Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:45 PM

16 posts, read 11,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
What does the amount of carries Lacy had have to do with the success he had running the football... I dont get it.

MASON CROSBY IS AN INEFFECTIVE FIELD GOAL KICKER WHEN HE ISN'T GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES TO KICK... lol.. Ummm yeah.

Anytime you average 5.3 yards a carry, you are having phenomenal success running the football.

I also like how nobody is mentioning the fact that our center had his first career start in Seattle in week one. Since then, he has proven himself to be ridiculously good at run blocking along with Sitton and Lang.

Rodgers certainly looked good this week when he went 10/10 on his last ten throws... With over 300 yards passing and 3 tds... But I guess that means nothing too.
Vegas, i agreed with most of what you said (the center part has me shaking my head, he is not "ridiculously good")....so i will ask you, why did McCarthy not use him in the 2nd half like he did in the first? Was he hurt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 01:08 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,251,636 times
I'm not good with guessing scores.

Patriots over the Colts. Although they've beaten the Colts soundly in the Luck era 3 times, this is the Championship so I expect it to be a much closer game. Plus the Patriots love to play close games in the playoffs - not good for the heart.

I'm almost at a draw with Green Bay at Seattle. Even though Rodgers played a gritty and great game while being hobbled, even with a decent Dallas defense Seattle's is much better. I expect them to be at Rodgers doorstep a lot more than Dallas was to take advantage of his injury. That, coupled with home field, I will give a slight edge to Seattle here.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,618,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Wand View Post
Vegas, i agreed with most of what you said (the center part has me shaking my head, he is not "ridiculously good")....so i will ask you, why did McCarthy not use him in the 2nd half like he did in the first? Was he hurt?
Lacy and Starks have been splitting carries and series all season long. This is definitely nothing new... On top of that, Lacy was battling asthma during the game... And still rushed at a 5.3 yd/carry clip.
Anytime you have a QB go over 300 yards and also have a running back rush for over 100, I'd say that's impressive.

Lacy, over the course of the regular season had his carries limited this year (split with Starks) to keep Lacy fresh for the postseason.
In the regular season, he still averaged 4.6 a carry (Lynch was 4.7 to give perspective).

There are lots of people who are completely unaware to the fact that Green Bay has a legit rushing attack.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Lacy and Starks have been splitting carries and series all season long. This is definitely nothing new... On top of that, Lacy was battling asthma during the game... And still rushed at a 5.3 yd/carry clip.
Anytime you have a QB go over 300 yards and also have a running back rush for over 100, I'd say that's impressive.

Lacy, over the course of the regular season had his carries limited this year (split with Starks) to keep Lacy fresh for the postseason.
In the regular season, he still averaged 4.6 a carry (Lynch was 4.7 to give perspective).

There are lots of people who are completely unaware to the fact that Green Bay has a legit rushing attack.
So you really think you are going to run the ball on Seattle? Week 1 you had something like 80 yards....is the new and improved center going to account for alot more? All that being said, Seattle does some pretty good things on offense, they put up 398 yards of offense against you....Dallas Ran the ball on GB and there was no threat of the QB running. Now you got Wilson who can burn you bigtime if u load the box. Rodgers will be hobbled and the Seahawk pass rush is nasty

Old 01-12-2015, 03:10 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,586,427 times
Quote:
Dallas Ran the ball on GB and there was no threat of the QB running. Now you got Wilson who can burn you bigtime if u load the box.
The Vegas Cabbie does not care about Wilson's rushing ability. It is over rated.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
The Vegas Cabbie does not care about Wilson's rushing ability. It is over rated.
i am the first to say i like pocket QB's over the hybrid of today....Wilson is smart and he is accurate, so he is the only one i can think of that makes planned runs, but will pick you apart with his arm (Cam Newton cannot hit a barn, he is horrible accuracy wise, same with Kaepernick)

Old 01-12-2015, 03:25 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,175,405 times
Patriots beat Indianapolis by double digits, but it's not a blowout. 31-20 Pats

Seattle gets in a dog fight early with GB, but pulls away by a few scores in the second half 34-13 Hawks

NE beats Seattle in a close one that comes right down to the wire in the Super bowl 27-24 Pats

Tom Brady shockingly announces his retirement and goes back to his Hotel room to bang his supermodel wife, as annalists talk about how he's the greatest QB to ever play the game.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:26 PM

14,302 posts, read 14,550,690 times
I've never liked the fact that Luck and Wilson get lumped in with other QBs. My thought, and strictly my own, is they are above Cam, Kaep or RGIII. I've always liked Luck and Wilson for their approach to the game, listening to them during interviews, smart and team guys.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:03 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,942,709 times
I have the road teams winning.

Colts will beat the Patriots.
Packers will beat Seahawks.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:34 PM

4,661 posts, read 3,830,527 times
Quote:
So you really think you are going to run the ball on Seattle?
I don't see why the Packers wouldn't. They rushed for 152 yards against the Lions who had the best run defense in the game. (Seahawks are ranked 3rd.)

Quote:
Rodgers will be hobbled and the Seahawk pass rush is nasty
Does Seattle really have that good of a pass rush?
Packers have twice as many sacks this postseason as the Seahawks. Looking at the season, the Seahawks were ranked 20th & Packers were ranked 9th.

Seahawks aren't invincible. This isn't the Packers of 2012 who lacked a good defense & a good rushing game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football