U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:53 PM

613 posts, read 1,174,766 times

Advertisements

told ya so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 08:26 AM

3,339 posts, read 12,666,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I've been watching ESPN and don't get the same vibe "the boys have no shot". That being said I hope that Romo get's a delayed reaction of Montezumas revenge right around the time that he takes his first snap from center and soils himself on national T.V. Hopefully Terrell Owens will do something stupid early and get himself tossed and maybe Jessica Simpson will break it off with Romo just before game time (and announce that she will now be dating Eli Manning) but still show up to the game in a scanty outfit. All kidding aside, I'm a Giants fan and I'm looking for them to give a good accounting of themselves. I'll take the Giants and the 7 1/2 points.

I'll take the Giants and the 71/2 points!
Cha-Ching!!!! Thank you very much. I guess the third time was a charm. Anybody catch T.O. and the tears after the game. Priceless! Pass the popcorn please.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 AM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,217,526 times
WHAT..........
THE...........
HELL..........
HAPPENED ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 AM

884 posts, read 946,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
And I guess the cowboys wins over the giants twice were "sloppy"?

A win is a win. No team (even the Pats) wins all their games convincingly.

Now, I would agree w/you that focus is not Romo's strongpoint right now.

This all boils down to TO's health. If he can be effective w/the high ankle sprain, I really think the Giants are in trouble. If he can't be effective, then Dallas is just another mediocre team IMO.

History has shown he can be effective playing hurt. We shall see though.

TOLD YOU SO!!!! GIANTS HAD A GOOD DEFENSE!!! Congratulations Giants.....I knew the Cowboys would never make it with their sloppy playing lately!! Go GIANTS TO NFC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 11:37 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,525,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The Giants will not win. Eli has sloppy footwork when under pressure. The Cowboys bring extreme pressure with Ellis and D Ware...as well with corner and safety blitzes...

Look for Eli to have one fumble and two picks. Eli has no Jeremy Shockey to help him out (Shockey kept the Giants close with his career day against the Boys).

Word is the Owens looked good in practice yesterday and had only a slight limp...he ran his routes well and more importantly was able to cut well.

What happened to this prediction???? I am so happy to see Eli get his day of glory! He wasn't spectacular but he got the job done! T.O. and his tears after the game were hysterical! I'll be happy with either the Giants or Green Bay winning the NFC! Now all the Cowboys can go to Mexico!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,334,593 times
Woohoo, go Giants! I am so proud of them!!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I think the Giants have a very good chance of winning over the Cowboys...especially at looking how the Cowboys have been playing lately! Reality is the entire season the Cowboys have been winning games...but they won very sloppy...never just a clean cut win and they barely win at that. Not to mention that Jessica Simpson's comments could either push the team out or push them ahead since they used it as an excuse for Romo's performance previously....how weak! They are supposed to be more focused than that at a time like this...therefore Giants will win!!
A fellow Texan also rooted for the Giants?! What is this world coming to?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,217,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
A fellow Texan also rooted for the Giants?! What is this world coming to?
Don't be shocked. One of my uncles has lived in this state his whole life and he's a 49ers fan. Everyone else in my family is either a Cowboy fan or Houston Texans fan, but HE roots for one of our rival teams.
Never understood that one.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Don't be shocked. One of my uncles has lived in this state his whole life and he's a 49ers fan. Everyone else in my family is either a Cowboy fan or Houston Texans fan, but HE roots for one of our rival teams.
Never understood that one.
I'm not surprised - I know what you mean. Here are a couple examples.

A former coworker when I lived in S. NJ was born and raised in Philly (pretty much lived his whole life in that area). Most in his family are/were Eagles fans, yet he became a Cowboys fan. He likes all of the other Philly teams (Phillies, etc.).

A coworker here in TX was born and raised in N. TX. Yet he somehow became a Redskins fan. He likes all of the other Dallas teams (e.g. Mavs).

In any case, it's onto the NFC Championship. I hope Eli Manning wears a glove! He can't throw for jack in the cold. Jacobs and Bradshaw need to have the games of their lives. I'll be happy if Manning can do 12/20 @ 150 yards if the RBs can get 200 yards combined. That should be enough to win.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM

613 posts, read 1,174,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
In any case, it's onto the NFC Championship. I hope Eli Manning wears a glove! He can't throw for jack in the cold. Jacobs and Bradshaw need to have the games of their lives. I'll be happy if Manning can do 12/20 @ 150 yards if the RBs can get 200 yards combined. That should be enough to win.
i dont know man doubt that running game is going to work that good against the packer defense. i would say its one of the best if not the best defense talent wise. if they are on their game the giant offense isn't going anywhere. also the giant defense going to have to pull off some miraculous performance to stop the packer offense from putting up more efficiency then that. also the packers are completely healthy. good luck though. you guys got a lot of momentum, and eli is looking good. if the packers weren't in it id be routing for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or