U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:04 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,549 times

Advertisements

It seems that the Rams and Kroenke will be having some competition as to who will be the first NFL team to return to Los Angeles. The Chargers and Chargers President Dean Spanos have announced now that they will be building a new stadium in LA and that they've had a deal put together with Los Angeles since before Kroenke announced his big plan for a stadium in LA.

So how will this play out? And not just for Los Angeles. Will the Rams and St Louis build a new stadium to keep the Rams or, given this recent news concerning the Chargers plan for LA, will the Rams stay put? The Rams, and the Raiders for that matter, are both disgruntled with their current stadium situations and would like either a new one in their respective communities or will consider relocation to a new market.

Speaking of which, San Antonio officials have been in talks with Mark Davis and the Raiders for months regarding a move of the Raiders to Texas. Nothing's come from the talks as of yet but it does look like Davis will keep the Raiders at their sorry stadium for yet another season. But what about 2016? Lots of questions to be answered before we all will know who will play where. My everlasting hope is that some team, be it the Raiders or the Rams eventually decide to relocate to the San Antonio area.

San Antonio has grown by leaps and bounds as has nearby Austin in recent years and the region will continue to grow and prosper into the future. An NFL team placed in this region of over 4 million people would be wildly successful and quite frankly is long overdue.

NFL Rumors: Chargers, Goldman-Sachs Stadium Agreement Could Cripple Ramsí Plans | RantSports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 05:46 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,533,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
It seems that the Rams and Kroenke will be having some competition as to who will be the first NFL team to return to Los Angeles. The Chargers and Chargers President Dean Spanos have announced now that they will be building a new stadium in LA and that they've had a deal put together with Los Angeles since before Kroenke announced his big plan for a stadium in LA.

So how will this play out? And not just for Los Angeles. Will the Rams and St Louis build a new stadium to keep the Rams or, given this recent news concerning the Chargers plan for LA, will the Rams stay put? The Rams, and the Raiders for that matter, are both disgruntled with their current stadium situations and would like either a new one in their respective communities or will consider relocation to a new market.

Speaking of which, San Antonio officials have been in talks with Mark Davis and the Raiders for months regarding a move of the Raiders to Texas. Nothing's come from the talks as of yet but it does look like Davis will keep the Raiders at their sorry stadium for yet another season. But what about 2016? Lots of questions to be answered before we all will know who will play where. My everlasting hope is that some team, be it the Raiders or the Rams eventually decide to relocate to the San Antonio area.

San Antonio has grown by leaps and bounds as has nearby Austin in recent years and the region will continue to grow and prosper into the future. An NFL team placed in this region of over 4 million people would be wildly successful and quite frankly is long overdue.

NFL Rumors: Chargers, Goldman-Sachs Stadium Agreement Could Cripple Ramsí Plans | RantSports
Wow that really came out of nowhere, probably just a rumor (didn't mention any specific location in LA, hard to keep that stuff silent). Again, LA used as leverage against the City that the team currently plays in.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:31 PM

833 posts, read 956,279 times
Anything with "Rumors" on the title of an article you have to take with a grain of salt in my book. First of all how is this going to be financed? Secondly where is it going to be built? Thirdly why not built it in beautiful San Diego? etc. The Rams on the other hand, specifically Kroenke has been very proactive. He's got the land/site, the financing etc., so it seems to me that he has the upper hand on this. He even came out and announced his intentions to build a new stadium with the blessing from local city leaders.

I read a story the other day that Art Rooney II, the chairman of the NFL's stadium committee (and also owner of the Steelers) had a message for the Rams owner Kroenke, "that there still cards to be played", "there's still a process that has to work its way out". I can understand that there is a "process" in place, but hell lets expedite this process instead of sitting on your hands. Here you have an owner in Kroenke who is proactive and decisive who wants to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, which hasn't had a team in TWO DECADES, yet there is a "process" that who knows how long it will take. Rant over.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:02 PM

32,465 posts, read 26,339,737 times
since it doesnt affect me in any way, i really dont care if they stay in st louis, move to LA, move to moose breath, montana, or where ever.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:47 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,879,146 times
I think they will. St. Louis is a baseball town first. Money talks and ad revenue in the LA area would dwarf st. Louis.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
The Rams already have one foot out the door. The city of St. Louis has plans for a new stadium, but the Rams' name isn't being attached to it...

Old 01-29-2015, 12:57 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Wouldn't L.A. really rather have the Raiders back ? It seems to me the Raiders would be the natural choice. The Bay area has 2 teams playing in a market half the size of Los Angeles. I think the Rams are playing LA to get a better stadium deal in Saint Louis and I think it will work. Either way Saint Louis will have first crack to keep the Rams.
No, I have to disagree with you, it wont be up to St. Louis or Los Angeles, it will be up to SK and he is a business man, and he knows the Rams will be worth a lot more in LA then where they are at now. I think it is a forgone conclusion they will be in LA for the 2016 season.

I also think SK's proposed new stadium will also be the home of either the Chargers or the Raiders and lets not forget UCLA!! UCLA currently plays their home games in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl. Inglewood is a lot closer right down the 405 from the campus of UCLA.

It just makes financial sense for this to all happen.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:25 PM

833 posts, read 956,279 times
Giants' John Mara expects one-to-two teams in L.A.

Giants' John Mara expects one-to-two teams in L.A. - NFL.com

Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Giants' John Mara expects one-to-two teams in L.A.

Giants' John Mara expects one-to-two teams in L.A. - NFL.com
I read that article earlier this morning. With Mara expecting LA to have two teams in 2016 is all but etched in stone the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. And I for one couldn't be happier to have my Rams back. And the likes of Fred Dryer,Jack Youngblood roaming the sidelines.

With SK showing more stadium sketches of his new state of the art stadium to the other team owners at the owners meeting. I think he will be lobbying for the other owners to vote his way.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:17 PM

1,743 posts, read 959,729 times
If there's any relocation to Los Angeles, I hope it's only the Raiders or Chargers. California has enough teams... in every sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or