U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,690,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I always look for that with Aikman and Cowboys games, but honestly didnt see anything tonight. They called things out and agreed with penalties that were against the cowboys. No issue with that.
I agree.

I liked the video of them going back old school and showing Detroit throttling Dallas back in '92. Aikman was classy about it and talked about how Eric Kramer was the starting QB, and then the game the following week vs the eventual SB Champion Redskins...Wayne Fontes getting dumped w/the gatorade...

But, I guess they probably were 'biased' somehow talking about that also...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:07 PM

2,373 posts, read 3,064,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I wonder if the people who have the same thirst over this controversial call have the same unhappiness for the league reinstating Suh.....my guess is no judging by the lack of comments...lol

We can argue till the cows come home. The point is there will always be 'bad' calls throughout the game. Every one of our teams have been through them. Good teams find a way to battle through like being up 20-7 midway through the 3rd quarter....the Lions couldn't do it.
but to call it off, offer no explanation and allow a helmet-less player from the sidelines enter the field of play to argue the call????

Old 01-04-2015, 09:08 PM

3,982 posts, read 5,774,862 times
Quote:
There was a ton of air between the receiver and the defender. At worst they were hand jabbing back and forth.
Yeah, you might want to take another look at that...

Referee Pete Morelli explains overturned pass interference call during Dallas Cowboys-Detroit Lions wild-card game - ESPN Dallas

No play on the ball + multiple instances of contact + catchable pass = pass interference -- all day long. Well, except in Jerry's house...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
but to call it off, offer no explanation and allow a helmet-less player from the sidelines enter the field of play to argue the call????
The worst thing the refs did IMO was to not give an explanation. What can I say? I'm going to stand by it was a questionable call at best. You know as well as I do, there are players and coaches who argue or go over the line all game, but it is not called....unless you have a player/coach who is abusing a ref or touching him, they aren't going to make that call and you know it.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:13 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,283,756 times
I just don't understand how a penalty... Especially one in that huge of a situation... Can be reversed with no explanation whatsoever.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Yeah, you might want to take another look at that...

Referee Pete Morelli explains overturned pass interference call during Dallas Cowboys-Detroit Lions wild-card game - ESPN Dallas

No play on the ball + multiple instances of contact + catchable pass = pass interference -- all day long. Well, except in Jerry's house...
"multiple instances of contact" they (receiver/defender) were hand jabbing at best. There was no body contact at the end, and alot of air between the defender and the receiver.

So, nothing you said or in that link changes anything except the fact that the refs should've been much smoother about the explanation (LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING HERE ALL ALONG)

Lastly, we can whine about the call till the cows come home, but again, Detroit lost this and had control but lost it when up 20-7 mid in the 3rd quarter....its very easy to blame this because where it was played, and who it was against!

Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
But hey, don't blame the team shooting themselves in the foot or choking down the stretch like they always do against better teams in the playoffs.
LOL. Says the Cowboys fan. You do see the irony in that right? This was the "somebody has to get the monkey off their back" game.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:18 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,473,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k
Heh... I thought that was Chris Christie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
LOL I was surprised to see him too when the camera showed the booth Jones and his crew where sitting in. Looked online and he was in Texas attending Perry's gubernatorial inauguration. Weird that he was in Dallas celebrating the Dogboys' victory Him being from Jersey, I thought his football politics where either aligned with Philly or New York.
I saw a quick view of Christie in the Jones suite during the last game the Cowboys played in Dallas... a week or two ago. Maybe he's tired of cold weather in the northeast, looking for someone to take him in.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
I just don't understand how a penalty... Especially one in that huge of a situation... Can be reversed with no explanation whatsoever.
The refs ADMITTED they should've communicated/explained the reversal better. That's what pisses me off, not the actual call, becuase IMO it wasn't 100% definitive....call my opinion wrong or whatever, we all have opinions...but watching the replay multiple times on nfl dot com, that's how I feel.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,063 times
Quote:
.its very easy to blame this because where it was played, and who it was against!
I think it has more to do with the time in the game in which it happened. If this play happened in the first half hardly anyone would be talking about it.

Every replay I have seen shows enough contact in my opinion that it should have been called. I thought that Mike Pereira said it best that the defender was never playing the ball at any point and so it should have been a penalty.

In the end, with the way the game was going I would not have been surprised if Dallas still would have won even if the Lions did get the call there. Lions probably only would have gotten a field goal giving them just a six point lead. Dallas still wins if they can get a TD still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or