U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I don't feel like going through 18 pages of comments, so could someone tell when the results of this investigation might be? I thought that the NFL had said 2-3 days. It's not Sunday morning EST, and we haven't heard anything.
So far, it seems to be the Pats Fans either denying anything happened or if it did it was so minor that it is much ado about nothing, versus the rest of the world that is upset that our national pastime has been damaged, all the while the NFL is dragging its feet hoping it will die down. Some Pats fans think that if they can't pin down how the balls got deflated, it never happened in the first place. The weather on the Pats side of the field must have been a lot colder than the weather on the Colts side, according to Belichick.

Other or some of the same Pats Fans figure that since the Colts were beat so bad and it wouldn't have made any difference in the win or loss, it is ok to use equipment that was outside the rules.

Not all Pats Fans are like the above, so we have to give them credit. It's sort of like the Islam vs radical Islam and who is doing the terrorism argument. Not all in Islam are terrorists, but all the terrorists are Islamic. Not all the Pats Fans are blind but those that are blind seem to be Pats Fans.

 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You don't need to use the wood "hate", it is clearly apparent in every post you make. Only a blind person couldn't see it.

Thanks, for admitting that you were trying to put words into my mouth.

Me? You think I thought you were directing that Henandez bit to me?? That's funny. No, I just wonder why you keep bringing up that POS. You keep insinuating that POS is the representation of the Patriots organization as a whole and that we, being Pats fans, would pay for a lawyer for that POS. Oh, no, you don't hate the Patriots or the fans. You aren't fooling anyone except yourself.

I am thankful for the Hernandez story. It keeps all the Pats Fanatics from jumping all over the Ray Rice and Ray Lewis stories in order to deflect from this issue.




Awww, cry me a river. As if EVERY team doesn't play for home field advantage. We WON that privilege. TWICE IN two weeks.

LOL, SNL was a hoot about this crap.
I missed the SNL show. I can't even remember the last time I went out of my way to watch them. Is it on You Tube?
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Like I said, hearsay - can you read? Just like everyone else jumping to conclusions before any facts have been complete, and slinging hash just because they can. So as a Pats fan I'll throw my garbage in the ring like everyone else. To you and others who have assumed guilt before innocence with any credible evidence as to the how and why:

On Monday, the NFL will announce no wrong doing by the Patriots. Every detractor in the media, guys like Aikman and Bettis, ESPN, FoxSports, and non-Patriots fans will be eating the largest plate of crow since caveman times. Next Sunday, despite the unfair advantage Seattle has had this past week to prepare without distraction (cheating by default), it will simply be the Seahawks in the wrong place at the wrong time as they suffer the wrath of the Patriots. The following Monday, Brady & Belichick will sue anyone and everyone who was on the bandwagon for defamation of character. And then we’ll see the Lombardi trophy in Foxboro.

Of course on Monday I could be eating my own crow with this statement.
Considering that the Pats could have gotten into the Superbowl with the help of equipment that was outside of the rules, I hope the Seahawks win. I say could because, even if it is proven that they blatantly cheated with the balls in the Colts game, it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome, but, if they used them in the last game, then there is every likelihood they also did in the previous game that was close.

Had that other team been the Jets, instead of the Ravens, or any other AFC team I would feel the same way about it. No one can say the deflated balls would not yield more points for a QB that likes them that way any more than any one could say it would yield more points. It just puts that dark cloud over the victory in a close game.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,759 posts, read 1,944,246 times
Reputation: 1913
You know, even if the Patriots did some hanky panky with their balls, it would be hard to prove. I think the NFL is going through the motions so they won't be accused of sweeping this under the rug. That's it.

Here's what I believe will happen:

There will be some BS investigative report that will be released sometime in February, and it'll state that the NFL and the Patriots are not guilty of any wrong doing. It will state that the balls were inflated on the low side to start the game and that weather played a roll in dropping them below the league minimum in the first half. They'll then go on to say that upon realizing the balls were losing pressure they were reinflated in the second half to satisfy regulations.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:52 AM
 
764 posts, read 1,578,460 times
Reputation: 752
Deflategate sounds more like gossip . . .much ado.

Chris Kluwe, retired NFL player wrote an interesting article in Time magazine: 'The Real ‘Deflategate’ Scandal Is That Anyone Cares' (Many truths herein, IMO)

The Real 'Deflategate' Scandal Is That Anyone Cares - TIME

Excerpt: The NFL wants you to keep buying what it sells, and the easiest way to do that is to have a “controversy” that’s not really controversial at all. Instead of asking how many needles went into game balls, ask how many Toradol shots went into bodies before the game, and what price an extra two games a year would add. Instead of wondering what penalties the commissioner might impose, wonder why a man more concerned with PR than with actually doing the right thing has such broad and unchecked power. Instead of rehashing the talking points a “sports news” network incestuously intertwined with the sport it covers gives you, ask yourself why you care so much about something so incredibly minor.

The NFL has plenty of scandals. This is not one of them.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
You know, even if the Patriots did some hanky panky with their balls, it would be hard to prove. I think the NFL is going through the motions so they won't be accused of sweeping this under the rug. That's it.

Here's what I believe will happen:

There will be some BS investigative report that will be released sometime in February, and it'll state that the NFL and the Patriots are not guilty of any wrong doing. It will state that the balls were inflated on the low side to start the game and that weather played a roll in dropping them below the league minimum in the first half. They'll then go on to say that upon realizing the balls were losing pressure they were reinflated in the second half to satisfy regulations.
Two things wrong with your supposition;
1. They used the balls that were under inflated. That's the most important part. Even if they can't figure out how, it did happened. Ignoring that is like having a body with a bullet in the head and since you can't figure out who did it, a murder never happened? Just using an extreme parallel situation.
2. The Colts balls did not have the same problem. Jackson, the defender that caught the interception even stated that he thought the refs even made the Pats use the Colts balls for a time, probably until they got the Pats' balls properly inflated.

At best, the NFL statement will say that they can't prove the Pats had anything to with HOW the balls got that way. It's doubtful that they will say they didn't use them that way.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 AM
 
6,520 posts, read 3,500,233 times
Reputation: 10339
If the NFL finds fault, fines etc should be imposed.

If the NFL finds nothing, it's the rest of the fans who will continue to spew hate and continue to point fingers at the Patriots. So as much as everyone right now, pre report, is talking integrity and throwing Brady and Belichick under the bus with no evidence, with a no wrong doing report I've pretty much lost respect for all the finger pointers. I won't care if you guys continue to think they got away with something. I will stand behind my team, and have no respect for you, because it will be true that people hate winners. And to use Spy Gate as an excuse - lame if you read the facts.

I've always said people suck - if no wrong doing then this is the worst case of suckage I've ever seen.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 AM
 
9,829 posts, read 4,672,021 times
Reputation: 5543
Suppose the Colts inflated their balls to the max 13.5, the Pats to the min, 12.5, both legal. Then they went from the 72 degrees indoors to the 50 outdoors which caused the pressure to drop one lb. Then the Colts would be at 12.5, still legal and the Pats at 11.5, illegal. I know that a tire will drop that much or more with a 20 degree temp change. Don't know about footballs.
The whole problem could be solved, if the NFL would control the footballs, as they should.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Deflategate sounds more like gossip . . .much ado.

Chris Kluwe, retired NFL player wrote an interesting article in Time magazine: 'The Real ‘Deflategate’ Scandal Is That Anyone Cares' (Many truths herein, IMO)

The Real 'Deflategate' Scandal Is That Anyone Cares - TIME

Excerpt: The NFL wants you to keep buying what it sells, and the easiest way to do that is to have a “controversy” that’s not really controversial at all. Instead of asking how many needles went into game balls, ask how many Toradol shots went into bodies before the game, and what price an extra two games a year would add. Instead of wondering what penalties the commissioner might impose, wonder why a man more concerned with PR than with actually doing the right thing has such broad and unchecked power. Instead of rehashing the talking points a “sports news” network incestuously intertwined with the sport it covers gives you, ask yourself why you care so much about something so incredibly minor.

The NFL has plenty of scandals. This is not one of them.
Sounds like deflection when you start in on PEDs. As far as penalties go, I would be concerned in NE that the Saints got huge penalties for doing something that wasn't even against the rules. In this case, no one got hurt, but it puts the whole competition thing into doubt.

Keep digging up ex players that say the deflated balls wouldn't make any difference. You have a long way to go to overcome the number of ex players and current players who are saying it could.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Hiding from Antifa?
6,485 posts, read 4,221,778 times
Reputation: 5759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Suppose the Colts inflated their balls to the max 13.5, the Pats to the min, 12.5, both legal. Then they went from the 72 degrees indoors to the 50 outdoors which caused the pressure to drop one lb. Then the Colts would be at 12.5, still legal and the Pats at 11.5, illegal. I know that a tire will drop that much or more with a 20 degree temp change. Don't know about footballs.
The whole problem could be solved, if the NFL would control the footballs, as they should.
I agree with you that the weather could have caused the balls to drop in pressure, but, if the Colts had inflated theirs to 13.5 and the pressure dropped 2 psi, just like Pats balls did, the Colts balls would have been lower than the minimum as well. The NFL should have stipulated in the rules that the balls be KEPT within the limits during the course of the game. Maybe they will next year, if they don't take over the ball issue and make both teams play with balls that are un-doctored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top