U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:41 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,075,323 times

Advertisements

Will he drive this team to the playoffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 12:53 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,497,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
With this current team he has now no way.

Trade up with Tampa/Tennessee and draft one of the QBs and they got a shot in 2016 or 2017. If the Bills are willing to eat a chunk of Cutler's salary, they could be in discussion this year

The Watkins trade really killed them this year. They could've drafted Bridgewater last year, had him sit out, study the playbooks, and be ready for this upcoming year, and get a wideout in the draft this year. The QB market will be as barren as death valley, CA this year. Outside of the top 2, there's not much in the way of talent. Kaep won't leave SF just yet, Snyder loves RG3, so he's not leaving even though he needs a reset, Mallet/Keenum could definitely become available, but are those 2 QBs that can lead you the playoffs?? I doubt it. Alex Smith in KC is a possibility, but I think Cutler is the only QB that can help the Bills this upcoming year reach the playoffs.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,551,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
I'm skeptical, but anything's possible. I'd like to see Buffalo back in the mix, really shake things up a bit. At the minimum, it will be interesting watching him try. He's an interesting character.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:46 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,678,820 times
His defense will be good, but not sure if they'll score enough points. Will be interesting to see who they get to play QB.

Rex went to 2 AFC Championships with Mark Sanchez at the helm. That's all you need to know about if he can get all he can out of players...

Old 01-15-2015, 05:55 AM

5,364 posts, read 6,006,572 times
He missed the playoffs 4 years in a row including a disastrous 4-12 year and he gets a new job just like that? How does that work?

Old 01-15-2015, 06:02 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,704,896 times
Rex is a pretty good HC. Those Jets teams that made it to the AFC championship weren't very good, other than the secondary.

However, Buffalo must be cursing itself for signing Ryan just a couple of days before John Fox became available.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:36 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,888,153 times
He's obsessed with the Patriots. I guess in 5 years when he gets fired by the Bills he'll become Head Coach of the Dolphins?

All I can say is Rex is a caricature. I feel badly for the fans in Buffalo when reality sets in with no offense and Rex.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:38 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
He missed the playoffs 4 years in a row including a disastrous 4-12 year and he gets a new job just like that? How does that work?
He finished 2nd in the AFC East 2 of those 4 years to the Patriots (8-8).

This past year, anyone who paid attention to the Jets knew that his GM (John Idzik), deliberately held back 20 million in cap space and gave him nothing to work with...(Geno Smith or Mike Vick at QB)

He is a good coach and the Bills definitely have an upgrade over Marrone.

People just assume things incorrectly about him because of his brash personality or they say things like "he was 4-12 this year" without really looking into why the record what it was....

Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,888,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
He is a good coach and the Bills definitely have an upgrade over Marrone.
I would disagree. Marrone got the Bills respectable and moving in the right direction.

Not sure how you call Rex a "good coach" when all the evidence points to the opposite. He took a team that was moving in the right direction when he took over, and made it a 4-12 disaster.

Do people think it's a coincidence that Belichick and the Patriots have won 12 division titles and been to 9 AFC championships, winning 5 so far? A "good coach" gets the most from his players and develops game plans to win.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:12 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Rex is a pretty good HC. Those Jets teams that made it to the AFC championship weren't very good, other than the secondary.

However, Buffalo must be cursing itself for signing Ryan just a couple of days before John Fox became available.
John Fox? No thanks.

I am interested to see how we fair against the AFC South and NFC East next years vs. how we faired against the AFC West (0-4 including a loss to the Raiders, thanks for getting the team ready for that one Marrone) and NFC North (4-0) this year. I am hoping we can go 3-1 vs the AFC South and 2-2 vs. the NFC East. Will give us a one game improvement overall and a three game improvement in the conference tie breakers.

I know that Peter King had made comments last year that he thought that Rex getting the Jets to an 8-8 record last season may have been one of the best coaching jobs ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or