Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Win Super Bowl 49 (Feb 1, 2015)
New England Patriots 56 49.56%
Seattle Seahawks 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:39 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

I think the Seahawks-Packers game featured the two best teams in the league this season. With two weeks to prepare and heal, I see the Hawks taking this one. It will be a more competitive SB than last year however.

This is the match-up I wanted though, since I like both teams, but I'm going with the Hawks!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:18 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times
I see Marshawn Lynch couldn't resist turning around at the last second, walk in to the endzone BACKWARDS and grab his junk yet again... At least the third time this season he has done that gesture. Surprised though cause he usually DIVES into the endzone backwards.
Yet you look into the crowd of "12s" (many of whom left early in the 4th, then tried to get back in when their team had a spark but were denied access... Nice loyalty) and so many of them wear the Lynch jerseys.
It makes me wonder what youth sports are like in a town where seemingly everyone just LOVES the guy who grabs his d!ck in the opponents face...

I hope New England jumps out front and stays there so we can all watch that plastic fanbase leave the stadium early yet again.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:26 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
Assuming Sherman is good to go (which he should be, considering he still played at the end of the game), Seahawks win big. I say they win something like 27-10. I'd like to see them win something like 42-0, sack Brady 10 times, and force 5 interceptions.

The Colts just can't get over the NE hump. Not much to read out of the AFCCG.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:27 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Fox Business runs a report claiming that the NFL is concerned about 'falling' Super Bowl attendance, noting that it's been going down since 2011.

Quote:
Words can’t express how incorrect the opinion shared by Elizabeth McDonald of Fox Business Channel is in this clip.

McDonald apparently believes that the NFL is preparing for “record low” attendance at the Super Bowl because the game’s attendance hasn’t cleared 100,000 since 2011.
Fox Business Channel reporter thinks Super Bowl attendance is a problem - Awful Announcing

Old 01-19-2015, 06:30 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Assuming Sherman is good to go (which he should be, considering he still played at the end of the game), Seahawks win big. I say they win something like 27-10. I'd like to see them win something like 42-0, sack Brady 10 times, and force 5 interceptions.

Don't think so. Are you basing this on last years Broncos thumping?

Patriots are a much better and more will rounded team. If any team winds big, it will be the Pats.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:

Just like all the Seahawk fans who thought they were going to blow out GB, right?

GB destroyed themselves in a number of ways and really, Seattle should be gone.

So it may be hard to believe, but not every game featuring the Seahawks is going to be an epic blowout.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Don't think so. Are you basing this on last years Broncos thumping?

Patriots are a much better and more will rounded team. If any team winds big, it will be the Pats.
I say this because the Seahawks have a legit D, and D wins championships. They have a much better D than the 2012 Ravens, which was good enough to have Brady playing horribly. The Patriots' D is overrated, as Flacco showed last week. The Seahawks also have a better RB, and once they sack Brady a few times, he'll turn into a completely average QB.

I didn't think the Seahawks would blow out GB FYI. GB is better than NE. Rodgers is better than Brady.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:48 AM

Here's the thing... Seattle's offense can easily be shut down. It was for three quarters yesterday and one of those TDs was on a trick play scored against special teams.

Green Bay has struggled bigtime in the redzone this year and they had to kick two field goals that were under 20 yards early on... New England will have no troubles finding a way to stuff it in with the run or hit Gronk.

New England also is more versatile on offense, even though Brady has bricks tied to his feet. They can run it 45 times a game or pass it 50 times a game.

You just can't compare Seattle playing against GB with Seattle playing against NE.

Even the coaching decisions are wildly different... Belichek NEVER lets his foot off the gas pedal... Which if you swap GB with NE for the 4th quarter of yesterday's game, Seattle wouldn't have stood a chance to make a comeback.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:04 AM

Seattle's defense is tough. New England won't be able to run against them. They're going to be one-dimensional. They're going to get sacked. Then Brady will start throwing interceptions. On offense, Seattle has a great RB and a QB who can be great when he needs to be. Don't people get sick of picking Brady or Manning to win it all every year? Isn't it tiring being wrong all the time?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Seattle's defense is tough. New England won't be able to run against them. They're going to be one-dimensional. They're going to get sacked. Then Brady will start throwing interceptions. On offense, Seattle has a great RB and a QB who can be great when he needs to be. Don't people get sick of picking Brady or Manning to win it all every year? Isn't it tiring being wrong all the time?
At this point, I sincerely hope you're trolling...

If you want to talk about QBs throwing INTs, you should look no further than Russell Wilson who threw... What... Four? Five?

Seattle isn't invincible...

New England has a much better rushing attack than Green Bay and even GB was able to run on Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football