Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:47 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
When talking Wilson you definitely have to credit his ground game in my opinion. Also, the guy is still a very good passer. But his timely runs can just take the life out of an opponent.
I haven't watched Wilson much, but he seems to be a natural leader on the field, and the team is inspired by him.... if he runs and makes a first down, the team kicks it up a few notches

same thing happens with brady , although Wilson is a much better runner

these guys are so good, they have so much pressure to carry the team, they aren't allowed to have a bad day, but then again, this is all they do, and have done....not to mention, making almost a million dollars a game..
this is what makes me crazy when they drop the ball, some of these guys are making 20-50,000 a catch ,

im not a manning fan, but I respect the guy, he is going to be crucified
does he go out with what dignity he has left??
did I read he's going to make 19 million next yr???
for 19 million, why wouldn't he go one more year?? unless he is really hurt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I haven't watched Wilson much, but he seems to be a natural leader on the field, and the team is inspired by him.... if he runs and makes a first down, the team kicks it up a few notches

Being a Wisconsin fan I've seen him quite a bit, but he (Wilson) just has "it". That intangible thing that makes a winner. And he's always calm.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:49 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
Quote:
When talking Wilson you definitely have to credit his ground game in my opinion. Also, the guy is still a very good passer. But his timely runs can just take the life out of an opponent.
Luck and Rodgers are both deadly on the run as well... So it's not just Wilson.
Seattle's offense is extremely overrated because we all know what side of the ball wins games for that team.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:01 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Luck and Rodgers are both deadly on the run as well... So it's not just Wilson.
Seattle's offense is extremely overrated because we all know what side of the ball wins games for that team.
Not to the degree that Wilson is though. Wilson ran for over 800 yards this year while still being a perfectly capable and efficient passer.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:03 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Being a Wisconsin fan I've seen him quite a bit, but he (Wilson) just has "it". That intangible thing that makes a winner. And he's always calm.
Calm is a good word....those elite QB's always look calm no matter how bad the pocket is collapsing, or blocking assignments breakdown. I would throw Romo in there as someone who has gotten better at limiting his mistakes, however injuries seem to be taking a toll on him (like Peyton)...

Wilson is calm and he's got a real good touch on the ball too....those (I call them floaters) he threw in the Carolina game were exactly where they needed to be. Those big plays seperate him and others (ie Kaep/Cam) IMO...

Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Packers Defense is way better than people think... They ranked no. 13 in the league for points allowed.

And...

Seattle INTs: 13
Seattle Defensive TDs: 2

Green Bay INTs: 18
Green Bay Defensive TDs: 3
You also have to consider GB's offense scoring so many points it forces opponents to play one dimensional football.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Not to the degree that Wilson is though. Wilson ran for over 800 yards this year while still being a perfectly capable and efficient passer.
I think fans still underestimate how good Wilson is at the QB position.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:45 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
I'd take Rothelisburger over Wilson any day of the week.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:06 AM

671 posts, read 900,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
same thing happens with brady , although Wilson is a much better runner

Brady begs to differ with the "slowest 17 year run I've ever seen" (per Edelman.)

Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I'd take Rothelisburger over Wilson any day of the week.

I absolutely would not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football