U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 11:23 AM

22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The facts that are in are that the balls were indeed deflated. It would be far harder to believe that someone in the Colts organization had access to the balls to set up the Pats, so where does that leave us?

The NFL may be sitting on more facts, hoping the controversy will die down, so they don't have to make a pre SB decision.
That leaves us with the possibility of an "inside job", a la Josh McDaniels or a ball boy paid well by the Colts. I don't think Brady or Belichick would gamble on such an important game. Especially where underinflated football's seemed to HINDER Brady's performance. How come no one, not even the refs, seemed to notice during game play? Stinks to me.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 PM

32,501 posts, read 26,389,888 times
Quote:
The facts that are in are that the balls were indeed deflated. It would be far harder to believe that someone in the Colts organization had access to the balls to set up the Pats, so where does that leave us?

The NFL may be sitting on more facts, hoping the controversy will die down, so they don't have to make a pre SB decision.
give me a break. if the balls were deflated, how did it happen? especially to ALL the balls? the answer is so simple even morons can figure it out, and it has to do with thermodynamics. inflate a ball to a specific pressure at a specific temperature, and then cool that ball off over time to a lower temperature, and what happens? the pressure inside the ball goes DOWN due to the contraction of the air in the ball.

nothing nefarious here to see, just sour grapes of people who hate the patriots and or tom brady and bill belichick.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:12 PM

6,429 posts, read 4,189,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
give me a break. if the balls were deflated, how did it happen? especially to ALL the balls? the answer is so simple even morons can figure it out, and it has to do with thermodynamics. inflate a ball to a specific pressure at a specific temperature, and then cool that ball off over time to a lower temperature, and what happens? the pressure inside the ball goes DOWN due to the contraction of the air in the ball.

nothing nefarious here to see, just sour grapes of people who hate the patriots and or tom brady and bill belichick.
It wasn't all the balls whoever did it missed one. If it were all the balls I could buy the weather explanation.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:04 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
Now ESPN is really digging. I saw on one of their blogs, an article on ball handling statistics of all outdoor teams versus the Pats. They say "no dot connecting" but Pats ball security far superior relative to other outdoor teams. Why put it in print ESPN if you are not dot connecting???

Old 01-23-2015, 02:07 PM

7,626 posts, read 11,483,783 times
Quote:
It wasn't all the balls whoever did it missed one. If it were all the balls I could buy the weather explanation.
It wasn't all the balls and it didn't happen to the Colt's balls nor the balls that were used in the 2nd half.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:21 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,467,398 times
At this point, this is an incredible display of a media witch hunt, fueled by rabid fans wanting someone to burn at the stake.

I will say repeatedly that I am not being a homer fan and saying the Patriots did nothing. But if you read every story from the moment this was leaked until now, there are more twists and turns to this plot, with people jumping on and off with their own theories, that the coverage itself has become a farce. Blame can be place almost anywhere, and the way the media has presented this, conspiracy theories could be anywhere.

I have always hated the media for their coverage of the news. The level at which this story is being played out is beyond anything that is rational. If Einstein was alive they'd have him on ESPN scientifically explaining everything about a football, PSI's, and relative changes to the ball based on this and that. I don't give a sh*t what the outcome is, whether it was purposeful or not. The issue at hand relative to the game played on the field is almost non-existent, yet because of how the media has handled this everyone thinks games have been altered and winners should be losers. Do you really get the game of football if you believe the Patriots, if found to have purposefully broken the rules, altered a game? OMFG is all I can say to those people. By the time the media is done talking about balls, a word I've heard way too many times, they will be too busy picking pubes out of their teeth to cover the game.

The issue, and ONLY issue, that should be discussed here is if the Patriots broke any rules or not. And whats at stake is integrity of the game, not the altering of a teams ability to get to the Super Bowl. If the rules were proved to be deliberately broken, punish them with fines and draft picks. Suspend if the NFL wants. Unlike the Black Sox who altered the outcome of games, anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who knows the game of football, knows that this issue has not determined anything on the field of play.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM

22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times
No one KNOWS if the Pats broke any rules or not. All anyone here can do is SPECULATE. We weren't there on the sidelines or locker room. All any of us can do is wait for the NFL to make their call. Give it a rest!

Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM

894 posts, read 840,905 times
As a Pats fan, I don't know where to stand on this. I can't believe Brady or Belichick would be so stupid as to cheat when they already defeated the Colts handily during the regular season. The Colts had no chance in this game to begin with, so why take such a risk?

However on the other hand, I can't imagine some plebe on the equipment staff taking it upon himself to deflate balls prior to the start of the game. If in fact they did deliberately deflate balls the order came from either Brady or one of the coaches. If it had been one ball that was deflated you could write it off as an anomaly, but 11 out of 12 is a little suspect.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:34 PM

7,626 posts, read 11,483,783 times
Yeah, it's hard to believe some ball boy took it upon himself to mess with the balls without being told to.

There was no advantage to it anyway. The Pats played better the 2nd half with "regular" balls.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:49 PM

6,429 posts, read 4,189,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No one KNOWS if the Pats broke any rules or not. All anyone here can do is SPECULATE. We weren't there on the sidelines or locker room. All any of us can do is wait for the NFL to make their call. Give it a rest!
If that is how you feel about it, then by all means come back to CD after the NFL is done with it. We will still be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football