U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 10:55 AM

998 posts, read 748,864 times

Advertisements

Interesting FACTS according to ESPN Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN

"4. The Panthers are only the second team in NFL history to win its division with a losing record. The other was the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9. Both teams won their first playoff game and lost the second one."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 11:30 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,922,177 times
The Panthers have not played the second game yet. If they lose against the Seahawks, they join them as the second team to win its division with a losing record, win a wild card game, then lose a divisional game. If they defeat the Seahawks, they become the first team to advance to the conference championship game after winning their division with a losing record.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:24 AM

8,340 posts, read 14,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Panthers have not played the second game yet.
I think that was part of the joke.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:20 AM

1,578 posts, read 982,048 times
I guess this is the filler you get, when you have ESPN's 24 hour sports 'news' cycle. Useless fluff, meaningless stats,.. and now prophecy.

The only thing ESPN won't give sports fans.. NHL coverage.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:32 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I guess this is the filler you get, when you have ESPN's 24 hour sports 'news' cycle. Useless fluff, meaningless stats,.. and now prophecy.

The only thing ESPN won't give sports fans.. NHL coverage.
That surprises me. ESPN started out originally showing every other sport on earth including marbles, and they don't show NHL HOCKEY?

Old 01-06-2015, 01:40 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,655,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
That surprises me. ESPN started out originally showing every other sport on earth including marbles, and they don't show NHL HOCKEY?
They show the NHL. They don't air games as they don't have the rights to air games. But they show highlights on Sportscenter all the time. Barry Melrose is always on giving insight.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:48 PM

1,578 posts, read 982,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
They show the NHL. They don't air games as they don't have the rights to air games. But they show highlights on Sportscenter all the time. Barry Melrose is always on giving insight.
One guy (in Melrose), on a few minutes a day.. isn't what I personally consider 'coverage'. And it's not commeasurable with hockey's status as a big 4 sport (even if you consider it in distant 4th place). You're right that ESPN let the broadcast rights go.. but that reflected their calculated indifference to hockey. They show hours and hours of less prominent sports.. More power to 'em, but it's a deliberate downgrade on hockey at ESPN. Like my man Colt Cassidy stated in the thread, they go out and get broadcasting on everything but marbles (WNBA, crossfit games).. but not NHL. (peace)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or