Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,613,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It was announced today, there are plans to build a new NFL stadium in St Louis.
Who cares what St. Louis announces, it is too little too late, and probably wont happen anyway. I am more interested in the announcment that Stan Kreonke made in developing an 80,00 seat stadium with his partners in Inglewood, Calif.

My gut feeling is the city of St. Louis will be lame duck fans for the 2015 season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 03:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,139,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The fact that nobody from the Rams organization was involved with the announcement tells me Stan Kroenke already has his mind made up to move the team back to L.A.
Yeah I think the Rams are as good as gone. More money to be made in LA. Plus who wants to live in st. louis?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:59 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,591,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Who cares what St. Louis announces, it is too little too late, and probably wont happen anyway. I am more interested in the announcment that Stan Kreonke made in developing an 80,00 seat stadium with his partners in Inglewood, Calif.

My gut feeling is the city of St. Louis will be lame duck fans for the 2015 season.
It's funny how the stadium development has a huge olympic style pool in the middle of the stadium. Yeah, real great use of water.

Not to mention all the luxury condo suites next to the stadium. Aside from NFL players, who the **** would want to live in a luxury condo in Inglewood? I just don't want my taxpayer dollars associated with it.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Maybe the Raiders would be interested.
Uh, no. The Raiders will be moving to San Antonio.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The Rams already have one leg out the door. It breaks down like this:

STL Release: no team, land not owned or under option, no developers who will acknowledge that a stadium can be built at that price. Who handles over-runs (say, 200M or so), who handles litigation or delays, remediation of unknown problems, lawsuits, etc. Completion hoped by 2020 but really difficult to say given number of open issues.

Funding: a dog's breakfast of sources, none committed, some subject to endless political discussion and/or litigation. PSL, naming rights and parking revenues go to city.

Other: will govt. pay damages if funds or stadium are not timely delivered as promised? Put money into escrow to secure financial and construction performance? Bond their performance through reputable insurance companies? (No.)

Result: 64k stadium with no roof.

LA Plan: team in hand (the Rams); land in hand (Inglewood); experienced developer in hand (Stockbridge Capital Group.); team and developer handle all risks as part of already established JV. Completion by 2018.

Funding: in hand. PSL, naming rights, parking, hotels, housing, restaurants, etc., are fully zoned and approved by city with 100 percent of risks and profits to developer (PSL and naming rights will be over 1B). Infrastructure already under construction.

Other: developer takes all responsibility for over-runs, unexpected obstacles, etc. Govt. in no way at risk and not involved except as with all construction.

Result: 80k stadium with roof, ready for Super Bowl, World Cup, Final Four and show place for visitors to LA; surrounded by pleasant walkways, ponds, private townhomes and NFL exhibits. Plus relocation fee to NFL.

Side note: I HIGHLY doubt the Raiders leave Cali.
What has lead you to believe that the Raiders won't leave California? That franchise has a super sweet deal sitting on the table with San Antonio including lots of public funding for a new Dome and frankly, continuing to play games at O.co doesn't seem very tenable anymore. To me a Raider move to Texas makes perfect logical and financial sense. And should also make perfect sense to Mark Davis. For the Raiders to continue to play in Oakland even for the upcoming 2015 season would seem like a flat out stupid business move if that's what ends up happening.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:59 AM

23,767 posts, read 29,021,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Uh, no. The Raiders will be moving to San Antonio.
OK but, I thought you said that the

Vikings
Jaguars
Rams
Chargers

were moving to San Antonio?

Old 01-19-2015, 01:02 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,613,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
OK but, I thought you said that the

Vikings
Jaguars
Rams
Chargers

were moving to San Antonio?
Lets be real, no one is moving to San Antonio and for sure not the Raiders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football