Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 01:07 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,229,707 times

Advertisements

Pats barely survived the #6 seed Ravens when they were trailing for most of the game by 14 points TWICE and pulled a win at the end.

Ravens scored 31 points and Forsett rushed for 130 yards on this Pats defense.

and the Hawks game vs the Packers.

I say the Hawks beating the Packers with 5 turnovers was more impressive because the Packers is a TOP 3 team in the NFC while the Ravens are not even top 5 in the AFC.....Ravens came third in the division and barely made the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 01:41 PM

917 posts, read 1,376,399 times
But they got the W at the end when it mattered. Amazes me that GB couldnt really capitalize off 5 turnovers. 5!!!!!

Old 01-19-2015, 01:43 PM

811 posts, read 732,319 times
And? You can say this about any Super Bowl team any year....if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, then everyone would be in the Super Bowl. Both these teams earned the right to be there, and it should be a great game.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:49 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,095 times
Coming from a Ravens fan, their offense is good, Joe Flacco is good, they have good special teams, and a great defensive line. But their secondary is god awful without Jimmy Smith. They don't really belong in the SB this year. With the Ravens and the Steelers still a piece or two away (and the Colts and Texans a few pieces away, and the Bengals a million pieces away), and with Manning's injury, I think it's just the NFC's year again.

Don't give me that Patriots have a great D crap either. It's about average. Revis isn't a superstar anymore. An aging Steve Smith exposed him last week.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:19 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,778,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Coming from a Ravens fan, their offense is good, Joe Flacco is good, they have good special teams, and a great defensive line. But their secondary is god awful without Jimmy Smith. They don't really belong in the SB this year. With the Ravens and the Steelers still a piece or two away (and the Colts and Texans a few pieces away, and the Bengals a million pieces away), and with Manning's injury, I think it's just the NFC's year again.

Don't give me that Patriots have a great D crap either. It's about average. Revis isn't a superstar anymore. An aging Steve Smith exposed him last week.
You consider 3 catches for 44 yards an exposing performance?

Old 01-19-2015, 02:24 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,246,499 times
Really? You can make a case that the Ravens, or Green Bay, or Detroit, or a pop warner team should be there instead. Throughout the year, a play here, a miss there, has made all the difference in a teams record or a particular game? Not one play wins or loses a game.

The two teams in the Super Bowl deserve to be there, period. To get to this point, they have out executed their opponents. F*ck stats. The score in the end is all that matters. Green Bay didn't execute and settled for field goals on their 4th and goals. They had their chances. The Ravens stats may look better, but the Patriots executed the plays they needed to for victory.

It's complete Bullsh*t to ever assume any team other then the two playing in the Super Bowl deserve to be there. Doesn't matter the regular season records, or QB yards and TD's. To win, you EXECUTE better then the other team. Both the Seahawks and Patriots have done so.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:27 PM

22,306 posts, read 47,253,896 times
"You can make a case that Pats/Hawks shouldn't be in the S.B. "

Yet there they are.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:34 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
You consider 3 catches for 44 yards an exposing performance?
I consider his TD catch right in front of Revis exposing him. I'm not saying he's a bad corner. But to say he's the best is a stretch IMO.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:50 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,246,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I consider his TD catch right in front of Revis exposing him. I'm not saying he's a bad corner. But to say he's the best is a stretch IMO.
Making a good play isn't exposing anyone. Sherman has been scored on and he's not exposed. Such a poor term to use. If someone gets exposed, from that point on they play like sh*t. Revis and Sherman are lock down corners and arguably the best in the game. It's easy to say by just watching them.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM

14,294 posts, read 14,540,545 times
I'm a GB fan and while losing the way they did is hard to swallow, Seahawks won. Packers let their foot off the gas towards the end of the game. You cannot do that with playoff football no way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football