U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:48 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

34 seconds left and Phil Simms just said the Broncos should get in FG range to try a long FG

for what? to cut to 24-16 and still have no timeouts and Colts get the ball back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 05:51 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,558,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
New England over the Ravens.

Seattle is going to crush Carolina

My upset pick of the week Dallas(undefeated on the road) over Green Bay(undefeated at home).

Colts over Denver
Well at least I got three out of four right.

FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, so much for that "lock", lol.

I had Denver, too, but I also knew that on any given weekend, Manning might start to look old. This was the weekend that it finally happened. I don't think the offensive play-calling in the first half really helped him, but Manning has been throwing wounded ducks down field late in the season for the past three years in a row now. I think it's safe to say that his window of opportunity for winning another Super Bowl has been slammed shut. Time for Denver and the rest of the NFL to think about life after Peyton, and time for Peyton to think about life after football.
Let's say I am glad to be wrong because I didn't want them back in the SB. But it was nothing about the Colts that made me think they had a chance to win in Denver based on how they played on the road.

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Well, I'm 3 of 4, missed on the Broncos! Can Colts beat the Pats or the Packers beat the Seahawks???

Old 01-11-2015, 05:54 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,558,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I didn't think it would be that easy, but I am surprised. Peyton hasn't really looked like himself, and there have been over throws, plus drops, not a good game for them.

No one escapes father time, Not even Peyton. I think he's just washed up now, he really didn't have a good year down the stretch by Peyton Mannning standards.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No one escapes father time, Not even Peyton. I think he's just washed up now, he really didn't have a good year down the stretch by Peyton Mannning standards.
What do you mean? I didn't pay attention to the Broncos in December since I was so consumed with the Cowboys

Old 01-11-2015, 06:20 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,938,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Cowboys over the Packer
Bwahahahahaha! How about those Packers?

So, how you feeling about this brillant comment you made last weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Champions don't blame the refs (or give them credit either) when they lose. By the way, there were several controversial calls that didn't go Dallas' way either. The Cowboys had to suck it up and keep playing--and win.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM

6,450 posts, read 3,457,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Ravens at Patriots: This years Patriots team is much different then the team they've had in the past decade. We have a solid defense. Jones and Hightower and Collins are solid, and Revis and Browner can stymie Flacco's deep threat. And with Gronk going in healthy (crosses fingers) and Blount pounding the ball, I just think the Pats will take the AFC this year.

Colts at Broncos: As wishy-washy as the Colts have been, I'll go out on a limb and say the Colts will pull this one off. I really think Peyton is hurting, and Luck keeps on coming at you all game.

Cowboys at Packers: I don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to take down the Packers at Lambeau. Romo and Murray need to have a huge game to pull it off. Now if Rodgers is still hurt, that might make a difference, but for now I'll take the Packers.

Panthers at Seahawks: Panthers are playing good ball, but I can't see Seattle losing to them.
I swear this is the first time I've ever gotten every game right. I was wrong about the Pats running game.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, I'm 3 of 4, missed on the Broncos! Can Colts beat the Pats or the Packers beat the Seahawks???
I think they can beat the Pats, but the Seahawks are my pick to repeat. I don't think the Seahawks are bulletproof - the Panthers had more success than I thought they would moving the ball, but I still think that when they get it all together, Seattle's the best team in the league.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I like the Colts upsetting the Broncos. Probably a reach but I believe that Luck is the next ELITE QB and takes a big step in that direction this weekend.
I simply cannot go against Brady and the Patriots in Jan... regardless
I don't see Carolina scoring enough points to beat the Seahawks in Seattle. They will be lucky to score 17, probably closer to 10.
The Cowboys can beat the Packers but it will be a monumental task because there defense has been relying on turnovers the past month or so and the Packers simply do not turn the ball over at home.. If Rodgers injures his ankle again, all bets are off but otherwise, I think you have to take the Packers.
Wow.. I nailed it but to be honest wish I hadn't. I couldn't really remember who I picked but I do know that every team I was pulling for LOST!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football