U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:37 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,205,203 times

Advertisements

Farmers Field was honestly the best plan, and it fell through. The Carson and Inglewood plans have absolutely no financing attached to them, unlike Farmers Field (and you better believe that the owners of the Rams, Raiders and Chargers aren't going to be footing for the bill themselves).

Yeah, Carson and Inglewood voted for the plans, but cities vote yes on a lot of measures that never happen all the time.

I honestly feel like the NFL is trying to pressure St. Louis, San Diego, and Oakland (especially) to get their plans together. As such, I don't think any team is going to move to LA.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 03:36 PM

2,024 posts, read 2,026,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Farmers Field was honestly the best plan, and it fell through. The Carson and Inglewood plans have absolutely no financing attached to them, unlike Farmers Field (and you better believe that the owners of the Rams, Raiders and Chargers aren't going to be footing for the bill themselves).

Yeah, Carson and Inglewood voted for the plans, but cities vote yes on a lot of measures that never happen all the time.

I honestly feel like the NFL is trying to pressure St. Louis, San Diego, and Oakland (especially) to get their plans together. As such, I don't think any team is going to move to LA.

I hope I'm wrong though.
The Inglewood stadium project is 100% funded by the multi billionaire owner of the Rams Stan Kreonke and his partners who own the land that the old Hollywood Park sits on.

Los Angeles will have a team!! It is just a question of whether it is the Rams by themselves, or the Raiders or Chargers will join them. My hope is it's just the Rams.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 PM

833 posts, read 959,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
The Inglewood stadium project is 100% funded by the multi billionaire owner of the Rams Stan Kreonke and his partners who own the land that the old Hollywood Park sits on.

Los Angeles will have a team!! It is just a question of whether it is the Rams by themselves, or the Raiders or Chargers will join them. My hope is it's just the Rams.
The Raiders are planning to spend 10-40 million on a new training facility in Alameda. It seems like they're leaning towards staying in Oakland.

Raiders To Invest Millions For New Training Facility At Alameda Headquarters CBS San Francisco

Old 05-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
The Raiders are planning to spend 10-40 million on a new training facility in Alameda. It seems like they're leaning towards staying in Oakland.

Raiders To Invest Millions For New Training Facility At Alameda Headquarters CBS San Francisco
Thanks for the info. That would be great!! The Raiders should stay in Oakland, they wouldn't be the same Raiders if they move. I hope they get a stadium there.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:05 AM

833 posts, read 959,527 times
"Destroying the grandstand clears the way for a proposed $2 billion football stadium, entertainment and residential complex"

Implosion takes Down Hollywood Park Racetrack Grandstand | NBC Southern California

Old 05-31-2015, 01:40 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,807,372 times
As anxious as I am (very!) to see the Rams back in SoCal it's kind of sad to see the old grandstands at Hollypark come down. That track was a BIG part of life in L.A. for decades. Sinatra, Crosby, Bogart and Bacall could all be seen placing their bets and watching the thoroughbreds run at that track. "They're off and running at Hollywood Park" is a jingle every Southern Californian of a certain age will remember.

But.... Come on Rams!! Get 'er done!

Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 AM

I saw that the ole grandstand being taken down by a series of implosions. I was never a horse race kinda guy, so I was excited to see the first physical step of the Rams returning to LA. It was also good to see the old Los Angeles Rams jersey's being worn by on-lookers.

I am thinking I need to get one. Maybe 29 for Eric Dickeron, or 74 for Merlin Olson, 75 for Deacon Jones.... Nope it will be 18 for Roman Gabriel!! And it will be in the blue and white colors the Rams had in the 60's and early 70's.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:37 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,157,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I saw that the ole grandstand being taken down by a series of implosions. I was never a horse race kinda guy, so I was excited to see the first physical step of the Rams returning to LA. It was also good to see the old Los Angeles Rams jersey's being worn by on-lookers.

I am thinking I need to get one. Maybe 29 for Eric Dickeron, or 74 for Merlin Olson, 75 for Deacon Jones.... Nope it will be 18 for Roman Gabriel!! And it will be in the blue and white colors the Rams had in the 60's and early 70's.
Nearly forgot about ol' Roman Gabriel!

Old 06-02-2015, 01:02 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,807,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Nearly forgot about ol' Roman Gabriel!
Roman is one of the Rams greats who has lobbied for years to get the Rams back in L.A. They call Edward Jones Dome "the dark cave" and have been unhappy with the less-than-top-notch playing conditioners there.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,157,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Roman is one of the Rams greats who has lobbied for years to get the Rams back in L.A. They call Edward Jones Dome "the dark cave" and have been unhappy with the less-than-top-notch playing conditioners there.
Very good to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or