U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:31 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,084,958 times

Advertisements

I used to be a cardinals fan so I have a lot to choose from.

I'll go Wendell Bryant 1, Levi Brown 2, and Bryant Johnson 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:18 PM

9,687 posts, read 4,636,479 times
Chiefs....Todd Blackledge. Most disappointing.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:48 PM

4,296 posts, read 1,867,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Fair enough regarding their low pay.

IMO this thread is really about biggest busts/disappointments, not really worst player, because that would most likely be someone no one ever heard of.
The criteria is open for each persons own interpretation.

Certainly most will remember bust, and yeah, you want even know the guy that didn't even make it off the practice squad.

There are some players though, who were pretty bad and for some reason continued to see playing time. At the same time, these players may not be big busts in terms of what a team traded for to get them or draft pick used on the player. Watson fits that mold.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:53 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,516,597 times
Well in that case, let's go with Ravens - every replacement for Jimmy Smith the past 11 games.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,526,483 times
Akili Smith -- Bengals

Old 02-01-2015, 11:45 AM

768 posts, read 922,767 times
Johnathan Sullivan/Russell Erxelben -- Saints

Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM

13,945 posts, read 19,199,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I can match that one my friend----Daryl Gardner!

High draft choice with Miami, played several seasons with them. Then signed for a one year deal with the Redskins, waiting for a big payday. Denver got him one. Signed him for 7 years and 34.8 million dollars with a 11 million dollar bonus. Fast forward to July-----

Got into a fight at 3 in the morning at a International House of Pancakes parking lot in Aurora. Duh.

Wound up breaking his wrist and missed training camp because of injury. Duh.

Had a setback in the preseason with the wrist and didn't start any preseason games, finally starting in week three. Duh.

Was in Shanahan's doghouse from then on as he got on one of the sport talk stations in Denver and ripped the assistant coaches because of their defensive schemes that he didn't like. Later he ripped Shanahan himself on a different talk station. Duh.

Deactivated for the last few weeks of the season reportedly by the Rocky Mountain News for an undisclosed football illness, got his release Duh.

Told a Denver Post reporter "I'll be back in the league with a team who knows my talents." Duh.

He was out of the league by the next year-2004.

Brutal.
Completely forgot about him. Yeah, at least Carter gave us some production, including a pretty crucial interception at home against Oakland during Monday Night Football. Gardener only appeared in a few games for Denver and had no impact.

Also, wasn't it Gardener that called Mike Shanahan the "little man upstairs" or something to that effect?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,018,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Completely forgot about him. Yeah, at least Carter gave us some production, including a pretty crucial interception at home against Oakland during Monday Night Football. Gardener only appeared in a few games for Denver and had no impact.

Also, wasn't it Gardener that called Mike Shanahan the "little man upstairs" or something to that effect?
Heh, yea, that's the guy!

Old 02-01-2015, 04:36 PM

6,579 posts, read 10,318,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I can match that one my friend----Daryl Gardner!

High draft choice with Miami, played several seasons with them. Then signed for a one year deal with the Redskins, waiting for a big payday. Denver got him one. Signed him for 7 years and 34.8 million dollars with a 11 million dollar bonus. Fast forward to July-----

Got into a fight at 3 in the morning at a International House of Pancakes parking lot in Aurora. Duh.

Wound up breaking his wrist and missed training camp because of injury. Duh.

Had a setback in the preseason with the wrist and didn't start any preseason games, finally starting in week three. Duh.

Was in Shanahan's doghouse from then on as he got on one of the sport talk stations in Denver and ripped the assistant coaches because of their defensive schemes that he didn't like. Later he ripped Shanahan himself on a different talk station. Duh.

Deactivated for the last few weeks of the season reportedly by the Rocky Mountain News for an undisclosed football illness, got his release Duh.

Told a Denver Post reporter "I'll be back in the league with a team who knows my talents." Duh.

He was out of the league by the next year-2004.

Brutal.
Forgot about Gardener. Quality individual.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,101,109 times
Too many come and go too quickly to make that decision for me. I think many times the biggest disappointment is top college QB taking a high draft choice that just do not pan-out as pro. Pros are a huge jump in many position over others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or