U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do You Think We Will See A Patriots-Seahawks Superbowl?
Yes 10 31.25%
No 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2015, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,644 posts, read 14,408,600 times
Reputation: 14819

Advertisements

The Cowboys could never win twice in Seattle, once was incredible enough. The Packers are good, but they won't win in Seattle either.

I think New England goes to the Super Bowl and wins this year. Belichek wants to join Chuck Noll as the only coaches with 4 Super Bowl titles, and Brady knows he is running out of time to catch Montana and Bradshaw.

 
Old 01-08-2015, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,776 posts, read 2,380,457 times
Reputation: 2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora Tonks View Post
Seattle is alot better now then they were in week 1
So is Green Bay. That game was played way back on Sept 4th. A couple things have change since then.
 
Old 01-08-2015, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Texas and Arkansas
1,319 posts, read 1,220,469 times
Reputation: 1410
Super Bowl

Dallas 47
NE 38
 
Old 01-08-2015, 09:11 PM
 
11 posts, read 5,437 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Okay. I fail to see how this is relevant, but it's an opinion one can intelligently argue so I'll go along with it. Did you have a larger point to make with this, or does your argument stop here?
Your original post was that it was week 1 and somehow totally irrelevant. i disagree that it is totally irrelevant, due to the fact like GB, Seattle is a much different team when they play at home. They dismantled GB in week 1. If they should meet in the NFCCG, Seattles defense is even better now and one could argue GB's offense is worse, due to Rodgers leg
 
Old 01-08-2015, 09:16 PM
 
11 posts, read 5,437 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Cowboys could never win twice in Seattle, once was incredible enough. The Packers are good, but they won't win in Seattle either.

I think New England goes to the Super Bowl and wins this year. Belichek wants to join Chuck Noll as the only coaches with 4 Super Bowl titles, and Brady knows he is running out of time to catch Montana and Bradshaw.
But be honest, you were probably saying that there was no way Dallas could win in Seattle when they played them, so you were wrong about that. I am a Cowboy fan, but i am not going to guarantee they will beat GB and then Seattle, they are 2 good teams that will be favored over Dallas. I will say due to the way they play, they would have a better chance beating Seattle in Seattle then GB does. Dallas runs the ball better than GB.
 
Old 01-08-2015, 09:21 PM
 
11 posts, read 5,437 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
So is Green Bay. That game was played way back on Sept 4th. A couple things have change since then.
How is GB different that will help? One could argue their best player will be significantly limited due to an injury. Marshawn Lynch is healthy when he wasnt in week 1 and Seattle is totally healthy on defense where they had players banged up opening night....things indeed have changed, more in Seattles favor
 
Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,644 posts, read 14,408,600 times
Reputation: 14819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora Tonks View Post
But be honest, you were probably saying that there was no way Dallas could win in Seattle when they played them, so you were wrong about that. I am a Cowboy fan, but i am not going to guarantee they will beat GB and then Seattle, they are 2 good teams that will be favored over Dallas. I will say due to the way they play, they would have a better chance beating Seattle in Seattle then GB does. Dallas runs the ball better than GB.
I agree. I also look forward to seeing these two teams play in G.B., an 8-0 road team play an 8-0 home team for the first time in the playoffs since the famous Ice Bowl.

I'm also fairly certain the NFL wanted this game. Could be why they picked up the flag last week, but I digress. I think that Dallas can beat Green Bay, but largely because of Rodgers calf, and if he gets hurt, it's all over for G.B.
 
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM
 
11 posts, read 5,437 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I agree. I also look forward to seeing these two teams play in G.B., an 8-0 road team play an 8-0 home team for the first time in the playoffs since the famous Ice Bowl.

I'm also fairly certain the NFL wanted this game. Could be why they picked up the flag last week, but I digress. I think that Dallas can beat Green Bay, but largely because of Rodgers calf, and if he gets hurt, it's all over for G.B.
We could debate the "flag pick up" all day whether it was right or not, but can we please stop with the tin foil hat conspiracy theory. That it was done because the NFL wanted to see the Dallas-GB matchup....Talk like that is idiocy....I will give you one reason why it is totally foolish to buy into the "conspiracy theory"....If the NFL really wanted to fix the game for Dallas, why in the world would they have let Suh play? They would have kept him suspended and not heard the appeal and just influenced Cottrell to uphold the suspension....wouldnt that be a whole lot easier than to rope all the officials in with the instructions of "if there are any flags in the 4th Qtr against the Cowboys, we want you to announce the penalty, then pick the flag up"....as Cris Carter would say "C'mon Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"
 
Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,912,895 times
Reputation: 16190
Very possible...but me thinks the NFL wants the Cowboys to roll on...hate em, but they are great for ratings.
 
Old 01-09-2015, 04:50 AM
Status: "Fill the days." (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,717 posts, read 11,123,282 times
Reputation: 14153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora Tonks View Post
Your original post was that it was week 1 and somehow totally irrelevant. i disagree that it is totally irrelevant, due to the fact like GB, Seattle is a much different team when they play at home. They dismantled GB in week 1. If they should meet in the NFCCG, Seattles defense is even better now and one could argue GB's offense is worse, due to Rodgers leg
It is totally irrelevant. The NFL if full of examples where a team had beaten another in the regular season, only to be beaten by the same in the playoffs. Every game has its own dynamic. Every game is its own unique matchup, with distinctly independent possibilities for outcomes. So I maintain the week 1 game is irrelevant. It in no way, shape or form will have anything to do with the outcome of a potential playoff matchup. At best it provides a baseline for expectations, but a smart fan knows better than this for reasons I've already explained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top