U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 10:17 AM

768 posts, read 420,103 times

Advertisements

New England cheated. It does not matter if they needed to cheat or not to win. They cheated in a championship game. The only proportional response to vacate the win and replace then in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:21 AM

32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
New England cheated. It does not matter if they needed to cheat or not to win. They cheated in a championship game. The only proportional response to vacate the win and replace then in the Super Bowl.
do you have PROOF that they cheated? if so then bring it forward in a proper court. if not then you cant definitively say they cheated, and you only have accusations of cheating that are not proven, and thus they didnt cheat.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:25 AM

6,435 posts, read 4,194,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
NFL needs to improve its oversight of how/where/who/whats of football management before the game. Obviously the teams have found a loophole and now the NFL will have someone safeguard the balls. What a fiasco. More important things in the world/country - but how this has taken the lead story on many of the top news organizations is really embarrassing for our country.
I doubt that it is a good idea to only cover one story which might be the most important of that time. First, who decides what is the most important? Just because a story of lessor importance gets more traction does not mean it shouldn't be covered.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:27 AM

22,908 posts, read 19,346,007 times
Quote:
Wow, these haters would make great jury members, wouldn't they?

Old 01-23-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No, the guy thought the regular football was the underinflated one. What's with the accusations of everything NE is corrupt? You people need to get a grip.

Now, the reason I came here again...yesterday I kept saying "a Raven said...". It was NOT a Raven, it was a Hawk player. Birds, got them confused.

Carry on with your insatiable Pats hatred.
I think you are being quite a bit overly sensitive, which is understandable, being a Pats fan at this time.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:34 AM

22,908 posts, read 19,346,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I think you are being quite a bit overly sensitive, which is understandable, being a Pats fan at this time.
No, just tired of all the guilty until proven innocent mind set of non Patriot people. Good grief, I wouldn't be so hateful of anybody else's team before I knew the facts! Not even the Giants or Jets!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The question would be which team deserves to be in the SuperBowl? The team that cheated over the other team, or the team that beat the other team badly?

If I had to choose, the team that cheated would sit out for sure. Even if it has to be the Colts replacing them. I would prefer a playoff between the Ravens and the Colts, but at this short notice that will never happen. They will not delay the SB, that is certain. Too many people have plans that would have to be changed.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
No, just tired of all the guilty until proven innocent mind set of non Patriot people. Good grief, I wouldn't be so hateful of anybody else's team before I knew the facts! Not even the Giants or Jets!
The facts that are in are that the balls were indeed deflated. It would be far harder to believe that someone in the Colts organization had access to the balls to set up the Pats, so where does that leave us?

The NFL may be sitting on more facts, hoping the controversy will die down, so they don't have to make a pre SB decision.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 AM

1,069 posts, read 556,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The facts that are in are that the balls were indeed deflated. It would be far harder to believe that someone in the Colts organization had access to the balls to set up the Pats, so where does that leave us?

The NFL may be sitting on more facts, hoping the controversy will die down, so they don't have to make a pre SB decision.
Do people really think that Ne won't play in th SB or that Brady will be suspended....lol....seriously? My money is on a month after the SB, NE will get a fine and lose a 7th rd draft pick

Old 01-23-2015, 11:14 AM

6,470 posts, read 3,471,624 times
Quote:
I have no idea why people just don't understand this simple concept.

Myself, and I believe you too, are not sitting here claiming innocence. We're just being objective and logical, understanding there is an investigation going on. Until such a time a report is issued, the talons are out and everyone is blindly attacking assuming guilt.

I'll have no crow to eat if the Patriots or Brady or Belichick are ultimately implicated, because I have not run to their defense. Instead, as with any legal process, I believe in innocent until proven guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football