U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2015, 09:27 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,574 posts, read 33,850,746 times
Reputation: 14281

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Nope, they are saying 12 out of 24 now. They changed it.

If all 24 balls were verified and all 24 balls were replace at half time, what were the documented air pressures when they were replace.

Not just this many failed and this many passed? What was the PSI per ball?

The humidity levels inside the ball(a lot of moisture in the compressed air) will also effect how much pressure drops per degree of temperature drop.


If you do wood floors, you should know all this stuff, since wood flooring is very hygroscopic, with temp and humidity being very important to wood flooring installation and service life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2015, 10:42 PM
 
9,635 posts, read 4,614,298 times
Reputation: 5477
I have no idea how it happened. Just waiting like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:02 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,529,402 times
Reputation: 2052
Won't matter, deflate the balls, it makes them easy to intercept too. Seattle will have a hay day on pass defense. Only real advantage I really acknowledge is in the Running game. It would help out Blount from getting the ball ripped out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 AM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have no idea how it happened. Just waiting like everyone else.
I think only New England fans are waiting. Everyone else has already assumed guilt, regardless of what the NFL's report will say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 09:10 AM
 
52,032 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32463
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I think only New England fans are waiting. Everyone else has already assumed guilt, regardless of what the NFL's report will say.
I can't imagine why people wouldn't give New England the benefit of the doubt.

#sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 09:22 AM
 
671 posts, read 656,791 times
Reputation: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Nope, they are saying 12 out of 24 now. They changed it.
No they are saying the 12 New England footballs. No official sources have said anything about Indy's footballs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM
 
Location: California
2,015 posts, read 2,015,753 times
Reputation: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And it only affected 12 out of 24?
Exactly my thoughts, all the affected balls belonged to the Patriots!! The balls that were the Colts were also checked and not one ball had dropped in psi.

Lets face it, That Patriots cheated, after all that is the "PATRIOT WAY".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM
 
Location: California
2,015 posts, read 2,015,753 times
Reputation: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
No they are saying the 12 New England footballs. No official sources have said anything about Indy's footballs.
They Colts balls were checked as well, not one ball lost any pressure. They were the same psi when the game officials checked them prior to the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Southern NH
2,532 posts, read 4,961,644 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
They Colts balls were checked as well, not one ball lost any pressure. They were the same psi when the game officials checked them prior to the game.
What is the source on that? Has the NFL stated that? Or, was it stated that the balls the Colts were using were within the specification when measured at half time (which does not proved that balls cannot lose pressure during a half of football as the Colts balls could have been inflated to a higher pre-game pressure than the pats' balls). Did anyone ask Andrew Luck about his preference regarding air pressure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 06:03 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,529,402 times
Reputation: 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
What is the source on that? Has the NFL stated that? Or, was it stated that the balls the Colts were using were within the specification when measured at half time (which does not proved that balls cannot lose pressure during a half of football as the Colts balls could have been inflated to a higher pre-game pressure than the pats' balls). Did anyone ask Andrew Luck about his preference regarding air pressure?
Your fighting a losing battle. Face it, no matter what happens, Seattle will either win, or there will be no winner at the SB. Should the Deflatriots win, everyone will just dismiss them as cheaters. Tom Brady is metamorphing from a Football "star" to a football "asterix". (yes I thought of that one all on my own).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top