U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I thought 7 years ago Brady would be on the level of Joe Montana but it didn't happen but he was so close
I think Brady is on the same level of Montana. I honestly think, Brady has a chance to go down as the greatest QB of all time. We are starting to hear about how obsessed he is with taking care of his body and health. And for years he has always talked about playing into his 40's. If he can do it, and still play at a pretty high level at the age of 40, 41, 42?? he will go down as the greatest ever. If any QB could do it, it would be him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 03:28 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think Brady is on the same level of Montana. I honestly think, Brady has a chance to go down as the greatest QB of all time. We are starting to hear about how obsessed he is with taking care of his body and health. And for years he has always talked about playing into his 40's. If he can do it, and still play at a pretty high level at the age of 40, 41, 42?? he will go down as the greatest ever. If any QB could do it, it would be him.
He will defintely need 2 or 3 more rings since Joe Cool was undefeated in all his SB appearances

Old 01-17-2015, 03:39 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
He will defintely need 2 or 3 more rings since Joe Cool was undefeated in all his SB appearances
Super Bowls aside, Brady's overall resume is better than Joe Cool's. He'll likely go to his 6th Super Bowl this year. A record that might not ever be broken.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:04 PM

93 posts, read 127,524 times
The only way to beat the Pats is to have superior pass coverage; pass rush won't work against the Pats. As I have seen it for years, Brady could just stand there forever and not get touched (this is the reason why I think Brady is the most overrated QB in the league). Last week, the Ravens were absolutely horrible at pass coverage. On top of that, the Ravens just could not tackle anyone...

The Colts really surprised me last week. Not only did they shut down three good WRs; the Colts did not miss tackling anyone. I don't see the Pats score one touch down after another against the Colts like they did against the Ravens. I'm thinking the Pats will score no more than 20 pts

Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 PM

20,899 posts, read 39,162,901 times
I pick Seattle to beat Green Bay
I pick New England to beat Indianapolis

Home field advantage. Last week 3 of 4 games went to the home field team, only my Bronco's lost at home.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,311,939 times
I'll take Green Bay and the Patriots.

The worst super bowl would be Pats Seahawks, Carroll and Belicheck are both douches.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 PM

9,416 posts, read 17,382,101 times
I think it'll be Seattle and New England. (Blah)

I don't think I've missed watching a Super Bowl in the past 30 years, but I might find something better to do this year -- like clean the garage or the car.

I'm a Bronco fan. The season ended last Sunday.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:27 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'll take Green Bay and the Patriots.

The worst super bowl would be Pats Seahawks, Carroll and Belicheck are both douches.

Worst one for me would be the Colts vs Packers

Old 01-17-2015, 09:42 PM

21,532 posts, read 14,346,985 times
Seattle will win at home, and the Packers will not be able to beat them with a gimpy Rodgers. They won't get blown out, and lose by less than ten.

Indy won't keep it as close, however, losing by double digits.

New England will win the Super Bowl, and I think much of that will just come down to better coaching.

As much as I would love to see the Packers win tomorrow, I know that with Rodgers ailing and unable to scramble the Seattle defense will prove just too much.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:50 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
I'll take Pats 21-7.
Packers 28-20.

AFC teams really do nothing for me this year, really hate them both. Think I'll catch up on the DVR for Super Bowl Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football