U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:58 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times

Advertisements

I'm going with Ravens, Seattle, Green Bay, & Denver

I can't pick all 4 favorites...not in my DNA and history overwhelmingly shows that there will be an upset somewhere..

The question is which game will it happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 07:53 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times
CW says that again, someone will win on the road. The Ravens have the ability to do it, but so do the Cowboys.
I am starting to think that the game is rigged anyway, like the rasslin'. And it would benefit the league to have the Cowboys and Broncos fan base involved. Problem is, if the Cowboys are in the Super Bowl, I will not watch it. And that makes it less sun that my three least favorite teams in all of the NFL are on the following list of 8.

RAVENS vs. Patriots Big Joe Flacco and the Defense have shown the post-season poise that allows them to pick up wins on the road.
Colts vs. BRONCOS The League has too much into Peyton Manning to let the Broncs lose this one at home (just like in rasslin)
Cowboys vs. PACKERS The Cowboys needed a lot of help from the referee (just like in rasslin) and they will not have that in Green Bay against a team who is much better than the one they barely beat last time.
Panthers vs. SEAHAWKS Don;t tell me how Hot the Black Cats are now simply because they won at home against a team with a third string Quarterback that makes Bob Davis look like an all pro* as well as 3 of the last 4 wins coming against division opponents, and let us not forget that the division was a joke. The Seahawks, on the other hand, at home, rested, and ready to win are a dangerous team. And they have the game's Coolest Coach. And for the Panthers, this is a different type of Bird than last week, one that can end your season and send you home in tears.

* in 1971, Joe Namath of the Jets injured his knee in preseason and missed most of the season after having knee surgery. Al Woodall, the backup, was injured early in the season, leaving third stringer Bob Davis, a man with a 58 QB ranking, to lead the once proud jets to loss after loss. However, next to Ryan Lindley, he does not look all that bad.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:11 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks. Those are my predictions.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:27 AM

6,445 posts, read 3,453,370 times
Ravens at Patriots: This years Patriots team is much different then the team they've had in the past decade. We have a solid defense. Jones and Hightower and Collins are solid, and Revis and Browner can stymie Flacco's deep threat. And with Gronk going in healthy (crosses fingers) and Blount pounding the ball, I just think the Pats will take the AFC this year.

Colts at Broncos: As wishy-washy as the Colts have been, I'll go out on a limb and say the Colts will pull this one off. I really think Peyton is hurting, and Luck keeps on coming at you all game.

Cowboys at Packers: I don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to take down the Packers at Lambeau. Romo and Murray need to have a huge game to pull it off. Now if Rodgers is still hurt, that might make a difference, but for now I'll take the Packers.

Panthers at Seahawks: Panthers are playing good ball, but I can't see Seattle losing to them.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:21 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks. Those are my predictions. Picking against the Packers seems to work so as a Packer fan maybe that is a good strategy! I remember the Lions were finally going to win in Wisconsin bit!

Everyone keeps talking about Romo this year, how good he is, Murray the #1 back, etc., I know I'm a Packer fan but I just don't see it. Lacy ran better against that D line than Murray did, way better. The wild card here, is Aaron, mobility, what he can or can not do in the pocket, plus out of it. Hands down he is the better QB, numbers do lie sometimes!

Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM

136 posts, read 84,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm thinking Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks and I want to say Panthers but think Seahawks get the win.

Watching the Cowboys last night, knowing Lacy ran on the Lions D line, I'm thinking Lacy will get some yards. Watching Murray, he doesn't look as scary as portrayed at all. I think the Packers can win this game. Romo is still Romo, he made some dumb choices last night.
i have to ask....what "dumb" choices did Romo make? even the announcers were giving him credit that he wasnt making the stupid throw and was taking the sack instead....curious to know what you saw that qualifies as "dumb"?

as far as next week games

Patriots
Broncos
Seahawks
Cowboys

Old 01-05-2015, 11:52 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
i have to ask....what "dumb" choices did Romo make?
He took a couple sacks that he should've recognized the blitz and/or thrown the ball away.....

Old 01-05-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
He took a couple sacks that he should've recognized the blitz and/or thrown the ball away.....
isnt that the biggest knock on A Rodgers, that he holds the ball too long looking to make a play when he should throw it away?

Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Exactly, taking sacks 2 plays in a row, where you take your team out of FG range, is not smart. One, yes, two nope, not good and he wasn't recognizing the blitz very well last night.

Yep, he does it, too but I've never seen him do it 2 in a row, and take them out of FG range??? Rarely.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:00 PM

am curious to see if Packer fans think the GB defense is on par with a Detroit or Seattle defense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football