Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 10:44 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,376,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Two things wrong with your supposition;
1. They used the balls that were under inflated. That's the most important part. Even if they can't figure out how, it did happened. Ignoring that is like having a body with a bullet in the head and since you can't figure out who did it, a murder never happened? Just using an extreme parallel situation.
2. The Colts balls did not have the same problem. Jackson, the defender that caught the interception even stated that he thought the refs even made the Pats use the Colts balls for a time, probably until they got the Pats' balls properly inflated.

At best, the NFL statement will say that they can't prove the Pats had anything to with HOW the balls got that way. It's doubtful that they will say they didn't use them that way.
Hmmm... this & that & that & this. Bottom line, nothing will be proven and there will be lots of spin room in the washing machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL's "top attorneys" are carefully wording this report as we speak.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:03 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,047,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Yet another scientific study (from a highly regarded source) that explains not only how the Patriots footballs could have deflated due to the environment, but in fact the Colts footballs could have stayed within specs.

Deflate gate debunked by Carnegie Mellon scientists...

So I suppose I have to be repetitive yet again, but there are so many scientific studies that have been corroborated on this issue that it could explain a lot. But of course some people still won't believe it.
I went as far as the second paragraph in the link and found this:

Quote:
The line has been drawn. You're either on the side who believes the earth is still flat or on the side of science and evolution.
As soon as a writer describes anyone who might disagree with their point of view as a "flat earther", I stop reading. That can be equated to the same as calling someone a Pats Hater.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Paranoid? You must be 100% blind to the court of public opinion. I've heard it on sports, the news, talk shows, for years and years - I'm not making it up - it IS the perception outside of New England. If you think otherwise than I have nothing more to say to you on the matter. I am not being sensitive at all - 8 years of regurgitated Spy Gate and a microscope on New England since then in the national media, which I guess you know nothing about.
Don't forget that this came the week after Belichick pushed the limits of the rules with the ineligible/eligible plays. While legal, it would tend to make people take a closer look at how the team does things.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:13 AM

I believe many of us have been taught to "Hate the sin, but do not hate the sinner". I do not hate the Pats.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM

19,667 posts, read 9,987,712 times
Quote:
Don't forget that this came the week after Belichick pushed the limits of the rules with the ineligible/eligible plays. While legal, it would tend to make people take a closer look at how the team does things.
And that is so common in college that no one pays attention. Oh and the Lions did the same thing earlier. It just comes down to being smarter than the other coaches.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And that is so common in college that no one pays attention. Oh and the Lions did the same thing earlier. It just comes down to being smarter than the other coaches.
More crafty, yes. Lot of movies made about crafty people. The Sting, Oceans 11, and more. Good work if you don't get caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM

Do I have to be the first one to post here about the Boston University Basketball game having its start delayed because of ball inflation problems?

Old 01-25-2015, 01:15 PM

You gotta laugh at this, no matter how you feel about the situation:
Tom Brady Talking About Balls: The Supercut

Old 01-25-2015, 01:28 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,105,176 times
Quote:
So far, it seems to be the Pats Fans either denying anything happened or if it did it was so minor that it is much ado about nothing, versus the rest of the world that is upset that our national pastime has been damaged, all the while the NFL is dragging its feet hoping it will die down. Some Pats fans think that if they can't pin down how the balls got deflated, it never happened in the first place. The weather on the Pats side of the field must have been a lot colder than the weather on the Colts side, according to Belichick.

Other or some of the same Pats Fans figure that since the Colts were beat so bad and it wouldn't have made any difference in the win or loss, it is ok to use equipment that was outside the rules.

Not all Pats Fans are like the above, so we have to give them credit. It's sort of like the Islam vs radical Islam and who is doing the terrorism argument. Not all in Islam are terrorists, but all the terrorists are Islamic. Not all the Pats Fans are blind but those that are blind seem to be Pats Fans.
Yadda, yadda, yadda...I don't see all Pats fans saying this is "nothing". You have selective reading and/or retainment.

Quote:
I missed the SNL show. I can't even remember the last time I went out of my way to watch them. Is it on You Tube?
I haven't watched since the '70s. It was on the station I watch news on. Don't know about YouTube. The skit was on Today this morning. (partial skit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
The point: deflategate is being blown out of proportion.
Oh no! You must be an evil Pats fan!

Quote:
But they got caught taping and it was against the rules. You maybe can complain about it being the Pats that seem to get caught and say it is because they are the Pats and people are against them, but doesn't that seem a bit paranoid? When Spygate happened, the Pats were not considered the dynasty they are today, so that is not a valid reason they got caught.
They weren't considered a dynasty after 3 SB rings?? 2 in a row?? Gee, I must have dreamed all TPTB calling them a dynasty. That statement right there shows how much you really know.

Keep on deluding yourself I "admitted" to anything.

Quote:
Fans like yourself offer up no real reason to have such disdain towards the Patriots. And in fact after 3 Super Bowl wins they were already considered a dynasty before Spy Gate. And after Spy Gate they went 18-0, and since that time continue to win, as evidenced by being in the past four AFC Championship games.

You will blindly forever accuse the Patriots of something. And even if the upcoming report finds nothing, you will continue to point fingers and doubt and come up with some reasoning that the Patriots are still bad. This Deflate Gate will probably make everyone outside of New England look like witch hunters, including you. You will look at anything the Patriots do and be on the bandwagon that blows things so far out of proportion it's comical.

So as a fan such as yourself continues to spew negativism in the direction of the Patriots without any true reasoning other than a rules infraction for which you will just say cheating regardless of the facts, and with so many other stories of other improprieties around the league that get no press, I will as a Pats fan have no respect for a "fan" of football like yourself. Pats fans have every right to term outsiders haters. I've read everything you've posted in this thread. My expectations is you will bite back at this post with something - go ahead. I'm pretty much done with being defensive towards people such as yourself. Your "perception" makes you look the fool, although I know you don't think that and believe it is I who am the fool. Keep on assuming the Patriots are a bad evil team who is cheating at every corner. Sad really.

Quote:
Why are you so paranoid that you think anyone who is against cheating is against the Pats? Could it be that they have the most accusations against them? Aren't you being overly sensitive?

I am against cheating at any point. This time around it happens to be the Pats accused of cheating. I did not accuse them, the Colts did. Can we not discuss the possibility the Colts were right? Can we not discuss what should come of it? Can we not discuss what the NFL should do to prevent it in the future? Can we not have a discussion without defenders of the accused turning a blind eye to the facts as they are known at this point?
No one seems to be turning a blind eye to anything except you! metal has said over and over and over that if the Pats are found "guilty" of any phoney baloney, he has no problem with the consequences. Like I said, very selective retainment.

Quote:
Paranoid? You must be 100% blind to the court of public opinion. I've heard it on sports, the news, talk shows, for years and years - I'm not making it up - it IS the perception outside of New England. If you think otherwise than I have nothing more to say to you on the matter. I am not being sensitive at all - 8 years of regurgitated Spy Gate and a microscope on New England since then in the national media, which I guess you know nothing about.

The discussion that the Colts may be right has been beaten to death last week, ALL prematurely I may add which goes back to the court of public opinion. You don't even know what the NFL could in the future prevent because you have no idea as to what happened - all you have done is assume like everyone else.

I have NEVER turned a blind eye. The Patriots took their lumps for video taping, but with all of the facts in that case I have read, that was blown WAY out of proportion. To this point there are NO facts other than under-inflated balls, period. I have said repeatedly I will wait until the NFL reports on its investigation before I pass judgement. If Brady and Belichick (who has had multiple pressers) have been outright lying, as a fan I'll deal with that if that becomes true. But unlike others I refuse to assume anything, because I am a believer in innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
No idea what happened - all we know is under inflated footballs. Where's the contradiction? It's actually the only "facts" we have right now.

Missing my point totally. Conditions on either side of a field - wind speed etc can be different on opposite sides of the field, as can temperature, sun or not. I'm not reaching but just making a point AGAIN that blind assumptions of cheating has run rampant on this story.

You have been reaching in this entire discussion, but I don't expect you to see that. I've made myself as perfectly clear as I can as a Patriots fan, or so I thought. I will move on once the report comes out, regardless of the outcome.

Quote:
Yet another scientific study (from a highly regarded source) that explains not only how the Patriots footballs could have deflated due to the environment, but in fact the Colts footballs could have stayed within specs.

Deflate gate debunked by Carnegie Mellon scientists...

So I suppose I have to be repetitive yet again, but there are so many scientific studies that have been corroborated on this issue that it could explain a lot. But of course some people still won't believe it.
Quote:
I went as far as the second paragraph in the link and found this:

As soon as a writer describes anyone who might disagree with their point of view as a "flat earther", I stop reading. That can be equated to the same as calling someone a Pats Hater.
Of course you only went so far. Anything contraire to your rabidity is not to be considered.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:30 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,105,176 times
Quote:
Do I have to be the first one to post here about the Boston University Basketball game having its start delayed because of ball inflation problems?
You sure have a "thing" against Boston, don't cha? SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football