U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2015, 09:00 PM
 
1,577 posts, read 981,082 times
Reputation: 2965

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
..what is the point of the Pro Bowl?
To reward players for their individual excellence during the regular season.. A guy goes out, plays well all season, gets voted to a Pro Bowl.. then receives a trip to Hawaii (AZ this year), and always has pro-bowler on his resume'.

Sounds like a good deal, and professional honor to me.. Also, I think it's fun filler between the conference championship games & the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2015, 09:05 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,546 posts, read 5,369,214 times
Reputation: 6590
I started watching it, but got bored within a few minutes of watching. With all the new rules in play and players looking like they were not really trying all that hard, I just went to something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 AM
 
6,438 posts, read 3,450,877 times
Reputation: 10199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i wouldnt say that. teh nascar all star event has something like $1 million payout for the winner of the all star event. but then race drivers are a different breed than other people, they will compete just because there is a race, even with nothing on the line except their pride.
I didn't think of that, and I do agree that Nascar is a whole different breed. That all star event is just as dangerous to the drivers as any other race, as they are driving the same as they always do.

I can't think of any other sport that we could say that about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2015, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,375 posts, read 7,956,581 times
Reputation: 6636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
To reward players for their individual excellence during the regular season.. A guy goes out, plays well all season, gets voted to a Pro Bowl.. then receives a trip to Hawaii (AZ this year), and always has pro-bowler on his resume'.

Sounds like a good deal, and professional honor to me.. Also, I think it's fun filler between the conference championship games & the Super Bowl.
Not only that, but they do play for a bonus. The losers got $27k, and the winners $54k. Even for these guys that's a nice check.

________________________________

I made it completely clear at the top that I knew most people didn't like or watch it, and they instantly had to make it clear how they didn't like or watch it

Glad my bet was on Team Irvin, so I made a little cash...TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2015, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,375 posts, read 7,956,581 times
Reputation: 6636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I started watching it, but got bored within a few minutes of watching. With all the new rules in play and players looking like they were not really trying all that hard, I just went to something else.

Too bad, the second half was quite enjoyable.

The 14' goal posts were a joke.

BTW, those rules are to keep players from being hurt needlessly. Even so, both sides had several penalties for blitzing. Both Mathews and Watt put on a show for a packed house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2015, 07:09 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,546 posts, read 5,369,214 times
Reputation: 6590
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Too bad, the second half was quite enjoyable.

The 14' goal posts were a joke.

BTW, those rules are to keep players from being hurt needlessly. Even so, both sides had several penalties for blitzing. Both Mathews and Watt put on a show for a packed house.
I fell asleep anyway, but I did see the highlights though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top