U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times

Advertisements

After all these years of watching football, i didn't know that each team could use their own balls. I thought both teams used the same ball provided by the officials. Very weird that the NFL doesn't require one ball for both teams.

So 11 of their balls were deflated. It definitely wasn't a coincidence. Something is going on.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:13 AM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
The Pats ball boy now sending out his resume.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:22 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,218,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The Pats ball boy now sending out his resume.
Hopefully they don't try and make him the scapegoat! Belicheat should be thrown out for the 2015 season especially since it's the second time. Sean Payton was suspended for Bounty Gate so there's no way this should go down any different.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:28 AM

19,378 posts, read 17,488,305 times
You have to feel bad for the Patriots' fans, the actual ones and not the bandwagoner losers with self esteem issues that have to gravitate to a team with a winning record. The Pats under Belichick are a tainted organization and their wins are suspect and no matter what they have to say publicly you know they doubt their own teams legitimacy. Belichick has undoubtedly done more that he's gotten away with, he's a cheat with no integrity or class. That describes many Pat's fans, sadly. Imagine a team with a great record that nobody respects or takes seriously. That's the Pats.
Karma will catch up to Belichick, he'll be a sorry SOB.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:40 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,203,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The NFL has a specific guideline. Violating it either direction is a rules violation. So cheating. Aaron Rodgers admitted he wanted to cheat.
Wearing gold cleats is a violation too. So is not making yourself available to the media after a game. But these aren't cheating.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:49 AM

43,556 posts, read 52,667,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Me, I'm nave, because Aaron says under inflated favors players but over inflated does not, I buy into it. What do I know, I've only tried to throw a football once or twice. I have large hands for a woman so my friend figured I could throw a football - NOT!!
LOL. I have small hands for a woman and can throw a football.
You don't need big hands.

Patriots vs Seahawks...the two teams with the disgusting coaches who are everything that is wrong with sports.

Usually if my teams aren't in the game, I can still pick someone to root for, but I can't stand either of those guys.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:48 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,457,622 times
How about the NFL takes away the Pats win and awards it to the Colts on a disqualifcation and lets the Colts play in the SB?

I bet the cheating will stop right then and there.

But, you know what will happen....nothing. Back to business as usual.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:52 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,293,582 times
I agree. The Pats should be disqualified. Reverse the win and give it to the Colts.

The legacy of the Pats is shrouded in controversy. I will not be watching this superbowl if the Pats are allowed to play.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:14 AM

2,164 posts, read 2,913,819 times
I found this interesting.

Quote:
Refs check the balls before the game, the ball boys work for the NFL, not the Patriots, and the air pumped into the balls are warm air and brought into the cold. We haven't been told anything about the Colts' game balls, either. And Rodgers was complaining that his game ball had been deflated, but said the refs were the ones to do it. Nowhere did we see a single person deflating balls on the field, nobody would risk that. So, the only real conclusions you can make here are either: A) The weather influenced the balls(most football coaches or players will admit that throughout the course of a game, a ball will deflate, especially when it's cool and/or humid outside, since balls tend to be pumped with warm air), OR B) The NFL intentionally did this, but, once again, the Pats are the only team caught up in it. Surprise surprise. Either way, Pats have been the best team in the league for over a decade, so let them keep trying to find fault. Go Pats!

Old 01-21-2015, 05:42 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
Cheating is a part of professional sports. It's up to the league to find ways to discourage it.

In baseball you have pitchers who scuff balls and hitters who cork bats or use too much pine tar. We shouldn't be surprised if NFL teams try to gain an edge. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be punishment -- just the opposite. I say if the NFL cares about the integrity of the outcome, then it's up to them to punish cheaters. Belichick makes calculated decisions. He figured the risks and costs of getting caught were outweighed by the profits of victory. The NFL can change that at any time -- if they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or