U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:34 AM

1,069 posts, read 555,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Simple solution then! DON'T ATTEND THE GAME!!! Seriously why should those cities, all of which have loyal followings to their teams, are knowledgeable football fans, not to mention line the NFL's pockets by purchasing merchandise, tickets...ect... be denied just because a bunch of primadonnas don't want to sit out in the cold? It's a slap in the face to the fans in those cities. The NFL may as well just come out and say it "hey (insert cold weather city here)_________ we love your money, but forget about hosting a Super Bowl."

As for not coming to Cleveland, because of being stuck in the snow, Super Bowls have been held in cold weather cities such as Minnesota and Detroit. The only difference is they have a dome.
simpler solution….keep games in the warm weather cities to maximize $$$$….being fair, average Joe Fan in Cleveland doesn't have the coin to be able to afford the game, so he isn't going anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 10:44 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,085,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
simpler solution….keep games in the warm weather cities to maximize $$$$….being fair, average Joe Fan in Cleveland doesn't have the coin to be able to afford the game, so he isn't going anyway

And what average Joe Fan in any city can afford it? The Super Bowl isn't about the true fans anymore, and that is too bad. It's all about pandering to the celebrity primadonnas who treat the game as a social event anyway. I remember when they had the Super Bowl in Jacksonville several years ago, and they all whined that there was nothing to do! Spare me! Call me crazy, but the idea of going to the game is to watch the damn game! Everything else to me, a true fan... is secondary!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
And what average Joe Fan in any city can afford it? The Super Bowl isn't about the true fans anymore, and that is too bad. It's all about pandering to the celebrity primadonnas who treat the game as a social event anyway. I remember when they had the Super Bowl in Jacksonville several years ago, and they all whined that there was nothing to do! Spare me! Call me crazy, but the idea of going to the game is to watch the damn game! Everything else to me, a true fan... is secondary!
Brownsfan, i get what you are saying and i agree with your points….The SB, similar to the Final Four in college basketball is an event that does indeed cater to celebrities….why….because they have $$$$$$$$$$$$….lets be fair, you care about your Browns, you probably don't give a rats behind about the Pats/Seahawks. So if your Browns aren't in the SB, you aren't going, even if it is in Cleveland. People want to hang out and sip Mai-Tais in hawaiian shirts in 80 degree weather, not the bone chilling cold of a city up north in late Jan/Feb….people pander to $$$$, is it right, probably not, but that is the way it is

Old 02-02-2015, 10:53 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,512,988 times
I live in a cold weather area atm, and I have no problem with having to travel to a SB if I were to ever go. In fact, if I were to go, I think it would be more fun to get on a plane out to Phoenix or Tampa or New Orleans or wherever else for a few days.

Is it also unfair that the Buckeyes had to go down to Dallas for that game last month?

Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Brownsfan, i get what you are saying and i agree with your points….The SB, similar to the Final Four in college basketball is an event that does indeed cater to celebrities….why….because they have $$$$$$$$$$$$….lets be fair, you care about your Browns, you probably don't give a rats behind about the Pats/Seahawks. So if your Browns aren't in the SB, you aren't going, even if it is in Cleveland. People want to hang out and sip Mai-Tais in hawaiian shirts in 80 degree weather, not the bone chilling cold of a city up north in late Jan/Feb….people pander to $$$$, is it right, probably not, but that is the way it is
Even if the Browns got to the Super Bowl, knowing the astronomical costs of a ticket, I wouldn't be going. However; if I were to get a free ticket, I'd go no matter which 2 teams are playing. I would however stand in the cold and brave the elements of a victory parade in downtown Cleveland should that day ever come. In fact, my boss who is also a diehard fan, and a season ticket holder more than likely would shut the company down that day so that we could all go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I live in a cold weather area atm, and I have no problem with having to travel to a SB if I were to ever go. In fact, if I were to go, I think it would be more fun to get on a plane out to Phoenix or Tampa or New Orleans or wherever else for a few days.

Is it also unfair that the Buckeyes had to go down to Dallas for that game last month?

Yep. Look, my issue isn't necessarily about warm weather cities hosting the Super Bowl. I do however think that there should be a rotation, where every NFL city gets the opportunity to host it.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,369,384 times
Quote:
so you want to hold the SB experience and all the parties and everything else in -20 degree weather with snow blowing? The game is almost secondary to all the build up and parties and "experiences"….much more accommodating in 75 degrees than 12 degrees
The Super Bowl Experience is a bunch of kiddie carnival games and corporate tents offering things like cable and free sugar water. Bring on the winter Super Bowls and ditch the "experience" all together. I'd rather have available parking and go about my normal life that experience the "Experience" again.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,345,998 times
Quote:
Simple solution then! DON'T ATTEND THE GAME!!! Seriously why should those cities, all of which have loyal followings to their teams, are knowledgeable football fans, not to mention line the NFL's pockets by purchasing merchandise, tickets...ect... be denied just because a bunch of primadonnas don't want to sit out in the cold? It's a slap in the face to the fans in those cities. The NFL may as well just come out and say it "hey (insert cold weather city here)_________ we love your money, but forget about hosting a Super Bowl."

As for not coming to Cleveland, because of being stuck in the snow, Super Bowls have been held in cold weather cities such as Minnesota and Detroit. The only difference is they have a dome.

Superbowls have been known to be in a dome or a warm weather city so cold and snowy weather would not work for such a big time event.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Superbowls have been known to be in a dome or a warm weather city so cold and snowy weather would not work for such a big time event.

It works for the Winter Olympics. That is quite an event, and stretches a lot longer.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
It works for the Winter Olympics. That is quite an event, and stretches a lot longer.
Is Brady taking a luge to the line of scrimmage?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:49 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times
Floorist, hanks for the article! Got a question for ya!

It's been years since I've been to Arrowhead Stadium, but IIRC there wasn't a lot in regards to hotel accommodations from I-70 coming into the KC city limits. I know there isn't when you come in off I-29 as I have friends in Omaha and KC (specifically Gladstone) that I visit every other year. Hotel accommodations certainly is a criterion here to host a super bowl, how is that situation these days? Has a number of them been built or on the drawing board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or