U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:52 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times

Advertisements

I don't think Packers past playoff records have anything to do with this game. Once playoffs start, slate is clean, throw records and stats out the window. All teams took different routes to get here, and does it matter, no.

What matters is how a team is playing at the moment, not what they did last year, or early in the season. Playoffs are all about now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:08 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I don't think Packers past playoff records have anything to do with this game. Once playoffs start, slate is clean, throw records and stats out the window. All teams took different routes to get here, and does it matter, no.

What matters is how a team is playing at the moment, not what they did last year, or early in the season. Playoffs are all about now!

True but it's still something that cannot be ignored since Aaron Rodgers was on the team in all 4 of those games. The point is the Packers have not made the superbowl when they hosted a playoff game only when they were on the road.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Home, away, it is about the make up of the teams any given year. I don't understand putting so much weight on can't win a playoff game at home, a QB can't win in Dec., or get to the playoffs! It seems dumb, as it is many players on the field plus the other team gets paid, too!

I'm happy the Packers have won the division 4 years in a row, been to the playoffs the last 6 years, and won a SB. They haven't won another SB, but I like a contending team. Some teams have very long or sporadic playoff droughts, I don't get that part.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:14 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times
Quote:
Home, away, it is about the make up of the teams any given year. I don't understand putting so much weight on can't win a playoff game at home, a QB can't win in Dec., or get to the playoffs! It seems dumb, as it is many players on the field plus the other team gets paid, too!

I'm happy the Packers have won the division 4 years in a row, been to the playoffs the last 6 years, and won a SB. They haven't won another SB, but I like a contending team. Some teams have very long or sporadic playoff droughts, I don't get that part.
Susan, I tend to agree with you however the one thing that does help is experience. ie when I look at the Ravens/Patriots matchup, Flacco/Harbaugh has won there before in a huge spot, so going in, I know they must have a ton of confidence...

I don't play in the NFL but I'd have to figure that would mean something....

Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
My predictions

Ravens going against a better offense on the road this week, Pats 27-20

Colts don't have the defense to stop the broncos in Denver and has not really played well against winning teams on the road this season, Broncos 34-14

Panthers benefited last week from going against a team with a nervous 3rd stringer QB and actually trailed after the 1st half 14-13 which tells me the seahawks shoul have no problem, Seahawks 38-10

Cowboys play their best when they are the underdog on the road which they have shown twice this season in Seattle and philly. Plus add to the fact that they have exceeded this season's expectations and playing with house money from this point on in the season. Also want to add that the Packers have not been that dominant at home in the last 4 playoff games in which they are 1-3. Cowboys 27-24
Yep, yep, yep & YEP!

Unless Rodgers totally destroys the Dallas D... the 'Boys are gonna ROUGH him up! (with apologies to Rodgers' State Farm commercial!)

Old 01-07-2015, 09:16 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Yep, yep, yep & YEP!

Unless Rodgers totally destroys the Dallas D... the 'Boys are gonna ROUGH him up! (with apologies to Rodgers' State Farm commercial!)

Going to be a close game because of the cold weather at Lambeau so I don't see either team getting blown out because it will be hard to score

Old 01-07-2015, 09:33 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post

Going to be a close game because of the cold weather at Lambeau so I don't see either team getting blown out because it will be hard to score
Yeah... sounds closer to the truth.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Packers have not been that dominant at home in the last 4 playoff games in which they are 1-3.

Found this at NFL.com: Romo's playoff record -- one win, three losses Is that not the same??? Oh, I get it, Pack can't win in the playoffs at Lambeau! We'll see! A great deal hinges on how well Aaron can play!

Old 01-07-2015, 11:26 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Packers have not been that dominant at home in the last 4 playoff games in which they are 1-3.

Found this at NFL.com: Romo's playoff record -- one win, three losses Is that not the same??? Oh, I get it, Pack can't win in the playoffs at Lambeau! We'll see! A great deal hinges on how well Aaron can play!

Romo has 2-3 playoff record.

Wins over eagles and Lions
losses to seattle, Minnesota, and Giants

So if he wins this weekend he will have a .500 playoff record at 3-3

Old 01-07-2015, 11:48 AM

Not to get picky, 1-3 was prior to 2014, which is what the Packers record you stated is. I was comparing the two on an equal basis. 2014 playoffs aren't over yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football