U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 11:19 AM

2,023 posts, read 2,025,157 times

Advertisements

As a Ram fan from the Los Angeles days I obviously hope they move back to Los Angeles, but what I want to do is get people thoughts as to whether they will or not move. And why you come to your conclusions.

My thoughts are they will move. Obviously Stan Kroenke cannot flat out say they are going to move. My thought are based on his involvment in building an 80,000 seat stadium in Inglewood. Sure the city of St. ouis has announced a plan to build a 64,00 seat open air stadium. Will that stadium be as attractive a venue as the one he is building in Inglewood? My guess is not.

My other theory is why would he build this grand 80,00 seat stadium and only to have the Raiders or Chargers move into it and not his Rams?

With the recent sales of the Dodgers and Clippers that went into the plus 2 billion dollar range, would the Rams be more valuable if they were the Los Angeles Rams compared to the St. Louis Rams? I think the answer is an obvious yes.

People are saying that LA wouldn't support a pro football team. If the Dodgers can average over 48,000 people a game for a 82 game home season, and draw over 3 million each year, Los Angeles can easily have 70 to 80,000 fans show up for an 8 game home schedule.

Plus with the Rams back in LA, this opens up the LA market for hosting a Super Bowl, something I would think the NFL would want.

So there are a lot of reasons as to why I think they should move back, plus they still have a lot of die-hard Ram fans as evident by last weekends rally at the Colisuem for Stan Kroenke to bring the Rams back.

Anyone have their thoughts and reason why they will or will not move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 AM

2,887 posts, read 4,837,934 times
I was a many year season ticket holder for the Rams, all the years they were in Anaheim, and a few years before that when they played in LA. After Georgia ripped the hearts out of the fans by packing up and heading for greener pastures, I have nothing but contempt for the team, even though Georgia is now on the other side of the turf. I have cheered for them to lose every since they bolted.
When Pete left USC for Seattle, I became a Seattle fan and never looked back. Now if the Rams move back, I would still cheer for them to lose every game.
They left Anaheim for the promise of a fancy new stadium and mega dollars. Now that the fancy new stadium is old and ugly, they want to bolt that town for another promised new stadium. They have no regards for the fans, only the dollar. May they never win another game... I hope they stay in SL and rot in Hell..! A truly classless organization.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I was a many year season ticket holder for the Rams, all the years they were in Anaheim, and a few years before that when they played in LA. After Georgia ripped the hearts out of the fans by packing up and heading for greener pastures, I have nothing but contempt for the team, even though Georgia is now on the other side of the turf. I have cheered for them to lose every since they bolted.
When Pete left USC for Seattle, I became a Seattle fan and never looked back. Now if the Rams move back, I would still cheer for them to lose every game.
They left Anaheim for the promise of a fancy new stadium and mega dollars. Now that the fancy new stadium is old and ugly, they want to bolt that town for another promised new stadium. They have no regards for the fans, only the dollar. May they never win another game... I hope they stay in SL and rot in Hell..! A truly classless organization.
I totally understand what you are saying, but that is all the fault of one Georgia Frontierrie and no one else. Had Carrol Rosenbloom not had his "accidental" drowning, the Rams never would have left the LA market. I don't hold the Ram franchise at fault for them moving, just Georgia!!

BTW I too am a Seattle fan for the same reason, Pete Carroll, but if the Rams move back, I will be a Ram fan once again.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 01-20-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 12:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 6,397,040 times
I'd like to know if there's anyone alive from the days in Cleveland. Someone who scoffs at the notion of the Rams returning "home" to LA.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'd like to know if there's anyone alive from the days in Cleveland. Someone who scoffs at the notion of the Rams returning "home" to LA.
Naw, they would have to be nearly 90 now to even remember them in Cleveland. Clevelanders are diehard Brown fans.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:18 PM

9,075 posts, read 15,116,214 times
I am not sure why the NFL would approve such a move. I would think the NFL would rather put a future expansion team in there, which they can charge $2 Billion for. Sure, they could charge the Rams an exorbitant relocation fee too, but it won't net the rest of the owners the money an expansion team would.

Thats just speculation however... anything could happen.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 PM

9,820 posts, read 4,668,680 times
I know there were diehard LA Rams fans, but the truth is, LA did not support the Rams or Raiders before. That said, I think LA will soon get a chance to try again. Some cities like KC, Green Bay etc. support the home team, win or lose. St Louis is a baseball town. I still think the Chargers would be a better fit. Remember, the Chargers started in LA too.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I am not sure why the NFL would approve such a move. I would think the NFL would rather put a future expansion team in there, which they can charge $2 Billion for. Sure, they could charge the Rams an exorbitant relocation fee too, but it won't net the rest of the owners the money an expansion team would.

Thats just speculation however... anything could happen.
Expansion is not in the cards for the NFL anytime soon. If LA is to get a team, it has to be an existing team, so why not have the return of the Los Angeles Rams.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:15 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,487,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
But how do you really feel?

Old 01-23-2015, 09:09 PM

5,130 posts, read 4,993,081 times
Wouldn't L.A. really rather have the Raiders back ? It seems to me the Raiders would be the natural choice. The Bay area has 2 teams playing in a market half the size of Los Angeles. I think the Rams are playing LA to get a better stadium deal in Saint Louis and I think it will work. Either way Saint Louis will have first crack to keep the Rams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or