U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:40 PM
 
Location: New England
1,242 posts, read 981,948 times
Reputation: 959

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
So untrue. Obviously the Seahawks weren't smart enough to win. The better team won.
One stupid mistake. The Pats cannot even come close to claiming to be the ¨better team." With what's hanging over their head, they and their fans should probably shut the hell up for a while. Because there's a damn good possibility the Ravens should've been in this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
 
4,295 posts, read 1,867,409 times
Reputation: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
F- Brady! How is he the MVP. This sh*t is pathetic! Tired of this nonsense. Leaving the computer to vomit now.
Four tds and over 300 yards.

But I do agree ditch. Edleman was a beast all night for the pats. If he doesn't suit up they probably cross mid field twice all game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
 
Location: New England
1,242 posts, read 981,948 times
Reputation: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, I am not a pats fan.. far from it.. I am sure the Pats fans would be whining had the lost a third Super Bowl because of an unbelievable catch at the end of the game.. but the facts are, the Pats defense made a play.. so the Seahawks fans are whinning.. go figure! Trust me.. no Patriots fan is embarrassed because of that play call, not one!
It was a great catch by a professional football player. His eyes were on the ball the whole time. Pats fans are on their own little high right now, ignorant to reality. (Mod edit-one sentence deleted)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,617,091 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
how do you let your 2 best receivers go in Harvin and Tate and expect to win.....I'm surprised the Hawks made it back to the SB.


Seahawks front office need to get a big time receiver.
Here's the point: they were right there ready to win the game. All they needed was for their most established playmaker to be given a chance to do what he does.

But no, "genius" Carroll decides to throw it - not on the side, not on the corners, not out of reach - but in traffic. He not only fails to utilize Marshawn Lynch, he also fails to utilize Russell Wilson's legs. Just an unbelievably stupid call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,695 posts, read 4,243,614 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
One stupid mistake. The Pats cannot even come close to claiming to be the ¨better team." With what's hanging over their head, they and their fans should probably shut the hell up for a while. Because there's a damn good possibility the Ravens should've been in this game.
Did you watch the game? the Pats scored 14 points in the 4th quarter.. they went up and down the field on the Seahawks like they were playing a high school team and yet you claim they are not even close to being the better team.. seriously dude.. get over it.. there always next year..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:42 PM
 
4,295 posts, read 1,867,409 times
Reputation: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Desperation? It wasn't 4th down.. he was not desperate. Carroll figured the Pats would load the box and try to stuff Lynch.. so he figured a quick slant would be perfect.. had it worked, Carroll and hte Hawks would be the talk of the town, but since the Patriot defender jumped the Route, Carroll is no longer a good coach? seriously???
You misunderstood that poster.

He is talking about the fake field goal play obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,552,880 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
One stupid mistake. The Pats cannot even come close to claiming to be the ¨better team." With what's hanging over their head, they and their fans should probably shut the hell up for a while. Because there's a damn good possibility the Ravens should've been in this game.
Well you keep hanging everything on possibilities. What was possible and what actually happened are two very different things. Tom Brady did what he did best, and he played great for most of the game. Clearly the Patriots outplayed the Seahawks tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Type 0.7 Kardashev
10,577 posts, read 7,300,978 times
Reputation: 37479
Some thoughts:

The game really had everything. A close first half, capped with the gutsy one-last-shot touchdown rather than settling for a field goal. Then the momentum went totally to Seattle, as they reeled off 17 points in a row. Then, another comeback from 10 points down for New England to take the lead. The crazy fluke completion down to the 5-yard line. And, of course, the pass.

ONE FOR THE AGES

No, the MVP should not have gone to Edelman. Yes, he had a fine game. But 9 receptions for 109 yards does not trump 328 passing yards on 37-of-50 passing, even with the 2 picks tossed in.

No, Pete Carroll should not be fired. An unwise call? Yes, to put it mildly. But that call does not negate one Super Bowl championship, with another Super Bowl appearance tossed in.

It could have gone either way. Seattle has a slightly better team. But they were outcoached, and I don't just mean that one play. It's not enough to be slightly better than the Patriots - you also have to be able to coach as good as Belichick. Today, Carroll did not do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 PM
 
1,324 posts, read 2,060,071 times
Reputation: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, I am not a pats fan.. far from it.. I am sure the Pats fans would be whining had the lost a third Super Bowl because of an unbelievable catch at the end of the game.. but the facts are, the Pats defense made a play.. so the Seahawks fans are whinning.. go figure! Trust me.. no Patriots fan is embarrassed because of that play call, not one!
Yeah, and lets face it, if the scenario was switched pats fans would be whining about the call no doubt, but i bet the hawks fans would be thumping their chest talking about their solid shutdown defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,578,237 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
You mad bro?
No, I'm no seattle fan. I have no dog in the fight, I just call it like I see it. Seattle gave the game away with the stupid pass call on the goal line. When Lynch had been running the game well all game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top