U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,878,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Kinda beside the point here... But does anybody else recall a time where the balls being stained red like they were yesterday?

I was watching the pregame and halftimes shows and I guess Bradshaw was tossing a ball around with fans and his hands were BRIGHT red.

Dont remember seeing anything like that ever before.
It's called wet paint from the Pats logo on a very wet field. No conspiracy.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM

7,846 posts, read 14,878,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If they did it against the Colts, they probably did it against the Ravens, too. Just didn't get caught. The Ravens only lost by 4 pts. The Ravens and Colts should play this weekend to see who goes to the Super Bowl!
In fact, I bet the Patriots probably manipulated the weather too, and Bill Belichick used Jedi mind tricks on John Harbaugh and the Ravens' defense, preventing them from reacting (not once, but three times) to ineligible receivers announced over the loudspeaker.

Those tricky Patriots, what's next? Dressing up Gronk as a hotdog vendor and throwing him the ball? You just never know with those hoodie wearing hoodlums.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:07 PM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I certainly don't hate the Patriots, who has time for that. Whether it is fair or not or whether it is true or not, they keep tarnishing their own image..

How? I don't see them tarnishing anything. There was one incident about a location of a camera about 10 years ago during one half of one football game. That is it.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM

894 posts, read 839,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gringo View Post
Patriot haters grasping at straws again...
Seriously. I can't believe people are believing that deflated balls are the reason why the Colts had their ass*es handed to them last Sunday. Did Bill Belichick control when the rain stopped and started as well?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How? I don't see them tarnishing anything. There was one incident about a location of a camera about 10 years ago during one half of one football game. That is it.
No offense but you and I both know it was NOT 1 camera at 1 game during 1 half..

I don't expect you or any Patriots fans to acknowledge any wrong doing here but the facts are they were caught cheating and paid a hefty price for it.. if something comes out of the current allegations and they get fined and docked another draft pick then your right, tarnish is probably not the correct word..

I am just pointing out that the Patriots will forever be linked to spygate and another such scandal would harm the teams dynasty beyond repair.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:25 PM

9,575 posts, read 4,589,584 times
Rodgers told CBS he tries to overinflate footballs | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Old 01-20-2015, 01:29 PM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
No offense but you and I both know it was NOT 1 camera at 1 game during 1 half..

That is all it was illegal for. It was a week one incident (first game of the season). The prior years what they did was not against the rules. The reason the punishment was so harsh was because it was a rule the league put in place and emphasized in the offseason.

So yes, what they did during spygate was explicitly against NFL rules for one half of one game.

That isn't in dispute by anyone. They likely did the same thing previous years, but it wasn't a violation. So that's a non issue.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:30 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
Seriously. I can't believe people are believing that deflated balls are the reason why the Colts had their ass*es handed to them last Sunday. Did Bill Belichick control when the rain stopped and started as well?
This could be much ado about nothing and I am not sure it would have changed the outcome but the facts are, several footballs were removed from play because they did not meet specifications.. the NFL is investigating and we may never hear anything else about it. The issue is the Patriots have been caught cheating before so no one puts it past them to do it again..

Old 01-20-2015, 02:01 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Rodgers is talking about it on his radio show right now. He said smaller hands, or less strength the deflated balls would help them. He claims that a little over inflated does not hurt or help anyone, but deflated could favor players. He said referees check the balls before games. I never even gave a thought to under inflated, only knew about over because AR mentioned it.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM

9,575 posts, read 4,589,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Rodgers is talking about it on his radio show right now. He said smaller hands, or less strength the deflated balls would help them. He claims that a little over inflated does not hurt or help anyone, but deflated could favor players. He said referees check the balls before games. I never even gave a thought to under inflated, only knew about over because AR mentioned it.
Over inflating would be cheating just as much as underinflating. Still a rules violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or