowledge that. Thus, "selective hearing".
Au contraire--I can acknowledge that they did praise the Lions. However,, they did this so INFREQUENTLY that one might think that the Cowboys were the only team on the field.

I have never had a problem with Buck/Aikman calling any game...until tonight. Simply way over-the-top..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
Quote:
Au contraire--I can acknowledge that they did praise the Lions. However,, they did this so INFREQUENTLY that one might think that the Cowboys were the only team on the field.

I have never had a problem with Buck/Aikman calling any game...until tonight. Simply way over-the-top..
I always look for that with Aikman and Cowboys games, but honestly didnt see anything tonight. They called things out and agreed with penalties that were against the cowboys. No issue with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or