U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,417,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
This was Seattle's game in the bag. If I was a Pats fan I wouldn't be too cocky. Seattle literally threw this game away and it should've been Baltimore vs Seattle to begin with.
If I were a Seattle fan I would be a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 08:18 PM

5,744 posts, read 4,276,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
No, it was an awful call. With a mediocre running back, yes, a safe call. But when you've got Marshawn Lynch or Eddie Lacy as your RB, that's a horrible call

I never advocate overreacting to a single call, but if anyone's a candidate to get canned for one bad call, it's Pete Carroll. Just the worst call I've ever seen.
I am sure fans of the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals are certainly rooting for Carrol to be fired, but i don't think a single hawk fan will be.. well, maybe 1 or 2 for the moment but after they climb down from the building they are about to jump off they will realize, Carrol is a great coach and aint going no where.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:18 PM

23,051 posts, read 19,472,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
F*cking A!!!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^ Ditto!!! LMAO, "they" are still whining here. I love it.

Julian Edleman for MVP!

Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,611,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
This was Seattle's game in the bag. If I was a Pats fan I wouldn't be too cocky. Seattle literally threw this game away and it should've been Baltimore vs Seattle to begin with.
That sounds like an excuse to me. Patriots won the game, and that's all that matters. I'm fairly certain the Patriots defense was on the field.

6,849 posts, read 7,935,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Pete Carroll is a likeable guy, but he needs to be fired if Seattle wants to win another championship with this team.
The erratic and unpredictable play calling that got them to this game was their downfall in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If I were a Seattle fan I would be a loser.
Yes, tonight you would be. LOL

Old 02-01-2015, 08:20 PM

1,263 posts, read 996,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
If was a Seattle fan i wouldn't get too cocky either.. wait... its too late for that..
But to be fair, every Super Bowl winning teams fan gets to bask in the glory and gloat. that's just part of the deal..
Dude the game was handed to you. Absolutely horrible call. I hate both teams and I live in New England but come on.

4,749 posts, read 3,631,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I am sure fans of the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals are certainly rooting for Carrol to be fired, but i don't think a single hawk fan will be.. well, maybe 1 or 2 for the moment but after they climb down from the building they are about to jump off they will realize, Carrol is a great coach and aint going no where.
No, I bet they are right now. Seattle got to greatness because of good drafts, not because of anything Pete Carroll did. They're the most penalized team in the league for starters, which shows they play undisciplined football. That's okay if you're playing losers but against a balanced team like NE, forget it.

2,716 posts, read 2,626,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Can someone explain to me why they chose to throw the ball instead of trying to have someone run and plow their way up the middle or side or whatever?

I admittedly am not an expert in the game of football, but even I thought, what the heck, when I saw them lining up and the QB was readying to throw.
Stats padding maybe?
Another touchdown pass would've been nice for Wilson on the stats sheet.

Other then that I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
^^^^^^^^^ Ditto!!! LMAO, "they" are still whining here. I love it.

Julian Edleman for MVP!
Edleman is certainly runner up , but I think the MVP is Brady's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or