U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:04 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Reputation: 10265

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I added a poll to the thread

I voted for the Patriots.
Cool - pulling moderator on me and adding to my thread, with a poll I was too stupid to put there myself

 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 PM
 
20,921 posts, read 39,218,156 times
Reputation: 19213
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Cool - pulling moderator on me and adding to my thread, with a poll I was too stupid to put there myself
We moderators are here to, uhh, improve the experience....yeah, dat's da tickket....improve the 'speeryentz
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:10 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon says BAZINGA View Post
Metalman, one slight disagreement, I personally don't think Cam Newton is close to Wilson.
Just in watching him play the game thus far in his career, I honestly believe it's the team around him that contributes to his failures. He's big and strong and has a great arm and can run just like Wilson, but with more power. But he puts too much on his shoulders so plays end with stupid mistakes. I think if he was Seattle's QB they'd be even better. I mean to take nothing away from Wilson because he is legit - just not enough years yet for me to make that determination.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Northville, MI
11,882 posts, read 11,181,746 times
Reputation: 6320
Please new England, win the SB this time.

NE 31 SEA 18
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,768,008 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Right now the Pats are the hottest team in football, they just kept the number 1 rated quarterback to 7 points. Have to go with whose hot. Actually the way both Green Bay and Seattle played today many teams with just a good game would have beat them. Its was a game of errors by offenses in those turnover ;not defense creating them. Only Lynch looked good in that game.


funny how 1 game changes people's pick for the S.B. and forget that just 9 days ago the Patriots almost lost to the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division and the Ravens scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Patriots defense. If Ravens didn't have a depleted secondary due to injuries they would have beat the Pats by 2 scores......but I guess the Pats don't make errors during a game. They are the hottest team in the NFL they beat the Colts. .....Dallas and Pittsburgh beat the Colts 1 sided....what's your point?



if you think the Colts are in the same level as the Hawks or Packers you are smoking crack. Dallas Cowboys smacked the Colts 42-7 and the Steelers did the same thing 51-34....the Colts are the most inconsistent team in the NFL that have NO running game and have soft defense in the middle.


in the 5 losses of the Colts during the regular season the opponents scored 196 points!!! that is bad defense.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:29 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
funny how 1 game changes people's pick for the S.B. and forget that just 9 days ago the Patriots almost lost to the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division and the Ravens scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Patriots defense. If Ravens didn't have a depleted secondary due to injuries they would have beat the Pats by 2 scores......but I guess the Pats don't make errors during a game. They are the hottest team in the NFL they beat the Colts. .....Dallas and Pittsburgh beat the Colts 1 sided....what's your point?
You keep on bringing up the Ravens game and the stats and who's the better team. I've said it before and will again - the Pats executed when they needed to and won. They were better. It doesn't matter if a 10-0 team beats an 0-10 team by 1 point - they still won.

It takes a balanced effort to win games, and the Pats are balanced. If the offense goes soft, the defense is good enough to change the game. And visa versa. We'll know in two weeks who the best team is.

But with all of that said, any given Sunday. I've twice watched a greatly inferior Giants team beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl, because on those two Sundays, the Giants were the better team. And I don't remember any Pats fans whining about some sticky on a helmet or some Vaseline on Eli.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,768,008 times
Reputation: 5197
1 game makes the Patriots the hottest team in football???? when just 9 days ago they almost lost to the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division? LMAO!!!!!!.........The same Ravens that scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Pats defense and held the Pats to just 17 yards rushing?....LMAO!!!


Dallas and Pittsburgh also trashed the Colts....are they the hottest team in football? I forgot they are at home eliminated.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,612,202 times
Reputation: 3225
Obviously, the Patriots are probably looking like the best team on the field - it's tough to pick against Brady and Belichick and their offensive machine.

However, if you look at the two or three games in which the Pats struggled (I'm not going to count Buffalo), the one thing that jumps out is that teams had success running the ball against their defense. Eddie Lacy had 98 yards. The Pats gave up 125 to Baltimore's running back. The Pats were 1-1 in those games. The question then is, can the Pats defense make adjustments and can Brady and Co. spread the ball around and create balance to win. Seattle will be their toughest test yet, though they already faced a comparable team in Green Bay and made it competitive. For those reasons, I have to give the edge to Seattle.

The one reason why the Pats have a chance is the scheming of Belichick. He'll have two weeks to break down film on Russell Wilson, and he's about as good as there is at prepping for big games.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,768,008 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You keep on bringing up the Ravens game and the stats and who's the better team. I've said it before and will again - the Pats executed when they needed to and won. They were better. It doesn't matter if a 10-0 team beats an 0-10 team by 1 point - they still won.

It takes a balanced effort to win games, and the Pats are balanced. If the offense goes soft, the defense is good enough to change the game. And visa versa. We'll know in two weeks who the best team is.

But with all of that said, any given Sunday. I've twice watched a greatly inferior Giants team beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl, because on those two Sundays, the Giants were the better team. And I don't remember any Pats fans whining about some sticky on a helmet or some Vaseline on Eli.


so did the Hawks....they executed and beat a better team in the Packers than the Ravens.....can we agree that the Packers are a stronger and more balance team than the Ravens????


can the Pats have 5 turnovers and beat the Packers????? they had 0 turnovers in November and still lost to the Packers.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
1 game makes the Patriots the hottest team in football???? when just 9 days ago they almost lost to the #6 seed Ravens who barely made the playoffs and finished 3rd in their division? LMAO!!!!!!.........The same Ravens that scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on the Pats defense and held the Pats to just 17 yards rushing?....LMAO!!!


Dallas and Pittsburgh also trashed the Colts....are they the hottest team in football? I forgot they are at home eliminated.
Since game 4, they are 12-2 which makes them pretty hot, one of those W's in your constantly mentioned stats game. Barely made this, lots of yards, blah blah - honestly not really sure what your point is.

The 9-7 Giants won the Super Bowl because they became the hottest team at the right time playing on all cylinders beating a superior Patriots team because they were better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top