U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,338,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
i dont know man doubt that running game is going to work that good against the packer defense. i would say its one of the best if not the best defense talent wise. if they are on their game the giant offense isn't going anywhere. also the giant defense going to have to pull off some miraculous performance to stop the packer offense from putting up more efficiency then that. also the packers are completely healthy. good luck though. you guys got a lot of momentum, and eli is looking good. if the packers weren't in it id be routing for them.
Thanks, I agree w/ much of what you said.

Favre is also on a hot streak (he has been all year, except for the Dallas game when he got hurt). I don't think Grant will come close to 200 yards again. The Giants "D" must absolutely pressure Favre. If they can do that, then I'm not concerned about the secondary. In the Dallas game, NY didn't put any pressure on Romo, which is why he was able to find various receivers on 3rd and long to get the 1st down. But in the 2nd half, they started harassing Romo and it didn't matter that the Giants were playing w/ a thin and banged up secondary.

On the flip side, I haven't followed GB's "D" much. I'm just hoping that Manning has that touch again and can dink-and-dunk his way to TDs. Also, Buress needs to contribute more - he barely showed up yesterday. Granted, he's playing on a torn ankle ligament! The young Dr. Seuss guys (Boss, Moss, and Ross) need to continue playing well.

For the love of God, Manning, please wear a d@mn glove!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,857,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I agree it'll be a good game but I disagree about Dallas winning. Dallas has not played very well for 3 or 4 games now, Romo has looked pretty average, their D is not playing well and they have some dude named Wade as their coach, and they have already beat the Giants twice this year so the Giants will be very motivated. The Giants are on a roll, I love the way they played the Patriots, I think they'll pull it out in the big D. Either way, as you said, it'll be a great game.

Well, I called it, the Cowboys looked way flat and I'm not sold on that coach, I can't believe Jerry Jones hired him, he's never won in the playoffs, he and his staff got way outcoached.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 AM

884 posts, read 947,265 times
Sometimes you have to go for the teams that you like not because of where you live, in this case, I'm a hard core Green Bay and Charger fan but live in Texas but never was a fan of the Cowboys. I used to even like the Raiders but they have gone so far downhill there's no turning back LOL. I'm looking forward to next weekends championships!! Go Green Bay and Chargers!!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,338,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Well, I called it, the Cowboys looked way flat and I'm not sold on that coach, I can't believe Jerry Jones hired him, he's never won in the playoffs, he and his staff got way outcoached.
It's funny how Parcells and Phillips are so opposite of each other. Jones should've hired someone who is in-between those 2 extremes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or