U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2015, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Reputation: 12484

Advertisements

Me, I'm nave, because Aaron says under inflated favors players but over inflated does not, I buy into it. What do I know, I've only tried to throw a football once or twice. I have large hands for a woman so my friend figured I could throw a football - NOT!!

 
Old 01-20-2015, 03:28 PM
 
9,582 posts, read 4,594,524 times
Reputation: 5453
The NFL has a specific guideline. Violating it either direction is a rules violation. So cheating. Aaron Rodgers admitted he wanted to cheat.
 
Old 01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,401 posts, read 4,174,894 times
Reputation: 5705
How long does it take to check the inflation on a few footballs, then report it to NFL HQ? When Harbaugh complained about the Pats' formation "trickery", the NFL did not waste anytime in saying it was within the rules.

Two days later and the NFL has said nothing about Deflate Gate. That tells me that there is probably some substance to the allegations.

It has already been proven that the Pats will push the rules to the limits and sometimes even over the limit, in order to win. You Pats fans must be so proud!
 
Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 PM
 
9,582 posts, read 4,594,524 times
Reputation: 5453
"Basically what happens is the officials get the footballs before the game. They mark the footballs, they check the pressure of the footballs. There are so many issues going on, so many people out on the field. People that come out of the office in New York that are just walking around the field. And I don't believe ball boy that is making $10 an hour is going to stand there with a needle in his hand taking air out of the ball. And how do they know which ball they're gonna send in there? And basically if a referee or an official doesn't like the feel of the ball, he's going to throw it out. So I just think it's a non-issue right now."
From a former supervisor of officials
 
Old 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
How long does it take to check the inflation on a few footballs, then report it to NFL HQ? When Harbaugh complained about the Pats' formation "trickery", the NFL did not waste anytime in saying it was within the rules.

Two days later and the NFL has said nothing about Deflate Gate. That tells me that there is probably some substance to the allegations.

It has already been proven that the Pats will push the rules to the limits and sometimes even over the limit, in order to win. You Pats fans must be so proud!
Funny, a Baltimore fan asking Patriot fans if they're proud of their organization...........
 
Old 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Reputation: 12484
It isn't a secret, articles have been written about it, he talks about it on his radio show, which is broadcast on ESPN, and clips are regularly on the NFL website. Yes, over or under the inflation is probably wrong, a violation.

However, I think of cheating is trying to get away with something before someone finds out, announcing it on a national radio show isn't keeping it quiet.
 
Old 01-20-2015, 04:05 PM
 
9,582 posts, read 4,594,524 times
Reputation: 5453
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It isn't a secret, articles have been written about it, he talks about it on his radio show, which is broadcast on ESPN, and clips are regularly on the NFL website. Yes, over or under the inflation is probably wrong, a violation.

However, I think of cheating is trying to get away with something before someone finds out, announcing it on a national radio show isn't keeping it quiet.
Interesting concept. If I tell everyone before I cheat that I am going to cheat, it is no longer cheating.
Don't tell NASCAR.
 
Old 01-20-2015, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
11,825 posts, read 8,245,143 times
Reputation: 20347
Deflate gate is pretty silly and I quote Tom Brady "now I have heard everything"

I seriously doubt they tampered with the balls and if they did would it have made any difference in their stomping of the Colts?
 
Old 01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
1,129 posts, read 1,074,128 times
Reputation: 371
It's official...

11 of 12 of the Pats footballs were deflated by 2 pounds according to ESPN.
 
Old 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Deflate gate is pretty silly and I quote Tom Brady "now I have heard everything"

I seriously doubt they tampered with the balls and if they did would it have made any difference in their stomping of the Colts?
No, it wouldn't have. As a Colts fan, I freely admit the Pats have superior talent and coaching, and they execute better. So, why break the rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top